Archstone Adult Family Home - Renton, WA

A place I could leave my grandmother

Archstone AFH is a clean and loving home. The fact that this home does not have that hospital smell is the first indicator that this may be a good AFH. The common areas have many windows and sunlight lights up the place and both common areas also have a TV if a resident wants to watch the news or a favorite TV show. There is also a deck in the back that residents can enjoy when the weather is nice.

Meals are prepared on site and look pretty good--something I would definitely eat if I was at this home for a visit. The health of the residents is also taken very seriously. Mike, the owner, is a registered nurse (RN). There is a visiting doctor that comes in, an outside nurse that makes sure clients needs are being met, probably other providers as well, and me. I am a foot care nurse and go to Archstone every few months to provide foot assessments and cut toenails. If resident toenails are being cared for; I think the rest of the residents body and health is definitely under good care and observation.

Definitely a good place to be :-)

We are not only owned, but also operated by Registered Nurses! Our home is nestled on a beautifully private 22,500 square feet lot featuring manicured botanical gardens. The surrounding view is of the Olympic mountain range, visible from most of the common area of the home. The entire property is easily accessed, even by wheelchair, so that all residents may enjoy the garden areas. Terraced vegetable gardens are available for resident use. Due to the privacy of our home's location, the environment is VERY quiet, peaceful and enriching. It is a newer home, built in 1996 and is extravagantly appointed throughout with beautiful hardwoods, luxurious carpeting and large picture windows.

Our Vision is to not only meet, but also exceed the current standard of care for adult family homes in the State of Washington, thus becoming the provider of choice for anyone that may be in need of our services.