Absolute Love and Care Adult Family Home - Kent, WA

We have put down a deposit for the private room. Waiting on the nursing assessment to be completed to see if she qualifies.

Wonderful Home for Mom

My mom has lived at the Absolute Love and Care Adult Family home for about a month now. She is settling in pretty well, and any difficulties she may be experiencing with her transition are being addressed by Elvira and her staff. When I visit mom, she is usually happy and appears well cared for. I have found Elvira and staff to be genuinely caring and kind to the people in their care; they treat everyone with respect and act in the guest's best interest. Their home is spotless, and Elvira is very responsive to any questions or concerns I may have. We made a difficult decision to move mom and it has turned out to be a blessing. Thank you Elvira and team!!

Blessed

My dad moved in a year ago and we feel so blessed to have found this place. Elvira and her family have made my dad feel at home since day one and has made my life so much easier because he is so happy to be there. I can't recommend this place any higher.

Spotless

They are always very cordial. Everybody seems to be happy and the place is spotless.

Blessings all Around

Alvira and the rest of her family at this home are just fantastic. They are warm and welcoming to both the people that live there and those that visit. She knows their names how each is doing and she takes her time with each of them daily to see how they are.

She has been a blessing to my family and taken a great weight off of our minds knowing that our mother is being treated like a person not a dollar sign.

I would tell any one about this home if they needed a place for there loved one, if the had an opening.

Would Not Recommend

They are understaffed. They lie. There was [removed] against them. They put the residents in bed at 6pm and leave them til the morning. I never saw any interaction as to activities, they just put them in front of the TV.

wonderful!

My experience with Absolute Love and Care Adult Family Home has really been great. They have helped me quite a bit with the care of my aunt. Anything I ever ask for they are right on top of it. They have been wonderful!

My mom has been here for a year now.Being her caretaker for the last five years I was all about finding her a great place to live. I could not of found a more caring and loving home.Every time I visit my mom is happy.I go about 3 times a week,and go at different times of the day.Elvira keeps a very clean home.Love, love this Adult family home.

Very friendly and show genuine care for their residents. Definitely money driven; though food is touted as fresh, much of it is COSTCO type of food. The cuts of pork and chicken served are the cheapest, you never see a chicken breast or chunks of breast meat served. No beef that I have ever seen or heard about. Not many fresh vegetables and no fresh fruit!

Happy mom = Happy family

It took some time and a little bit of trickery to get our mother to move to a private home. But Absolute Love and Care Adult Family Home is not your ordinary private home care facility. It is more like Tender Loving Care.
The home is so clean and organized. The meals are home made and the residents have an input for their favorites.
The attentive and individual care they give there comes from a heart for the elderly and the residents are treated with the utmost honor and respect.
Our mother has not been this happy on a daily basis for years. It is so nice to see her smile and to be able to visit her where she looks good, and smells good too.

This facility is cheaper than some of the others in the area, and you get what you pay for. That said, it's definitely not bad, but not as good as some of the others that cost more. I would like to see more activities for the elderly family members to enjoy there.

A loving home for those in need of care

Our Mom was here for 18 months and we feel very blessed that we found this home for her. She received extremely professional and loving care through a very difficult time with Alzheimer's. Elvira, her staff and her family went above and beyond to care for Mom during the final stages of her disease. They were always aware of her needs and kept my sister and me up to date on how she was doing. They provided for all of her personal care needs, made sure she received her medication and ate as well as she was able to. They worked very well with hospice staff for 10 months and were very kind and respectful when Mom finally passed away in May 2014.

There was a fair amount of turnover in the staff that worked with Elvira and her husband during the time Mom was there but they all seemed very capable and were kind and good with her. And we were always comforted in knowing that Elvira and Eugene were available 24/7. We looked at a number of other adult family homes in the Kent area and Absolute Love and Care was the only one that seemed to be the right fit. In the end that feeling was verified completely and we highly recommend that other families facing this difficult time consider this home for care of their loved ones. It was also a very good value compared to other options.

A GREAT PLACE

I could hear the residents laughing when I walked up to the door -- this has happened even after mom started going. I was not given a specific time to come by to check them out -- I was told to drop by anytime -- a sign of a great place and it has been. Mom may not remember she goes, but she knows everyone and where she is, as soon as she walks through the door. I drive 30 minutes each way, two times a day (2 hours) when there are other places closer. My mother smiles when she goes there and that's what it's all about. Activities are tailored for residents -- not staff, and they do lots of things -- not always sitting watching TV; she can do that at home. Kind family, kind staff, small children and only six residents. Mom goes 2 days a week and also stays when I go on vacations.

My grandma loves this place so far, a...

My grandma loves this place so far, and the staff has been amazing with working with her finances.

Aiming for Care

Elvira is charming, caring, clean and an all around good person. She needs a little more experience or help in hiring and retaining people of her caliber. If she did that all the categories below would be rated 5 star.

I'm happy we brought my mom here

I think I'm happy with where she is, the place is kept clean, she's got 2 or 3 people there now I beleive, I don't knwo what she has planned of course but there's 3 people there now and my mom, she's got dementia so every day's a new day but they deal with her very well, they're able to get her to do things that I wasn't able to get her to do. Just general hygiene is 1000% better, she seems to like it there, she's got a nice room and they're very nice to her and the woman who runs it seems to have a good knowledge of what she needs and dementia care, they were able to help her get the right medication and we consolodated the vitamins she was taking, she was able to tell me about the problem and I like her a lot. Mom's doing as well as could be expected so i'm able to take her and laeve her there without having too many problems.

We are a newly remodeled Adult Family Home located in a quite neighborhood in Kent Washington. We are a licensed WA state Adult family home, and our staff meets the requirements to take care of elderly adults. Our amazing 24 hour care for your loved one, includes everything from help with daily living activities, laundry, nails , hair, delicious home made meals, fun activities, and good size private and double occupancy rooms. You will not be disappointed by your decision, we will take great care of your loved one.