Arbogast Residential Care Home - Pleasant Hill, CA

Amazing!

First of all it's a private res home and they have a maximum of 6 residents. The owner and the caretaker, Helen and Vicky, have excellent skills for caring for the elderly. They treat my mom with respect. They're kind, gentle, and patient with her. They just treat her like family and that's very important to us. Helen and Vicky just superior. They're great people. My mother has excelled in her 5 weeks there. She has put on 7 pounds. It's like she has a new lease on life.

Not Impressed/Very Impersonal

I was not impressed with them. Helen, the owner, seemed pleasant enough but she was older herself. I'm not sure how much of a caregiver she was but she seemed like she was one of the caregivers and I wondered how well she would be able to manage the residents because of her age. The thing that really turned me off was the person that she told me was the main caregiver never even got up from the dining room table to come meet us. It was very impersonal. There were two rooms available and one was right on pleasant hill road so it was very noisy.