Andover Place - Little Rock, AR

Andover Place is a nice place

We really like having mom at Andover Place. The food is great and the dining room atmosphere is very friendly. Mom has made friends that sit together at meals and chat. The sad thing in this type of facility is that friends come and go as there health declines. About the time mom gets a new friend another friend leaves. Turnover of friends is trying for her. The facility is getting older and lately there have been fire alarm issues. The maintenance group is working to correct the system. Overall we and mom are happy with the experience.

Very Nice Community

We toured at Andover Place while looking for a new home for my loved one. I thought that the community was very nice, and I liked that they seemed to have a lot of activities to keep the residents stimulated. However, this community was out of our budget.

Well-Rounded Meal Service, Helpful Staff

Andover Place has been a great experience for me so far. I think one of their most positive attributes is the well- rounded meal service they provide. I'm a bit of a picky eater and sometimes there are things I do not personally like, but they always have options available. The staff is very friendly and very helpful, they have a pretty full activity schedule, and there is a housekeeper that comes once a week. I have been very happy here, and I would absolutely recommend this community to others.

Perfect fit for mom

We chose this place for mom because they have a very friendly staff and they have home health on site and I like that fact. The price is reasonable also. She loves playing her bridge. Some of the food is good and some of it isn't. They do have 4 options to choose from. It's clean and they decorate for all the holidays. the courtyard has benches to sit on if she wanted to go outside. There is only 1 thing I don't agree with and that is Taco Tuesday they set up a buffet for the residents and it's for a younger crowd. My mom can't stand there for that long and lunch is from 12:30 to 1:30 and staff don't ask them about the food till 1:30 if she wanted a plate brought to her then it's almost gone. Should really get the plates for the ones who can't stand there

Warm caring staff. Lots of activities including tailgate w/snacks.

Not Overally Impressed

As soon as we starting touring the community it was clear that this was not going to be the place for my parents. Everything was dated it needed to be refurbished. The whole environment gave off more of a nursing home feel rather than a assisted living community. The rooms had no kitchens in them so my mom if she wanted to cook, would have to go a distance and use the community kitchen and that wasn't a convent option. The staff was pleasant and nice and the location would have been perfect

We had a good your!

I toured Andover place along with another community and they were both good tours. This community was clean in seemed to be maintained well. The tour guide that took me around was informative and friendly, it was a good experience but the facility was not what we were looking for.

Still adjusting..

My loved one is having a hard time adjusting to the community, she misses her home. As far as the place itself, it is very nice! The staff is all very friendly and welcoming. I stayed with her for 3 days when she first moved in and I liked it. The meals were great. They do as much as they can to make her comfortable.

A Place For Mom Helped Find A Good Provider

For the little time we were there they were fantastic and it was going well the whole time . My advisor figured out that they have a specialty with independent care assistance within the community. She called over and they called me and told me it was possible. It worked out perfectly for us.

The food is not what it used to be

My mother has lived here one year. They couldn't talk enough about the food when she first moved in. The menus looked awesome. After 6 months, the food changed. Constantly running out of the items on the menu, substituions were low quality. It is taking longer and longer to get served. The original chef was wonderful. When he left, things went downhill. It is a shame that such a fine facility can't fix the one area that needs serious improvement.

OutStanding!

This is a excellent community. The staff is outstanding and extremely helpful. The meals are wonderful and a nice assortment of meals to choose from. There are so many activities for her to do and to stay very busy that is really enjoys to do with others. Other families would really like there loved ones to be under the care of this wonderful community.

Better than surrounding communities.

Andover is independent living, and with first light care there it is like assisted living. They provide the assisted living at a reasonable price. They are better than surrounding communities. Andover Place is worth looking into. My sister is doing fine here. The food is excellent, I have tried it myself and it is really good. There are plenty of activities and the staff does a fine job with getting her involved.

great meals

Apparently the meals are fantastic, my mom talks about that all the time. The PR woman, I can't think of her name, was excellent and very helpful.

loves the social aspects.

We are really happy with Andover Place. My mom loves the social aspects of being around the other residents. Mom feels feels very at home and comfortable here. I am very please with how things are going.

Meal Time Takes Too Long

What they can improve on is the time limit that they serve their meals. They serve it like a 5-star, first the water, then all the juices and after that the menu and then after about an hour they bring the meal. To me that is way to long.

They are doing a good job. She is pleased.

They are doing a good job. She is pleased. They have good food, and they are very friendly. They have housekeeping and everyone does a pretty good job. I would rate them highly, it's exactly what we needed.

Wonderful place!

I would rate them 5+! Andover Place is wonderful, the staff are caring, attentive, and friendly. You really don't have to worry at all about your loved one, and they'll call you immediately if anything does happen! I would recommend them highly (and I already have to many of my friends!)

Welcome Home

My mother is absolutely loving her new place and her new life at Andover! The food is top notch, the people are wonderful and I am thrilled my mother is in a safe and caring environment now!!

not honest

The people at Andover Place are not honest when they're doing their sales. They tell you all these things that are provided, then you come to find out that you're having to depend on other residents in there, not the staff, to get some of it. They also add on all these little fees that they don't tell you about at the time of the sale. It's only after they get you to sign the contract that you realize all the additional fees. Also, they list themselves as "assisted living" but they really are not technically "assisted living".

I'm very pleased with Andover Place. ...

I'm very pleased with Andover Place. The food is good, the people are very helpful, I'm enjoying the activities and the friendships. Overall I'm very satisfied with Andover Place.

the place was nice but they...

the place was nice but they couldn't provide what we needed and felt like she wasn't listing to what we were saying. Then they called ten times in a 2 hour period and I wasn't here. When we said no she called my home to talk to my sister and wouldn't take no for an answer. The discounts they offered were good but they wanted an answer in 24 hours which isn't enough time to make a decision like that. It was like talking to a car sales person.

perfect

All of the staff is very friendly and helpful.

My Mom Loves It!!

My mom loves Andover Place. It is the perfect place for her at this time.
The studio apartment is the perfect size. The bathroom is spacious. The kitchen counter is big enough for a microwave, and coffee pot which is all she needs since she is served 3 delicious meals a day.
The location is convenient for everything type of location that she attends and the view from her patio is beautiful! It also a plus that She is only about 5 miles from my house!

I toured Andover. It is very nice bu...

I toured Andover. It is very nice but not what I am looking for. I am still too independent and they don't have room for microwave oven and refrigerator is under the cabinet. Not my style. I may have to go with another apt (flat thistime). People were great at Andover, etc.

Situated on beautiful grounds in a quiet corner of Little Rock, you’ll love the graceful elegance of our facilities, the warmth of our staff, and the convenience of living just minutes from all the things that make life great. We’re close to shopping, healthcare, dining and wonderful local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind