American House Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids, MI

Review of American House

I like living here. People are friendly and caring. The building is kept me and clean and so are the grounds. The staff is very helpful also. The meals leave a lot to be desired! Desserts are great!

Review of American House

So far, everything is great!!

Review of American House

The apartments are great. Staff is great – helpful. Meals are passable – just!

Review of American House

Many times in our lives we have to make decisions that we do not want to make, such as giving up our home that we have worked hard for and moving into senior living. However it is the best decision that my husband and I have made. The American House that we are living at has a very caring and helpful staff making us feel that we are important to them. The life enrichment classes and exercise programs are very helpful in keeping us mentally and physical fit. Medical team is their when needed and the meals are nutritious.

Review of American House

I love my apartment with self for decoration in the hall and a very nice balcony. The dining room and meals are good. Housekeeping is very satisfactory. The location is great and I make good use of transportation facilities.

Review of American House Senior Living Grand Rapids

It's a different way of life than we have lived in the past years. Hard to adjust to if you have lost your spouse also, and are moving in alone. Some seniors also feel their children are just dumping them in a home to get rid of them. However, once you make a few friends and show interest in joining (or at least trying) the many activities being offered, you realize this new life isn't so bad after all.

This is a 5+ star community

My Aunt so is very Happy here, this community is definity a 5+ star community, All the staff is wonderful, friendly and so accommodating. Her apt has a full kitchen which my Aunt loves because she can fix her own meals or she can go to the dining room. They have a great shuttle service she can use for shopping and doctor appointments. There are lots of activities for her to take part in and she's making friends. We are both so glad she is here at this community.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much for your 5-star review of our community! We're so glad to hear both you and your aunt are happy with American House Grand Rapids and we appreciate your feedback!

Didn't Act Soon Enough

This was a nice community. The staff was very friendly and helpful on our tour. It appeared clean and well kept. It seemed to be very compatible with other communities we looked at. The only thing was by the time we had made a decision to move mine in laws here they had already given away the apartment to another family.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to contact our team for other rental apartment options.

Positive Experience

I'am very pleased with my mothers move to this community. She is doing very well, and this is a community I would recommend it. It is a lovely community with great people. The office staff is always very friendly, and polite. The residents have been welcoming, and kind. The community looks great, and the house keeping is good. They provide wonderful meals for their residents, she is pleased with the food. This has been a positive move for her to this community, and I would recommend it to my friends.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you your 5-star reveiw of our community! We're so glad to hear both you and your mother are happy with American House Grand Rapids and we appreciate your feedback.

Gives Us Piece Of Mind

The community looks good anytime we are there it is always clean and neat. My mother in law is being taken care of she is always up and clean and dressed. She chooses not to go to any of the activities and they offer a far amount of things to keep busy here. The staff is kind and helpful and does their best to get the residents up and active. The food is good no complaints. The price was a good fit for our budget. I would recommend them.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review of our American House Grand Rapids community. We appreciate your feedback.

Fantastic Community

My aunt absolutely loves this community, and everything is working out very well. It has been a fantastic experience for us in this community. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. They have a great staff, and they are very kind, and welcoming. I couldn't be any more pleased with all they have done for us. I would highly recommend this community, it is a good place.

[Removed] and the staff are top shelf, they treat the visitors like family, the facility gives their residents dignity and a healthy living environment. Grandma will love her new home and new friends at American House. The programs for older adults are designed with care. 10 out of 10.

Disappointed Take Nothing for Granted

After having moved my mother in, I'm seriously disappointed. Two key features I needed for my mother's care are transportation to Dr.s, appointments and escalating medical attention as her daily confusion worsens. The number one item on the AH promotional sheet I was handed was "Scheduled Transportation". After visiting nearly ten other communities that provided transportation for Drs. visits, I didn't question it. But once my mother moved in and we tried to schedule transportation for the Dr. my mother was told, "We don't do that." Apparently their "Scheduled Transportation" is a weekly grocery shopping trip. I live in another state and am now struggling to figure out how to get my mother to her Drs. AH offers an on-site nursing staff. I was told their services were available for small additional fees. I contacted them about a once a week check to make sure my mother's weekly pills were up to date, she was taking them, refills, etc.. I was told, "Oh, we don't do that". Again, now looking for an outside agency to come in to do this. The staff are nice and very friendly. Food is excellent. A bright and sunny place. My mom's apartment is very large and very nice. Could not be happier with that. But I feel their literature re transportation is highly misleading and I'm feeling a bit duped. Strongly considering taking her somewhere else, in spite of the hassle. But if/when her condition worsens, I really don't have confidence that AH can rise to the situation. So basically I moved my mother into an apartment complex that isn't meeting her needs. Ultimately my fault I guess. Don't just take what you're being told at face value.

American House Senior Living Communities

We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to discuss this issue with us by calling our Corporate Office at [removed]. We look forward to addressing these concerns with you.

My Father Loves It Here

My father is doing great here at this community, he really loves it here. We very pleased with all they have done for us. They do a very good job with keeping the community looking great. His room is well maintained every time I visit. The staff is wonderful, they have been very friendly and helpful. He has really gotten involved in the community. There are great activities offered. The food is very good. I'am comfortable with the type of care they are providing him with. I would highly recommend this community.

In the middle of renovations

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. Based on what we saw on our tour we were disappointed with this community. The hallways were very narrow and dark, and we just didn't like the feel of it overall. However, I feel it is worth mentioning that the community was recently purchased by a new owner, and they were just getting started with some major renovations, and based on what we heard from the staff they're going to have some nice new facilities soon!

American House Senior Living Communities

We're excited to begin our remodeling, so I do hope you'll be able to stop by and take a tour with us again once the aesthetics of the building are updated! Our staff is very welcoming and looking forward to meeting new residents. Feel free to call me to set up a time to visit!

Friendly and accommodating staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone so far at American House Grand Rapids. It's a very nice looking, clean, well kept community, and the staff have been so friendly and so accommodating! We were in a bit of a time crunch when it came to moving, and even though her room was not ready yet they let our loved one move into their demo suite until they had her room ready!

American House Senior Living Communities

I hope your loved one is enjoying all we have to offer here!
Thank you for leaving your feedback – I love hearing that you’re
pleased with things here (and glad our staff could help with your time
restraints!). If you or your loved one need anything, my door is
always open.
Dee Keil, Executive Director

Not a good place for your loved one..

My loved one lives there and I am not happy with the staff or the care given. I think some of the people are not very honest and trust worthy... I am concerned about my parent living there, and will be moving him out very soon

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I assure you that we are fully invested in caring for seniors, and we want to make sure our residents’ loved ones are able to openly discuss any concerns they might have. In this instance, it sounds like you might have concerns with our care partner . If you could contact me directly, I'd be happy to talk with you and put you in touch with our care provider. Please feel free to call me, or stop by my office, at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Dee, Keil, Executive Director

I was pleasantly surprised on visitin...

I was pleasantly surprised on visiting the apartment but was really disappointed that on the move in date my sister-in-law and I had to clean out the cupboards in the kitchen as all the cleaning supplies were left there as if started but never completed. We left the oven and racks to be done by staff who were supposed to
return on Mon. They left the ladder, paper and etc. in the kitchen. Weren't expecting to clean cupboards. Also, the grout in the bathroom wasn't done so she couldn't use theshower until that was finished. Otherwise everything was good.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for leaving your feedback.! I’d like to talk to you personally about your situation. If you could, please call me personally or stop by my office when you have a moment.
Dee Keil, Executive Director

Offering the best of both worlds, the recently renovated American House Grand Rapids is neatly tucked away in a secluded, wooded area, only minutes from local shopping centers, malls, restaurants, and golf courses. Conveniently located near downtown Grand Rapids in West Michigan, American House Grand Rapids is a vibrant and active community providing the independence you want with the assistance you may need.