We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
I had visited Amber Lake twice before send my father to live there; the facility is very clean, the staff show all residents lots of attention. The management is usually on site or can be reached with one phone call; if you call they will answer. The Amber Lake facility is an older building but it is in good condition it is located off a busy road but is recessed so there is not much noise at all. My father and I are very happy that we chose Amber lake.
For Peace of mind and affordability
Amber Lake is an excellent care provider . The people who work there are very attentive to peoples needs and very clean , the food and diet offered is also above par . they care for the prescription needs also very well , and they give physical therapy to those who need it . They give showers and bath those who cant bath themselves , they even gave my mom a pedicure when she needed. as far as I have seen there is nothing anyone can complain about . I realize that leaving a loved one some place strange to you is not easy but the whole thing is a fact of life and that is the hardest thing to except , as far as a place to leave a loved one that is in a difficult economic state of affairs , this place Amber Lake is excellent for the money . I have to Highly recommend it.
A Homelike Environment which provides:
-24/7 watchful oversight
-assistance with medication
-Three nutritious Home-cooked meals
-Refreshments and snacks
-Arrangement for Transportation
-Holistic Wellness Activity Programs
-Assistance in securing Healthcare needs
-Laundry and Housekeeping Service
-Prive and Semi-Private rooms
Our dedicated and highly competent staff and support personnel strives to meed the special needs of every resident.
We strive to know their individual indifferences and maintain their quality of life by treating them as our own family.
Our goal is to provide the best possible service, meals and activities, to ensure a caring family environment.
We offer 24-hour care for adults with disabilities in a warm and comfortable group setting. Our programs provide social and limited health services engaging activities, healthy meals, and gentle exercises in a safe and caring environment.
Covering a total area of 21.50 square miles as part of the Orlando - Kissimmee - Sanford Metropolitan Area in Florida, and with its population of 69,369 inhabitants (estimated as of July 2016), the city has become known as a good place for seniors thanks to its hot, humid summers and mild to cool winters.
Kissimmee is home to a wide range of veteran's facilities, and even though a vehicle is required, public transportation is available only a short distance away from Amber Lake Assisted Living Facility (0.3 mi).
- Walkability score: Amber Lake Assisted Living Facility has a walkability score of 29, which means a vehicle or public transportation must be used when running errands.
- Average age: The average age of the population of Kissimmee is 33.5 years. The number of 60+ residents in the area is approximately 8,000, which translates to about 12% of the total population.
- Senior housing facilities: There are five different senior housing facilities in the Kissimmee area, most of which offer assisted living and some provide independent living facilities as well.
- Veteran's facilities in the area: Kissimmee is home to a wide range of veteran's facilities, information on which can be obtained at the local CBOC, located at 2285 North Central Avenue, or by phone at 407-518-5004.
A solid public transportation system coupled with taxi companies and rideshare services, as well as mobility-impaired options, ensure seniors have an easy time getting around whether they are headed for a leisurely afternoon ride or a medical appointment.
- Buses: Bus rides are controlled by Kissimmee's LYNX Public Transportation Authority, and while specific discounts for seniors are not available, 7 and 30 day passes can be purchased at a discounted rate.
- Trains: While no local train service has been established in Kissimmee, Amtrak serves the city's long-distance train travel needs, including daily runs to Disney.
- Taxis: Kissimmee is served by a good number of taxi companies, including Yellow Cab, Speed Taxi, and Willy's Taxi, which are some of the most popular in the area.
- Ride Shares: Uber and Lyft are some of the most popular rideshare services in the Kissimmee area, although RelayRides is one of the closest services to Amber Lake Assisted Living Facility.
- Mobility Impaired Transportation Service: ACCESS LYNX, a program supervised by the Public Transportation Authority, has been designed to provide complimentary service for those who are not able to make use of the regular bus routes due to disability and mobility impairment.
Health and Safety
A well-equipped hospital and a good amount of other medical facilities ensure residents at Amber Lake enjoy optimal healthcare services.
- Hospitals: Located only 4.5 miles away from Amber Lake Assisted Living Facility, the Florida Hospital has been serving the community for over 30 years. Additionally, a number of clinics and doctor's offices can be found in the area to service all medical needs.
- Crime rate: Because of its location and constant influx of tourists, the crime rate in Kissimmee is above the national median. It has a score of 6.51, meaning there is a 1 in 154 chance for an individual to become a victim of violent crime.
Sports and leisure
Whether an avid golfer or just in search of a gym that can keep you active, Kissimmee offers a good variety of choices for those looking to spend some time exercising and staying in shape.
- Golf courses: Avid golfers can enjoy one or more of Kissimmee's 16 golf courses, which include several Nicklaus, Watson and Palmer courses, such as the renowned Reunion Resort, together with the locally favored Remington Golf Club, and Celebration Golf Club.
- Tennis courts/clubs: Kissimmee boasts of at least 12 different public and private tennis courts and clubs, including Reef Club and Hankins Park Recreation Center.
- Gyms: A good number of senior-friendly gyms are available throughout Kissimmee, including LA Fitness, Planet Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness, all of which offer premium amenities and fitness classes.
Shopping and entertainment
There is never a boring moment in Kissimmee. With its large malls, wide range of restaurants, movie theaters, and myriad of attractions, seniors will always have a different place to visit while enjoying the company of friends or family.
- Clothes Shopping: Shopping for clothes has never been easier, thanks to the wide selection of clothing stores and boutiques at the Florida Mall and the Mall at Millenia, where at least 30 different shops can be enjoyed at a single location.
- Grocery stores: Publix, Winn-Dixie and other grocery stores serve the Kissimmee area, together with more regional options, such as Fresh Supermarket and Joe's Marketplace & Deli.
- Popular restaurants: Sweet Tomatoes, Denny's, Woodsby's Countryside CafÃ©, and Savion's Place are only some of the many locally favored restaurants offering a senior discount.
- Movie theaters: Regal Cinemas offers 16 movie theaters at the popular Regal The Loop Stadium 16. Senior discounts are available for all show times.
- Attractions: From food tours to skydiving, Kissimmee offers a wide range of attractions and things to do, making it one of the most sought-after places to live for seniors.
A place to worship God is always nearby in Kissimmee, at one of the many religious facilities available throughout the area.
- Religious facilities : A good selection of churches and temples is available for all beliefs and denominations in Kissimmee, some of which include special facilities and services for the disabled and elderly.
While Kissimmee is a well-known tourist destination, it also vibrates with a life of its own, which is why it has become a favorite of seniors who enjoy the good climate, the location, and everything there is to do in a city that has become a celebration of all that is good.