Aimee's House - Dula - Duncanville, TX

Could use a bit of updating

I toured this facility and wasn’t very impressed with it. The building is in a little bit of disrepair and the bathrooms looked too small and nonfunctional. The residents that were already living there seemed to be further along in their dementia than my Mom and I didn’t think she would do well with that. The owner seemed nice and everything looked very tidy and clean. While it didn’t my Mom’s specific needs, it might fit the needs of others.

Mom was happy here

I had to put my mother here in 2013-2014 and I was so impressed at how well they cared for her and the others there. This community is very small only 6 were there and this is really a place for people who need extreme care. And some had dementia and they were so patient with them. Most people were wheelchair bound so not may activities to do. It was well managed. Always clean and kept up. I would recommend this community.

[Removed] welcomed me, showed me around the house and spent an hour answering my questions and sharing with me her philosophy of elder care. I discovered a long-time friend of my mom's who has lived there for over a year and is obviously happy and well-cared for. My mom is living independently for now but when the time comes that she can't, she will definitely be coming here. the home was inviting, clean and odor-free, with no institutional feel at all. I was very favorably impressed. I am only giving a 4 star rating because everything I know now is strictly from appearance and perception, since my loved one has not lived there yet.

It's awesome to have total and complete peace

It's awesome to have total and complete peace about where she is. She is always happy, clean, and content. They have home cooked meals, and round the clock care. And one caregiver for five patients, which is unheard of. It was even less expensive than other places we looked at. They came and visited with us, to make sure that we would be a good fit. They wanted to make sure this would work for everyone, not just to fill the spot with anybody. When I first saw this, it was hands down a winner there was such a peaceful spirit when I walked in. It was very apparent to me, that they really cared about the residents, when I came the first time, they were cleaning out the room, and the caregiver was crying because she was so sad and was going to miss the time with the previous resident.

After experience with 5 facilities, we have found a home for Mom.

Aimee's House is like home. The workers are caring, personal with each resident, careful with detail, and serve good food. Having only 6 residents allows for the detailed care my Mom requires to be safe from falls. Family members are welcome. we've been at Aimee's House for over two months and our opinion of the home continues to earn the high rating it deserves. We waited for several months for an opening. It was worth the wait. I do wish they had more space where Mom could walk longer distances. But the other positives far out weight that concern. Mom refused to eat at her other location, but she is eating well at Aimee's House. We are so grateful.

This is the place we have been intere...

This is the place we have been interested in since last spring. After our visit today, we want to make arrangements to move here. Nice facilities, family atmosphere, individual care.

No matter how beautiful the large assisted living facilities are, they still feel like a nursing home. Aimee's House offers personal care services with a "bed and breakfast feel".

At Aimee's House your loved one is treated like a person and not a number as what happens in many larger facilites. We are licensed for 8 residents which gives a low caregiver to resident ratio of one caregiver to six (6) residents unlike large facilities with one caregiver to 12 residents.

Our prices are all inclusive, meaning we don't charge an extra fee for each service provided, yet we are competitive with other homes prices.

We own Heritage HomeCare, a Medicare Certified Home Health Agency with skilled nurses, and therapists that come to our home when needed, or you can have another agency of your choice. VNA Hospice can provide care for end-life residents.