Adult Care By Sandy II - Lorain, OH

History of ownership questionable

Care of my mother was questionable but nothing I could put my foot on directly. I pulled her out and she is doing great since then.
I got concerned by the hints of impropriety in some of the other reviews and did a little searching. The original house on Orchard is still owned by Sandra Riley, but the new one on Timberview is owned by a Limited Liabily Corp (??shell company??) called the "M49 Capital" listed as doing any kind of legal business in Ohio. Whereas the first Adult Care by Sandy (incorporated 11/2000) has nothing listed under purpose for business. M49 was incorporated 5/09. Makes me suspicious there was some type of major problem that would cause a new corporation to be created with her name no where to be seen on any of the available filings?? What happened??
Also her LPN nursing license is active and without issues I believe. There is a Sandra Riley in Springfield, OH, whose license is expired and a Sandra Lee Riley In Lorain who has IV and medication certificates and has an active License. But on the incorporation papers for Adult Care by Sandy she lists her name as Sandra Kepp Riley maiden vs married name?? So some ? About background of the main caregiver, but nothing anyone seems to be able to find. Time will tell.

THE LIES KEEP PILING UP!! YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!!

First off everyone needs to know THIS IS NOT AN ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY!!! This place is licensed ONLY for Supportive living, and the difference being this facility is NOT regularly inspected. It is only inspected when they apply for the 2 yr license and it is announced!! Also the state does not survey residents about care.
The first visit I had with my mother at Sandy's I cried and one of the staff laughed at me saying, "why are you crying." My mom said "I am the sensitive one, very caring and empathetic." It wasn't until the second visit that I became very concerned, I was asking a staff member about Sandy's past, and I was searching the night before on the internet trying to feel more comfortable with my mothers life in her hands. Well I turned around and Sandy is behind me with a snarled face saying, "I don't like you digging into my past, you don't need to see the state papers, I'm a member of St. Peters and I know your father, your just trying to move her out of here and I don't like it." And then the most troubling of things to say to anyone she snapped at me and said, "You better go sit with your mom, she's gonna go fast." Neither Sandy, nor the one staff member (ya, only 2 staff but she claims there's 3) have any compassion or care. I went there 6 or 7 times over the coarse of 3 months and was told at the door, "shes sleeping" all the times were different. There was a medication for my mom who had Alzheimer's that when she would start seeing things or get out of control (which she didn't do, if she was comfortable and in a calm environment) would sedate her and she would sleep for a day. My father visited my mom every other day and he said 3/4th of those times she didn't even know he was there and she didn't speak. Her progression with Alzheimer's was slow and it had only been 2 1/2 to 3 yrs, I just don't see how in 3 months she could go from knowing my name and being coherent to dead. The fact that she was always sleeping scares me to think they kept her doped up! Also in 4 months time my mother lost roughly 40 lbs, their was nothing but skin and bones in her casket! My mother was not sick or ill she was quite healthy, she should not be dead!
The fact that Sandy lies and advertises as an Assisted Living Facility, has anything she told my family about her death discredited. And she charges ALF prices, my dad paid out of pocket $3500 a month!!!!! There was obvious [removed] here, which troubles me to no end to think about. If you love the person who needs care, DO NOT SEND THEM HERE!!!
Also this place is called "Adult Care by Sandy II" , she had another house but it was shut down reasons unknown at this time, but I will find out!

THE BEST

First off, I read the reviews and gave sandy a call. She was so nice and up front with everything! 1 week later , moved my dad in there. He is doing so good, we even took him on a boat trip, of course under supervision. Love it , love it , LOVE IT!

MY EXPERIENCE

My children's Grandmother has been in Sandy's care for over two years. She calls Sandy her "Angel". Sandy and Doris are both wonderful to her. She was under hospice care when she arrived at Sandy's. She was very weak and loosing weight. Hospice approved and monitored her care with many visits to the residence. She is now off of Hospice. She has gained weight and is doing fine. Sandy treats her residents like family, she even sleeps next to their bed or stays up with them if they are having a bad night. I am very happy with Sandy's care.

Adult care by Sandy was excellent

My loved one lived at Sandy's about 2 years. She was treated very well. The meals were home cooked and she was treated like a family member. I could visit at any time my only regret is that I didn't move my loved one to Adult care by Sandy sooner. I have no reservations about the quality of care a person receives at Sandy's. I can attest to the fact Sandy treats all her residents as if they were her own mother or father. Thanks Sandy for all the good care you have provided over the years!

Wonderful home

My loved one lived at Adult care by Sandy over 2 years. I felt that everyone there treated my family member as there own. She had delicious home cooked meals, exercise and always someone trying to engage her in conversation or activities. My only regret is that I didn't learn about this home sooner so that my loved one could have be nefited from the loving environment that Sandy and her excellent staff provide!

I give adult care by Sandy 5 stars. My grandma has been there for two years. The staff is very friendly 24 hour watch. The food is really good. My grandma loves it there. You can visit anytime you want. It feels like a family there. It's very clean and quiet. I think it's an awesome place for your older loved ones.

adult care by Sandy ll /Oakhill Blvd.Lorain, Ohio

It's actually Adultcarebysandyll on Oakhill Blvd off cooper foster in lorain very unprofessional wished I never spent money to let my dad stay there I thank God I found a better place to take my dad dirty no nutrition my dad was always wet she never had papers for the state to have on file she said the residences live on the first floor and her family lived upstairs but my dad said kids were arguing and running around and
I saw one of the residence getting yelled at by Sandy's son just cause she wanted to go to her room and get changed out of wet depends She didn't have the help that my father needed I am so glad I got him out of there

adult care by Sandy ll /Oakhill Blvd.Lorain, Ohio

Firs t impression everything Sandy said sounded good till I moved my Dad in the worst thing I could ever do .He did not get the attention he deserved 24 hour care Sandy did not have the aides I thought were suppose to be there to take care of my Dad I'm so glad I got him out of there He wasn't getting the nourishment he needed and his bottom was always sore cause he wasn't getting changed or cleaned up enough The Homecare Nurse from the hospital always found him soaked and wet bed she always had to take care of it . I found my Dad laying on a mattress on the floor I guess she wasn't expecting me she said he just slid off the bed so she left him there instead of getting help to get him back up She said he would be up everyday to eat and out of bed everyday never happened he would leave his food on his chest and expect him to eat that way I feel sorry u the 3 woman she had in her care when I took my Dad out of there the place has no fire exits were always cluttered and my dad said kids he could hear fighting running around the house dirty it's actually Adultcarebysandyll on Oakhill Blvd.in Lorain, Ohio off Cooper foster Rd. The one on Timber view i closed down Would not recommend anyone else I could keep on going