They Only Care About the Money

In the beginning everyone was very nice & helpful & whatever our family member wanted - no problem. My great concern, however, was that many of the staff barely spoke English and had little or no training in care-giving. They were trained "on-the-job." I wondered if they even had their visitor visas (aka "green cards").
I had advised the owners that after so many months he would need to go from cash pay to Medicaid. They assured us - no problem. But when it came right down to it, knowing they could not ask him to leave, they did everything in their power to make him want to move out. They even said it was because of the money. They needed someone who would pay more for the room. They threatened to have a 2nd person move into the room with him, but we knew it was impossible because they already had the state limit of 5 residents.
When we moved him out and collected his medications, we found some in his room that should have been locked up with the others and they gave us a nearly-expired medication that did not even belong to him. Then they accused me of taking some of they mattress pads - which I did not! Get real!
It's a real shame that what we thought was going to work out so well, turned so sour.