A First Name Basis - Baton Rouge - Baton Rouge, LA

A First Name Basis - Baton Rouge - Baton Rouge, LA has yet not published prices.

Would not Recommend

I am writing this review based on FIRST hand knowledge of A First Name Basis-In Home Care. I spent 2 hours with the director of sales and marketing going over every detail of what our expectations were for my mom, who has late stage dementia. I was very specific of her needs and expected someone with experience in this area to stay with her.
The girl they sent was one and a half hours late and let me know she had only been working in the caregiver field 3 months. I called the 24 hour service to ask where she was and they weren’t sure. How can you not know when an employee doesn’t show up? This is the very worst part that literally makes me sick. She went to sleep in a chair and my husband and I found my mother face down in a flower bed in her front yard. I went in the house and had to wake the girl up. Needless to say I sent her home. She text me apologizing for her NEGLECT! I have pictures to prove all of this.
I would not recommend this company to anyone. Side note-The CEO did call me to apologize.

This really hasn't been a great experience, and I can't count on them.

I'm having a little bit of a problem, I have a regular caregiver, she does okay, except that she is always late. They aren't very reliable, and the people that come to fill in are always a little bit late. When I have a replacement, it's always someone different. The people don't seem to be trained at all. When I first chose them the woman who came out was very professional, but that was the end of it. They didn't work with my insurance the way that I had hoped. This really hasn't been a great experience, and I can't count on them.

We have hired A First Name Basis to start on May 5.

Very caring and well managed

I like that they are punctual, on time, very caring, considerate. The administration keeps up with their workers; they check on them, come to the house, make sure they are following their procedures.

They go in and sit down, talk to her. They prepare meals, feed her, keep her room clean.

I'm well pleased.

Something we needed

It was a little bit pricey, but we needed it. Please be aware of all the rules and regulations – ask a lot of questions. I was impressed with the management. She went above and beyond. Sometimes having the replacement was a little inconvenient.