very positive experience

A Family Affair was a very positive experience. The staff members were wonderful. The aid was especially affectionate to my mom. I chose this facility because it was nice, clean, and spacious. I only wish my mom would not have been bedridden so she could enjoy it. It was a really good experience at this facility.

Thank you Family Affair!

When we visited A Family Affair the first time, we knew we had found the perfect place for Mom. It has that small family atmosphere and Mom would have felt lost and more confused in a larger facility.
The staff were very attentive to Mom's needs and our requests. They were excellent about communicating any concerns or changes, so I never felt out of the loop concerning her care. They helped make connections with medical staff to ensure Mom's care was the best.
I felt welcome anytime I visited, which varied with time and day because of my irregular schedule. I never saw anything but a healthy, relaxing atmosphere in the facility and the attitude of the staff members.
My mom passed away at A Family Affair. The staff alerted us to her worsening condition so that we could be there with her. The professionalism of the staff at that time made Mom's last hours peaceful and helped and comforted us on that difficult day.
I would highly recommend this facility to others who are looking for a more personal touch to residential care for their loved one.

A wonderful place for mom!

A Family Affair was an ideal setting for my 90 year old mom with dimentia. Since their are only 6 beds, my mom had lots of individual attention from a very loving and caring staff. She didn't feel overwhelmed as she would have been in a larger nursing home facility.
The residents were always encouraged to get dressed and come out of their rooms for socialization. The home has a beautiful backyard view with birdfeeders and a deck where the residents could go out and sit on nice days, or look out at from the family/sitting room.
Meals were shared together at a regular dining room table, not a large dining hall. The meals were simple yet wholesome.
Home nursing care was just a call away and available 24/7.
When the time came for hospice care, my mom was able to stay right there for all services and family members were able to be with my mom at the end.

Review of A Family Affair Lapeer Inc Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Lapeer, MI

6 rms 1 opening in a shared room with 94 yr old very quiet lady who reads in common areas all day then asks to go to her room & read more til she falls asleep. TV IN ROOM MUST GO OFF AT 9pm. NOT A GOOD FIT

An Okay Community

Be sure and ask all the questions you can think of so that you understand that the staff is there, but they’re sleeping and all kinds of things. Bingo is the only activity that I know of – it’s okay. The food is okay. The laundry is also fine.

We are very pleased with A Family Aff...

We are very pleased with A Family Affair. Our Mother has also expressed her satisfaction which is speaks to the good care she is getting.. The transition into the new surroundings has been excellent.

Everyone wants to take care of their aging parents and loved ones. Although many times. as a loved one ages we are no longer able to provide the kind of care and attention that they need. For most people the burden of taking care of an aging loved one combined with the burden of meeting the demands of their own job and family can be overwhelming. At some point we admit that we need professional help for our loved one's. However, no one wants to stick their aging family members in a nursing home where they will become just one of many seniors to care for. Fortunately, A Family Affair Lapeer Inc., is there to help. A Family Affair Lapeer Inc., is an assisted living community in Lapeer, Michigan. We are a Christian care facility that is state licensed with an experienced and loving staff. We have been providing quality senior assisted living care since 1990. We are dedicated to treating all of our guests with the utmost of respect. Our residents live in a small private home where our dedicated staff can give each of them all of the necessary care that they deserve. We take pride in providing a safe, family-like, Christian home environment. We provide every resident with 3 healthy home cooked meals a day. Our meal plans are flexible and can accommodate any special dietary needs of our residents. In addition to regular meals, snacks are always available. Our staff is also trained to take care of our residents other daily health care needs such as dispensing medication and assisting residence with bathing and other daily chores. Family Affair Lapeer Inc., takes care of all of our residents assisted care needs. Our residents are given private rooms with cable TV for entertainment and the house has central air conditioning to ensure are resident's comfort. Contact us to arrange a tour of our facilities.