Windchime of Marin - Kentfield, CA

Clean Community!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since he made the move into this community. The staff have been very helpful and I am comfortable with the care they have provided him. He has had no problems with the meals and enjoys participating in activities with the other residents from time to time. It is a clean property and I would defiantly recommend it to anyone interested.

Not the right one...

The Windchime of Marin was not what we were looking for. My husband was actually the one who toured it but we decided on another community. We wanted something in another location closer to our home and fit my loved one's needs.

Outstanding

This is the Ritz Carlton for our dad

Angels

Made a very stressful transition easy

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place overall, and definitely somewhere I would consider for my loved one! The staff seemed friendly, and the facility itself was well kept and clean.

Morale Crisis

If you're considering this facility, the first thing you need to ask is how many employees have been working here for at least one year (answer: not many). Thanks to a dysfunctional management team, turnover here is very high. A few months ago, most of the caregivers walked out en masse. When Carol H. wrote her review, management panicked and pressured the staff to write bogus reviews to counter hers. (You can find them under reviews not recommended by Yelp.)

Until management stops humiliating the staff, complaining about the owners and having intimate relationships with subordinates, the high turnover here is sure to continue.

Let me count the way that Windchimes disappointed us.

Let me count the way that Windchimes disappointed us.

Well I guess I won't but all I can say is please look beyond the lobby and the pr person as it is not what it seems. We were led to believe the residents are treated to a lovely experience including dining in the lovely dining room but on closer inspection and daily visits these dining experiences are few and far between.

On the whole the caregivers, the ones on the ground floor doing the work, are quite kind and hardworking. However the management from the top down, are really rather unresponsive and callous. If I could only list all the problems we encountered, it would be quite hard to believe. I was shocked at the state I found my loved one and had to be so proactive for him that I ended up calling 911. I just cannot believe that this place, once a wonderful almost five star facility under previous management, has progressed to where it is now.

I would look elsewhere when placing a dementia loved one. Perhaps if the loved one is highly functioning it wouldn't be quite as bad but someone needing that extra attention? This is not the place.

Over all they do a pretty good job.

They do a pretty good job keeping it clean, I think they could do a little better on the rooms themselves. Sometimes it can be tough getting answers. They have had a complete change of staff over the last couple of months, they have all new management. I would like to see the laundry situation improved, there are some mix ups with the laundry.

WindChime is Marin County’s specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care facility, nestled in a wooded residential area of Kentfield near the College of Marin. Our community features an award-winning dining program, landscaped gardens, a dynamic resident-centered activity program, two residential floors (based upon stage of dementia and current cognitive ability) and a wonderful, supportive staff specifically trained in all aspects of dementia care. All of our programming, activities and dining menus are a reflection of our current residents and their preferences, as our focus is individualized care in a community setting.