Sunrise of San Rafael - San Rafael, CA

Nice property, very clean

Had Been My First Choice

I really liked this community it was one of the better choices for my mom. The community was nice and clean and the staff was friendly and very nice. She would have gotten good care here.

This is a smaller facility with limited access to outside. Friendly staff, nice rooms. Limited meal times.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints of how things went on my tour at this community for my wife. The staff where on time to our appointment and provided with lots of great information as well as answer any questions that we had for them. Overall it was a nice experience and I would recommend them to anyone.

Clean, friendly, seem organized. Reviewing differences when compared to Atria (Dad's current residence). 46 residents. Memory care.

Not my favorite!

I also toured Sunrise of San Rafael. I would not say my tour was 5 stars, there were certain things about this facility that made it not work out for my loved one. The person that took me around was welcoming and informative, it was just not the best choice for us.

Not an option!

When I toured the Sunrise of San Rafael, it was very depressing to me. I would never consider it the place was horrible. It had long dark hallways and was not what we were looking for.

They don't have enough staff to attend to the needs of the residents.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

A new ownership upended the operations for a period of time

I have a mixed review. The positive is the room that my mother occupied which was nicely sized, beautiful view with windows that opened and allowed the fresh air in. There were some notable nursing staff who were responsive and attentive. Mom was there three weeks and I had to ask for her laundry to be done three times in two weeks, I took it home once. One one occasion they cleaned and changed her but her bed sheets were dirty which I noted the day before. I was told by one male attendant that the person that does the laundry was on vacation and he would have to find someone to do the laundry. The business office staff is inadequately trained, were not helpful, and I am still waiting for a callback on the refund that is owed.