Willow Park - Evansville, IN

A Nice Place to be

This is a nice community, and I'am doing alright since my move here. Everything is working out well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for me. I like this community. Everyone has been very welcoming, and kind to me. Everything is very well maintained. I don't make much of a mess myself, but they do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. The staff is very kind, and helpful when needed. I don't see no reason why I wouldn't recommend this community, it is a nice place to be.

Best thing we ever did for dad.

This is an excellent community. It has been so good for my dad. He is eating well, going out on the bus frequently and has made a lot of friends. He is so much happier and our entire family can't believe that we didn't look into this place sooner. There is new management at Willow Park and the company is always making improvements. We would recommend Willow Park to anyone who has a family member or friend looking for an enjoyable retirement.

My tour!

The staff I met during my tour were nice. The community seemed clean. I did not feel that this community had the tools needed to care for mom. This community is more for independent living.

Great community!

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Dad is transitioning well at Willow Park. He has gotten to meet some new people. The food is good but the serving staff takes a long time to get the meals to the residents. They seem to be short staffed with servers. They have a variety of activities but only after lunch. After supper, it becomes a ghost town and there is nothing for the residents to participate in.

Food Variety

Can only go by what my Mother-in-law says but the food is a bit lacking in taste and variety. She said she had never eaten so much pasta in her life! Since she has only been there since May maybe the residents requested it!?

I would give them a 7 out of 5

Willow Park is great. We love it. They have been fabulous for my dad. We have been impressed with the security, and the freedom. The management, and Caring Group, who are available at a very reasonable fee. The grounds are beautiful, and the food is wonderful. I would give them a 7 out of 5

Very nice place!

I was very impressed with Willow Park! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and everyone in the whole place just seemed friendly and happy! Both the residents and the staff! When we were taking our tour whenever we would stop for a few minutes we'd have people coming up to say hello! We're very satisfied with our decision.

Unbelievably Happy

We are unbelievably happy with Willow Park. My sister has a studio apartment that does not appear to be one room, They clean once a week and change the bedding, linen and towels. Willow Park is very nice and accommodating they take her to doctor appointments and shopping. The people are so nice, even the residents. My sister has friends now to go shopping and do activities with. They allowed me to stay over when i visited my sister. I would highly recommend Willow Park.

Great Environment.

My mom is very hard of hearing so I am probably unduly critical of some items. The staff and facility is superb. It is independent living so there is an element of self sufficiency that Mom prefers. However, I wish the staff would make more attempts to get her engaged--she has difficulty in the dining room hearing and entering into/hearing conversation, so if there were smaller settings where she could meet people, it would be good. That may come. She is hesitant to go to meals now because of the lack of being able to converse easily.
However, the managers on site are very helpful and friendly and we appreciate the environment. They are open to suggestions, and I will probably contact them with some.

Seemed like they just wanted money

I guess my concern was, when my mother couldn't come back, my feeling that I got from Willow Park was that they hoped she could come back because they wanted her money, not that they cared about her. After she died, they sent me a bill and I thought that was tacky, I think I got it before we even buried her in the ground.
When we fist moved her in, they seemed to be very nice and it's not like they were hateful at all. They had senior helpers in there and those people aren't worth a flip. I think they need to keep an eye on those people more. There were activities that she could do, but mom didn't go downstairs to eat and they were complaining that they needed to bring food up to her, but it was like, what are you going to do? Let her starve?
There were things that bothered me, but we didn't have a lot of options, proabbly for someone that is truly independent it would be good. It's a nice place and I just think they're money grubbers, it was clean and the independent people looked like they were happy there.

It's a good place

The cleanliness is fine, it's more of the food. Her and some of the ladies there are just sick of chicken and they just say they get an awful lot of it. They try to do different things to it, but they're just not happy about the food. My mother says they've mentioned it to the help but I don't know, knowing my mother she probably did say something. I'm sure they're working on a budget and they've made improvements to the apartments and painted the halways; I appreciate the fact that they keep it up and it's nice, and it doesn't have the smell that some places do. I wish they would ggive the chef more money or get some more options, like turkey or pork. I do like the fact that my mother goes down to eat with other people, she's gone down to karaoke once I think, they seem to have a good variety of activities, I keep trying to get mother more involved. My mother is over 80 years old, so she's not going to do anything she doesn't want to and has a 1,000 excuses to not do something.
When we went into this place she just really liked the set up, they had 3 different options for her to chose some, they've listened to their grievances and they've worked them out.

I was very impressed with Willow Park...

I was very impressed with Willow Park and with The Director. My mother requires more care than first expected and Willow Park unfortunately will not meet her needs.

My mom has visited someone here, so s...

My mom has visited someone here, so she is familiar with the facility. This would be the the choice that I favor. I would like to get to the point where we could take advantage of the veteran assistance program to help with the monthly expense.

With lovely grounds and cozy facilities, you’ll love the quiet elegance of your new home while appreciating the convenience of being in the heart of it all. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and wonderful regional attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind