Evansville Protestant Home Inc - Evansville, IN

Evansville Protestant Home Inc - Evansville, IN has yet not published prices.

When comparing...,.

I believe every patient is different and so are their experiences. My grandparents have been there for years and we are very impressed. Every nursing home and hospital have challenges but when you compare EPH to other facilities they are outstanding. They take my grandparents on outings, there's always something for them to do, the food is excellent and they always have alternatives if you don't like what's on the menu. They have snacks sitting out all day. Our family has had a positive experience.

Not like it used to be!!!

This facility has gone down hill significantly in the last 4-5 years. Early on the meals were very very good. Now the quality and preparation of the food is practically inedible. The food is sometimes served COLD!!! Last week the size of the fish fillet was not enough for a 4 year old's meal! My relative is paying for this horrible service! If I could convince him/her to move I would but he/she doesn't want the hassle of moving . At one time I thought I had also found a very good place to spend my declining years...no longer!! The facility itself is older but pretty well maintained unless you want hot water. It took over 3 months for it to become a reliable source for a shower. Hot water isn't rocket science. Either someone is incompetent OR EPH did not want to spend the money. I am not sure which. There has been a definite reduction in quality of their nursing department too. I will no longer consider EPH a place for my assisted living. Candidly, things have declined once the cook of 34 years retired and the nutritionist left. The current cook yells and screams at everyone. I think others would try to do the right thing with the food but are afraid of her wrath. The Beth the head of nursing also left! Be fore warned. Things are not good at EPH and neither the admin nor the board of directors seems to care or response to the residents complaints.

Bad experience

The environment was okay, the care was okay, although I would go in there and all the lights would be off and my mother would be laying in bed. She was supposed to be getting rehab and sitting up. They also dehydrated her so bad, one of the nurses even told me that. She lost 91 pounds because they gave her too much lasix. I have no nursing skills and you're telling me that someone couldn't see that she was withering away? They tried to give her more water but the damage was already done. I wouldn't have put her in the protestant home anyways, we just didn't have a choice. I went in there on a Wednesday for a care meeting and they told me there was no way she was ready to leave yet because she hadn't met the rehab requirements. She couldn't stay there permanently because you have to have $25,000 in savings which to me is just greedy. Theresa said she was going to be helping me with medicaid and then she just said they wouldn't; so we had to go back to the hospital and get hospice.