Vintage Woods Senior Apartments - Fair Oaks, CA

Ship adrift without a crew.

The management and maintenance has gone from bad to worse. Now we do not have an on-site manager or any maintenance people. The overall cleanleness and appearance of the complex is lousy. You would think that someone in corporate management would take note and at least attempt to bring the management and appearance up to the standards that were present five years ago.

Undesirable complex

The management of the complex continues to go downhill. Cleanliness of the entire complex is less than desirable, trash overflowing in the trash enclosures, shopping carts left on sidewalks and in flower beds. A few units porches look like storage areas for thrift stores, vehicle gates stand open for days at a time, thus defeating the gated community aspect. The complex is starting to be overun with dogs, feces in flower beds and grass areas. Residents sitting on the curb at the entrance smoking, encluding two of the three office management staff.
Quite a few residents have voiced their desire to find other living arrangements, but are unable to financially,
Bottom line, Vintage Woods could be an outstanding complex with professional management, and equal,enforcement of the rules and regulations.

Not recommended

Living here was a nightmare. .For 2 month the front and back gate broken. Staff is rude.High turnover.landscaping poor dry, dead trees.it took several month before my bedroom windows wear replaced .rain was coming in .Mold in the apartment.old worn out carpets. My boots, 2 bags of groceries ,and plants were [Removed].Also my handicapped sign was [Removed] out of my car.moving out.

Scathing review

The facility overall is visually appealing , but the overall up-keep of the grounds is lacking. When I moved in there were numerous flowers and greenery in the flower beds, slowly over the past few years the flowers have been taken out and the greenery is slowly being removed, with nothing being replaced.
The garbage encloseures are filthy, there are shoping carts left all over the complex.
If the maintenance staff would make daily walks of the entire complex with their eyes open they could see these and other problems.
The office staff are rude, very short in response to questions and inquires. There are three employees in the office and two maintenance men, who all work the same hours and days, plus they all take thier lunch break at the same time. So, there is no coverage on weekends and holidays and during their lunch breaks weekdays.
The management seems to encourage a policy of snitches amongest a chosen few of residents, and god forebid if your not one of the chosen few.

I have lived here at Vintage Woods through five managers now and it seems that it is getting worse, lots of promises but no improvement.

Vintage Woods Sentior apts

Beautiful. We live on the second level near the trees. Hoping there will never be a fire. The coffee group in the club house needs to practice the manners on Not treating People badly. [Removed] innocent people of things they had no had in about stuff. Without facts can cause serious problems for innocent people. [Removed] need to move somewhere else. This place is not accepting them very well. This is my complaint about them.

Great community. Residents and management are wonderful.

OVER HALF OF THE RESIDENTS ARE NOT GOOD NEIGHBORS

Vintage Woods is beautiful the grounds are well kept, maintenance is O.K. It is the residents that makes it unpleasant.
They have a committee that they take much to seriously... I was told by a person of that committee that the pot luck is for St. Patties day and it is for the Irish only!!!!

Another resident saw my son moving me in and told him "this is not a public walk way"

I was told "I do not belong here"
what bothers me the most around here the most is, they go around looking to see who is breaking the "rules" for example, apparently you can have only TWO guests in your home at a time.. I have 5 grand children and when they along with their parents come and visit me they walk past my door and see if they can hear anything, they count how many people are in my home then they go to the management office and complain if the management does not do anything they then go to corporate.. then I get a letter about guests.. The management staff says " my grand children are disruptive" and you can't have more than two guests at a time and they enforce that. I adhered to that last month but this month I will not..
I was asked not too cook in my oven because the smoke alarm goes off? I was asked not to burn incense because the neighbors could smell it and they don't like it.. the complaints are legit just not reasonable... My dark barks when you walk past my door and yes they complain about that.. I stay to my self on purpose, "I feel like the seek me out" if this behavior continues I will COMPLAIN TO THE FAIR HOUSING AND EEOC...

Would not recommend this place

This facility looks very nice, but it is very unsafe there have been many cars broke into, one apartment was burglarized and just this week two residents were beaten and had a gun pulled on them. Managements recommendations stay indoors and keep your doors and windows locked and be careful when going outdoors, nothing like we will make sure this never happens again, your safety is out top priority, we will have a 24 hour guard and cameras installed, we know they have the money for it for as much as they charge these poor seniors that only live off their social security. Management does not car about their tenants at all.

Loved this place. Need downstairs apa...

Loved this place. Need downstairs apartment

In Fair Oaks. Nice and reasonable too.

In Fair Oaks. Nice and reasonable too.

I like this facility for the convenie...

I like this facility for the convenience to the shopping and location.

Vintage Woods Senior Apartments is a gated active living community for those 55 and better. We offer the best combination of style and convenience for seniors. Our well-designed one and two bedroom floor plans feature functional kitchen complete with refrigerators, dishwashers, full-size gas ranges and washer and dryer hookups. Designer vertical blinds and wall to wall carpeting also add to the beauty of Vintage Woods. Your apartment home also features a private patio or balcony. We offer a variety of daily activities and events for you and your neighbors. Our completely furnished clubhouse with large kitchen is the center for game nights, potlucks and social hour. The community also hosts outside activities such as travel trips and shopping excursions. Residents can relax in the sparkling heated pool and spa, or browse thought one of our many charming walkways through carefully preserved mature oak trees. Enjoy quiet living with all the extras at Vintage Woods.