Tranquil Place - Livonia, MI

Doing a great job!

Things have gone very well so far with Tranquil Place! I looked into quite a few locations in the area and this was the best that I saw! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff are all very friendly. They obviously really care about their residents, and take great care of everyone. Overall I really like Tranquil Place, and feel confident knowing that my Mom is well looked after.

My 96 yo Mother has been at TP since ...

My 96 yo Mother has been at TP since June 30,2014 and I have to say that they take good care of her. I had to get her out of Oakwood rehab center in Dearborn as they were doing a terrible job of taking care of her. At TP Mom gets fed well and she is keep clean and the staff are always checking on her and the other folks in the home. Bottom line we made a good choice.

Tightly run ship.

Very structured home.Breakfast at 7am lunch at 12 noon dinner at 5 I believe . Bed time at 8pm. Visiting hours over at 6 pm. Patients do not stay in room during the day. Home keeps a lot of fruit around for patients.

Mixed feelings

We had my loved one here for a brief time, and I think they do a good job with certain aspects of their service, but I had problems with others. The nurse that runs things here is a very nice woman, and a good caregiver. The staff are all friendly, and they keep the facility clean and the residents well looked after. One of the issues my loved one was having was wandering problems, and I always felt safe with her here, they keep a close eye on everyone. I have problems with some of their methods, however. They seem to prefer heavy medication to keep the residents sedated, and then put them all in recliners in the family room. When we moved my loved one in she was on a medication that left her more aware, but they asked if they could put her back on a low dose of her previous meds that left her more sedated. We agreed, but they did not tell us they would be adjusting the dosage as they saw fit, and also told us they only ever had her on 1mg (which we saw was not true on paperwork they were required to send to the hospital). On subsequent visits our loved one was often to sedated to even know we were there. When we toured the place they listed quite a few activities, but from what I saw they mostly just kept everyone medicated and asleep in chairs for most of the day.