TLC Family Care Home - Leesburg, FL

We were very concerned by the appearance of TLC's facility. We felt the staff was well prepared, educated and showed a sense of comradery & ease with one another. The room that was available was not suitable at all. The dog Raz that greeted us in the yard & followed us in to the home peed on a chair in the living space, not good. We appreciate the expertise of the staff we spoke with however the building is not acceptable for or family's needs.

fees need to be pro rated

Hi-I am a newby to finding care for my 96 year old Mom in Fl. I have taken care of her the past 2 winters as Pa has had severe weather and my sister-in-law cannot travel the black ice daily and the drifted drive way of my Mom.

So I brought her down and started looking for care as my rotator cuff was torn and my surgery was to be in a week. My surgeon said I would not be 100% able to care for her untill Jan 1' 2015 but it was better to get her down here now than to pick her up in Pittsburgh in the snow and ice.

I really didn't know how it worked to get assisted living so I got on line and was working with several people who assured me it was a free service. I felt the urgency of having arrangements in place.

I got a tour with Sterling House and Lake Harris but it was a lot of money and levels of care wasn't even added yet.

Then TLC was mentioned and I got a tour. It was perfect.

My Mom didn't need serious care-not a diabetic-constipation was the worst problem. After all, I had taken care of her 2 years and she is portable for all my errands.

So I agreed to 4 months of care (self pay) till my doctor would release me to care for her.

A place for Mom knew I needed just 4 months and they contacted TLC but there was a SNAFU.

TLC thought I contacted them and we had an agreement before A place for Mom was known by TLC>

It was too late for me to back out as my surgery was inpending, and A place for Mom was asking for it's fee from TLC which was $5800. This fee was normally for lifetime or at least 1 year.

I said this was'nt fair for 4 months and should be pro rated. My mother isn't much trouble but she prevents TLC from having a full time patient.

If Tlc does not pro rate the fee to 1/3 I think it is usurius.

Incredibly friendly caregivers

I've been extremely happy with the service at TLC Family Care Home! It's hard knowing my loved one is so far away, but Will and Linda Gifford, the owners, are wonderful people and make me feel completely at ease knowing that my loved one is well taken care of.

Socially and physically warm with good and healthy food

My Mom and I went to visit today as we considered adult day care options. Will came out a greeted us and the 2 dogs quietly met us and went and laid down. They served us a fabulous lunch that was made from scratch with organic veggies included. They sit around the kitchen bar/counter to eat and have a pretty lively conversation between staff and residents. They have an activities director there from 10 AM to 2 PM. They do crafts and Bingo. My only concern is my Mom's need for walking and there really is little place to walk. She is much happier if she can go for a walk. They d have a good sized garden out back. I have no reservations whatsoever about having my Mom stay there. We have just started to look at our options but this is certainly one I am considering.

It was strange; It was dark and had too many animals. Everyone that came in had a dog. No way that would have worked.