Timberwood Court - Albany, OR

Review of Timberwood Court

I would highly recommend Timberwood Court to anyone looking for a place for their loved one. The whole process from admission to move in was helpful during a hard time in our life. Everyone there has been wonderful and residents are treated with respect. I visit daily and see the care they get.

An Excellent Experience

Timberwood Court has been a great experience so far. [Removed], and the other staff members have been accommodating, receptive, kind, and warm. I have the highest respect for the staff members here. one thing that really stood out to me was their willingness to accommodate my loved one's needs as far as room location. Her rooms looks out to the dining room entrance instead of being down a long hallway. I really appreciate that they have a lot of activities as well. My loved one really likes to be kept busy. The location of the community is awesome as well. Overall, Timberwood Court has been an excellent experience.

Staff is kind and attentive

My love one previously resided in this location and she was not happy. In fairness with the property, I liked the staff. They are very kind, attentive, but it doesn’t dissipate the issues that we unfortunately experienced. During the time that she was there she was not assessed properly. It affected the medication that was administered to her which resulted her to being immobile and was undergoing other symptoms. My love one is a pretty physically strong person and within 24hrs of being off that medication she was back to her normal self. We spoke with the staff and it turns out that person that assessed her was fired. I personally think that probably the administrative team could use some work.

Staff is not accommodating at all

My mother was living at Timberwood for about 2 months and my family and I visited especially often during the first month. Staff was always friendly. After leaving however the staff would call seeming to have a lack of confidence in how to care for my mom. My mom is very busy walking and moving around and does not sleep for long periods of time. My mother moved in as a level 1 in approximately the first of September and then was all of a sudden moved to a level 5 mid-October. There was little to no explanation for this move and they increased her monthly obligation by over $1400.00 a month. My brother informed me that he felt it was because our mother was not drugged and they felt she was too difficult to deal with. They had been giving her a very low dose of medication that would cause my mother to be very sleepy and easy to work with. It was a type of anxiety medication. My parents never took medication and because of this she could not get herself out of bed and to the bathroom before soiling herself. My brother took her to the doctor and they changed her medication to help slow the dementia instead of treating just the symptoms. As soon as she was off that medication she was back to her usual self. While I was caring for her in her home I gave her 1mg of melatonin and she slept 9 hours straight. I told the staff members to just give her that and she will be fine. However, according to them they cannot give any medications to her unless properly prescribed by a doctor, which made no sense to me. My mother is not in a state where she would need extreme care to be in level 5 (Hospice). There was another incident were my mother had trouble breathing and they were unable to reach my brother and called me to ask if they should call EMT's. I told them that if my mother says she is having a difficult time breathing to always call the EMT's. Additionally, from the beginning I left a list of her children to call if they needed to, but it seemed like they always started from the bottom of the list instead of my oldest brother who had Power of Attorney. I was very concerned with their lack of ability to handle simple situations. It's just really unfortunate, they seemed really nice but their night crew seemed unable to handle my mom without calling me. There were incidences where tenants would [Removed] from my mother's room and vice versa. I would have to remind her if I noticed something that it didn't belong to her. My sister and I stayed for a meal with our mom and was told that it would be roast beef. It was hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes with mushy vegetables, canned mandarin oranges and pudding for desert. We had been told there was a chef preparing meals and when my sister complained about the meal she was told that they were hiring a new chef and the other was not enthused about preparing meals during her last few days there. Regardless of our questions about what we were originally told of the accommodations we were told that someone was in the middle of fixing the situation, hiring another person, etc. I can say the place was clean, old but very clean. I did like the fact that tenants were able to do their own laundry because that was one thing my mom enjoyed doing. They had a board that showed a variety of activities they did. Our initial contact at Timberwood was amazing and I fell in love with her immediately and she told us her own grandmother was at Timberwood. She would make candles with the residents and take them on outings, like to the refurbished "Ferris wheel" in Salem, I believe that's where it was. All in all I would not recommend this community and believe it's unfortunate that I do not have a favorable opinion about them.

Nice Tour!!

I have no complaints of how things had went during my tour of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. They had a nice dinning room area for the residents and even offered us to try a meal they had on the menu during our visit. It was a pleasant experience with lots of great amenities for everyone just was not the right fit for my mother.

Frontier Management

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Timberwood Court! While we were not the right fit for your mother, we appreciate all of the kind comments and high star rating! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Everything is going great!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since she has made the move into this community. The staff have been very friendly to us and I am comfortable with the care she has been provided. She has had no problems with the meals and enjoys participating in the activities with the other residents from time to time. Overall it has been a great fit and I would recommend it to anyone.

Nice facility!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities for all of the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Frontier Management

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! Even though we were not the right fit for your needs, we are glad that we still earned your recommendation. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Very Impressed

I was really impressed with the information that they gave me. I called anytime and they connected me right away with the person involved. We came there a lot and just showed up at any time and they were always friendly.

A Great Place for Mom

We took Mom there in a serious state of dementia following brain seizures. The staff did everything they could to help and comfort her. It was very difficult for them, yet they maintained kind professional care. The Home was clean and cozy, and the residents content for the most part. Various activities were planned. All questions and concerns were addressed quickly. Indeed we were happy with Timberwood!!

really pleased

I really like the people at Timberwood Court. The value is excellent. You cant put a price on a place that takes excellent care of your mom. I am really pleased with the activities here. They have gotten mom to do things I never thought she would do. The front desk is rather aloof. They just don't always acknowledge anyone. The overall staff is really friendly though and the care is wonderful.

The Timberwood Court is fantastic. They do a great job.

The Timberwood Court is fantastic. It is a great value, they were so much more reasonable than the last place we were. The food is fantastic, she loves the food. There really isn't anything I would like to see improved. They do a great job.

I really liked Timberwood ...

I really liked Timberwood Court. Great warm, welcoming feel about the whole place. Brad was very helpful, approachable, knowledgeable. Residents were engaged playing Bingo or talking to staff, doors were open to rooms, staff (CNA and professional) made eye contact with me and said hello. The whole package gets high marks from me.

dark

It didn’t smell very good, but when we were there they had an activity bus. They said most people don’t think you can take Alzheimer Disease patients out on activities, but they do it. I liked that. I rated them low because they weren’t well lit and they didn’t smell good.

...this is a great place.

For memory care people this is a great place. We haven’t had any place with parking or laundry. There is an outside area It was just really a good positive experience. When my father-in-law passed, they made every effort to make sure that he was presentable on his death bed. If it gets to that for me, I’d rather go here than anywhere else.

A place for dad

I found that the facility clean organized, additionally the attendants were courteous and helpful. Every question was answered fully and I was continuously asked how they could be of more help. I am very thankful that my father is there.

Good Community

Timberwood Court is a great place. Our loved one is adjusting very well. They treat the residents very kindly and the community is very clean. The executive director is very friendly and always on top of things. The front desk clerk is always cheerful and very nice. The entire staff seems to really care about the residents. Our loved one has plenty of room. The grounds are very well maintained. After about 6 months or so they do accept Medicaid.

Nice

Nice

At Timberwood Court, our goal is to provide the highest quality of life for each of our residents while providing peace of mind for the family. Our Life Engagement activities are designed to meet the needs of each resident. Activities flow throughout each day to promote cognitive, sensory, creative and physical skills.

The neighborhood is quiet. Family-oriented, warm and relaxed is describes the atmosphere perfectly. The ambiance embraces the small town values of Albany, Oregon which is located in the mid-Willamette Valley. Just minutes away are Samaritan Albany General Hospital, Heritage Mall, museums and antique shops. The beautiful historic downtown is rich with pioneer history and charm. Historians have credited Albany with having the most variety of historic buildings in Oregon.

It only takes one look at the beautifully landscaped courtyards, cozy rooms and elegant décor to know this is a great place to call home. Our staff is dedicated to our life engagement philosophy of the social, psychological, spiritual and physical well being of every individual. We offer a Respite Program which provides the caregiver or family an opportunity for a break. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed at Timberwood Court. You truly can have it all!