Country living in the city

I was referred to the Tower at Dorsey Manor by A Place for Mom and was very pleased with their service. Even though I was living only four miles away, I would not have know the Tower existed except for the list they provided. The Tower management staff was more than helpful in coordinating the move with having to give a 60 day notice and arrange for movers. The newly renovated, state of the art, energy efficient, renovated (2011) building is far above expectations with many amenities. Activities abound and residents are extremely welcoming with a wealth of information. Our unit is a spacious, open and bright floor plan with lovely windows and door onto extra large balcony. We are only 1/2 block for the police department, 2 blocks from the fire department, 3 blocks from the post office and... 3 blocks to the Marietta Square surrounded by churches in a small town environment only minutes from major roads. My husband and I are blessed to have found this wonderful place to enjoy our retirement in a lovely atmosphere.

Mom's New Apt

The price per square foot is really quite good; in the case of my mother’s apartment it works out to $0.81 per square foot per month. It is also quite nice that the building is a ‘high rise’ (9 floors) and because of that fact the floors and walls are made if poured concrete and cinder block so there is virtually no sound transference between units. My mom’s unit also has a nice large balcony (~ 60 sq ft). The only down side to the physical aspect of the apartment is that there is no in-unit wash/dryer hook-up.

The staff are pleasant and have been responsive to the requests my mom has made to fix things or address her concerns. The location is also convenient for my mom. Marietta square is just a few blocks away so if my mom wants to go to the Farmer’s Market she can do that quite easily on her own.

Keep in mind my I am writing this from a son’s perspective. My mom would likely have more things to say both positive and negative.