This is a Wonderful, caring Home

We were so very lucky when we found this Home for my husband. The change in him is wonderful, they make sure that takes his walks every day, and that he is eating well and that he has something to do. His attitude has really improved. There is a total of 5 residents here and they also have a second home just down the street for the higher level of care patients The staff's first priority is making sure their residents are taken care of.
There are a lot of great Amenities the owner holds a family block party every year where the families are invited there's music, food, and even the firemen show up with their truck to join in the fun the culdesac is roped off and the care givers are right there beside the residents helping them have fun. I feel so welcome whenever I come to visit my husband all the staff are friendly the home is beautiful. I could not have asked for a more caring place for my husband to be.

Attentive and caring!

[Removed] and her staff are doing a fantastic job of taking care of my mom and the other residents. The owner and caregivers are all very patient, caring, attentive, and communicative. They are open and willing to make adjustments in care when asked. This care home was the only one I toured where I witnessed the staff actively engaging its residents in activities. My mom has been there now for over 2 months, and I've never seen the TV used as a babysitter. When it's "rest time", the residents sit in their comfy chairs and they have a variety of satellite music/videos playing (show tunes, jazz, oldies, etc.). The day room has a lot of windows and is bright and cheerful. Also, the staff makes sure the residents get time outside when the weather is nice. The home itself could use a little updating, but I couldn't be happier with the level of care. I would definitely recommend this care home.

5 Stars All The Way!!

My mother is very happy residing in the community. The staff are attentive and communicate well with the family. The meals that the community provides have good taste and are healthy. The Tahoe community has good housekeeping staff they maintain the community clean and up-kept.

Outstanding job of keeping people with dementia active and involved

They're always doing something. Because of the dementia, if they just sit, their goal at this care home is to let them excel, and to bring them out as far as they can, and keep them going. They're always doing something; they're not sitting in a chair watching TV.

really went to alot of care centers. There was only one other one that even came close to this one. The minute you walk in the door, it has a warm and friendly feeling.

I'd like to move in there myself!

We were very happy to find this home ...

We were very happy to find this home after placing my wife in a large facility. The staff is much more personalized and friendly. Unlike our previous experience she is now encouraged to participate in activities.
Sorry we did not find "A Place For Mom" sooner.