A really nice place and location, but too crowded for our tastes. Met a lovely couple that highly recommended the location, but we couldn't get past the crowded feeling.

Piano Player that comes every Wednesday

My mother-in-law is doing very well here and their staff team is doing well for her. They are very welcoming and knowledgeable. The community is small and my mother-in-law likes to be around people, so I think it is a good fit for her. I am very satisfied with them every time my husband and I visit. Since we do not live very close to the location, we tend to visit every Saturday or Sunday. I never tried their food, but it does look good. I saw the desserts that they offer; one day that had a cobbler with Blue Bonnet Ice Cream which looked really good. I know that they feed them very good there and they do all of their own cooking on site. They change the food daily so they’re getting a variety of choices. They also keep the place very clean. When I walk in, the first thing I’ll try to find is an odor. I haven’t noticed any at this facility which is really nice. I would walk into her room and make sure that her bed is made, which it always is when I visit. They also have little hobbies/activities for the residents like crossword and puzzles. Every Wednesday they have a lady that comes out and plays the piano and sometimes they play gospel songs. Overall I would recommend this community. Even though that she’s only there temporarily, it seems that she is adjusting well.

We toured this community. The staff were nice and caring to the needs of the residents. We like that the community had a nice clean environment. The menu was appealing and the activities would have been offered. This was a nice atmosphere and we would recommend this community for other families.

A warm family atmosphere

The caregivers at this care home are supportive, friendly and encouraging. They try to keep the residents active. The food is good and they will fix the resident something different to eat if they do not like what is being served. The residents can eat breakfast at anytime. The home is clean and I would recommend this care home.

Individualized care

A lot of the residents have advanced care needs but my mother seems to cope with it well. She stays in her own little area and talks to this lady sometimes. They offer individualized care and there is a small group of residents. The staff does a very good job. They make all the meals from scratch and serve things like meatloaf, apple pies, and cherry cobbler. I am very comfortable with the care my mother gets here.

The best personal care home

This isn't your ordinary personal care home, this what people call home. The Fletchers run a top notch home with a "hands on approach" and are some of the finest people on the planet. I wouldn't hesitate to place a family member at The Pines at Oakhurst, because I know they will be getting the best possible care and will be eating good healthy meals 3 times daily.

My Grandparents stayed here and the people were amazing. The place is very clean and the food is amazing here. We even recommended our friends to put there parents here they loved it as well.

Wonderful place and people!

Awesome place with such caring and compassionate owners!

Great place, great people, great food, can't go wrong trusting you loved one in this wonderful community with caring people!

The most loving, kind, and caring group of people!! Home is beautiful! I love THE PINES!!

Clean, friendly, very involved, knowledgable/caring staff.

Top Notch!

I have personally volunteered here and found that the food was amazing(homemade), the facility is very clean, and the residents are very loved and taken care of. If I ever have a need for something like this with a family member, this would be the first place I would go!

The Pines is Amazing! You can't find anywhere else like this place. Not only are the staff super caring but the owners go out of their way to make sure everyone is taken care of.
Great place!

Dream Care Home

After reviewing several care homes for our extended family member, we found the pines to be extraordinary. It truly feels like a home, and yet is run with reliable professionalism and integrity. Their focus is truly that all needs for their residence and family members are met first. Finding them fulfilled our dream.

Second Family with capable & caring staff & homey feeling

My father has been residing here since he lost his wife & caretaker of 64 years in November of 2014.

From the moment I opened the front door for my tour
I was greeted by the dog and welcomed by smells of a quiche cooking in the oven…I knew my Dad would be in a good place.

The manager was friendly and capable.

The entire staff is always friendly and helpful with questions and feedback in person or via telephone.

I reside 1000 miles away but communication is generally
good. I call occasionally to speak with my Dad, though conversation is challenging.

I also e-mail the owner and speak via telephone from time to time.

When I am in town; my experiences are positive while on site.

My sister lives within driving distance and visits about 2-4 times a month. Her reports are usually positive.

I cannot speak to the extracurricular or activities offered.

There is a lovely fenced in backyard with a bench where a visitor can step out to take a phone call or get some fresh air.

My only constructive criticism is that the phone goes into fas when I call occasionally. On my second try though I connect.

Perhaps some music therapy could be introduced, as well.

Overall TWO THUMBS UP. I felt like I hit the jackpot & a huge burden was lifted.

I am grateful to Pines of Oakhurst, one & all.

very interactive, visiting ...

very interactive, visiting nurse on staff, staff to resident ratio: 1/4 daytime, 1/8 nighttime. care plan custom tailored. very impressed

We are very happy with The Pines, they are really good.

We are very happy with The Pines, they are really good. They keep it very clean, and the people are nice. They are very accessible and the owner is so easy to talk to. When I first came he said, if it concerns you it concerns me. He was the easiest person to talk to of all the places I went. I love that it has a nice family feeling.

Welcome to The Pines at Oakhurst

Nestled among the tall pines in Spring, TX you will find a charming residential care community known as The Pines at Oakhurst. Our community is designed to look and feel like your home, but with hundreds of special touches that have been carefully crafted to make life easier. We embrace all of the comforts of home, from home cooked meals made from garden fresh ingredients, to beautiful fresh cut flowers, to the companionship of our family pet.

No one champions quality of life for seniors like The Pines. We understand assisted living is not just a program, but rather a philosophy of caring and compassion. We believe in honoring our residents for the person that they are today, as well as who they were yesterday, and respect their dignity while optimizing their individuality and personhood.

Our Mission is simple, “Live, Laugh, Love”…We believe in celebrating life by living in the moment, laughing often, and loving each other through it all.

Our vision is to empower seniors to “Live Every Day Their Way,” encouraging independence, enabling their freedom of choice, preserving their life experiences, through nurturing the soul.

What makes The Pines at Oakhurst unique in comparison to other assisted living facilities is our detailed understanding to create an environment with the emphasis to provide each resident the ideal level of care in order to maximize their independence and live life to the fullest.