The Mulberry House II - McKinney, TX

God bless Mullberry House ll

I would first like to say that what could have been the most difficult decision I have ever made, turned out very differently. After receiving suggestions from "A place for mom", I was blessed to visit Mulberry House ll. I met with [Removed], one of the owners, she is kind,loving,caring and compassionate. I was a wreck as this was a gut-wrenching time for me. I have personally shared my home and cared for my grandmother and father until their passing. Diseases that ravage the memory and brain forced me to admit that I could not care for my mother, she was no longer safe. [Removed] and her husband, [Removed], helped me through the process in a very gentle way. This house IS a home ! It is beautiful, clean, safe and nurturing. Family styles meals with people mom now enjoys time with are wonderful. Our family is always welcome and kept very well informed. [Removed] are wonderful caregivers. I know mom is safe,happy and welcomed with a hug and kindness. I cant say enough kind things about everything I have experienced with [Removed] and staff, [Removed]. They will care for your loved ones like their own.

Bedside manner is lacking

I love this facility because it is a Christian based home and when I toured it, I got a good vibe from them. While my husband was still alive the staff was very good and caring to him. There was a house manager named [Removed] and she was absolutely wonderful and treated my husband with care. The facility is very clean and they did his laundry and kept the floors swept. As for the food, they looked healthy but I noticed there were no fresh fruits or vegetables. I would say about 75% of the food was canned or frozen. The only reason why I am giving 2 stars is that I’m not happy with the business end of the facility. Upfront there was a $3000 fee that is nonrefundable. Then you had to pay upfront for the next month’s rent. Unfortunately, my husband passed away soon after getting into the facility and I found out that there is a 30-day notice for leaving. I had to pay rent even while he was passed away. I asked the facility if I could have even half a month’s rent reimbursed and they offered nothing back. I just feel like I was [Removed] and their bedside manner is lacking.