Cottage, Escondido gives good care.

We just placed our Mom in their care and we are very happy. I understand we are new, but I have spent quite a bit of time here and I liked the homey feel to it. My Mom is 101 and has been in and out of hospice care which gave us respites every three months. She spent approx 5 or 6 5-day stays in different nursing homes so we got to see into a few of them in San Diego County. I much preferred the Cottage over the others, they were loud and bangy and clangy and lots of people sitting in wheel chairs that seemed so sad to me. The Cottage engages everyone. I have seen it first hand. I will let you know if anything changes my opinion. Thanks!!

It a nice place, floors are vinyl, rooms are clean and have flat screen TV. Staff are very kind and caring. Menu are good food and healthy. Highly recommended for my mom.

Search for care

I toured this community that did not like. They were in transition. The staff. The community should improve in a lot of areas. They need to fix up the main room and each separate room. I would not recommend this community unless changes a lot of things for the better. Other families might consider a tour for a loved one here for care.

Did not like- very old, needed lots of tender loving care. No places of beauty for the patients to look out on or to sit outside in a secure area. Would not want my mother to live here

Nice looking residential community

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for my loved one. This is a smaller, residential style community, and after touring a few of them in the area I found that I really liked this style of a more homey atmosphere, and focused individual care. While I did not end up selecting this community, it is definitely worth a look for anyone looking in to senior care in the area!

Our management team has over a decade of experience in operating small and medium sized assisted living facilities in Florida, California and in British Columbia, Canada. Our Director of Care is a Practicing RN, with over 15 years experience in geriatric nursing, and specializes in the care/ management of seniors with memory impairment.

Situated in the Old Escondido Historic district, there are no elevators to take or stairs to climb in this single level home, just a caring staff with warm hearts. Licensed for 13 beds,