Avocado Creek - Escondido, CA

A happy place to be

While my Mother was here, it was a wonderful facility. It seemed like a really happy place to be. All of the staff members were happy to be there and they were attentive to my mom’s needs. It’s a very clean facility and they do the laundry every day. They don’t really offer any planned activities and I needed to bring things like puzzles or games for her to do. There are only 12 residents here and most of the people here have dementia and are in wheel chairs. My mom had her own room with a TV and a private bathroom. I really like that this facility does not have an odor to it and it doesn’t smell like bleach. I would recommend this community to other families.

Small intimate residential care facility that really cares

This residence, its owner, and its staff needs to be recognized for the great care it gives to its residents. Here's our story, I hope it will be helpful to others:
Our family found this small intimate residence at the last minute and to our good fortune, when our 88 year old mother required 24 hour care upon her impending release from a skilled nursing facility. Mom was in her final year of Alzheimer's and required round the clock help management of her incontinency, assistance with almost all her activities of daily living ADLs, and now required contact assistance any time she moved. [removed], the on site owner manager, and [removed] her care manager understood my mother's needs, and as time passed we couldn't believe how lucky we were to have found this residence. My mother's needs were not only provided for but anticipated. Mom's incontinence was always proactively and well managed no matter when we visited. [Removed] were on top of mom's every medical need and alerted us so we could be proactive on mom's behalf too. I could rely on their contacting me when Mom needed anything. Often there were extra efforts made for us: when phone conversation was difficult for mom, [Removed] would assist me with her own cell phone, showing mom the photos I texted to [Removed] phone, and then [Removed] would text me photos of mom back to me. Special photos and special memories. The other residents appeared well cared for as well, they often chatted with us during visits and kept my mom company around the community table or by the TV. The home was always clean, and the only smells wafting through were those of cooking food. Mom and other residents were always treated with dignity, affection and good humor. In mom's final month [Removed] insistence on Light Bridge hospice care was crucial, and Lightbridge provided the wonderful nursing care she said they would. When my mom was passing, [Removed] and their staff hovered over mom and us. My brothers, my-sister-in laws and I all felt their care and affection for mom and we hold [Removed] and Avocado Creek in very high regard. We would recommend their residential care to anyone.  Elder care is a vocation for [Removed] and [Removed], and these ladies are both gifted.

A Happy Home for Mom

I truly believe that Avocado Creek is the perfect home for my 97 year old Mother. I had been taking care of her at my home for 9+ years when my doctors discovered cancer & I needed immediate surgery. I had only a short time to find a home, but Avocado had people who were alert, active, happy and friendly. Many other homes were clean but dismal and the people were not happy. The staff works hard to provide a clean, friendly environment with special attention to those who need it, when they need it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a happy place for their relative.

Not A Good Tour

The person that owns this community was not available and the helper had to give me a tour. The helper did not have all the answers to a lot of my questions. It was not a good job.

Highly Recommend Them

I would have to say that it was a good experience in dealing with all of the staff members at the Avocado Creek. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is searching for a place for their loved ones.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Avocado Creek! It is well run and very organized, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The facility is always clean and well kept, and they also do a good job with the food! I would highly recommend them!

Safe and caring place

I was very concerned as a daughter finding the right place
for my mom. You here so many horror stories. My mom
is totally dependent on me so I was so terrified but this
place has been so safe for my mom.

Advocado creek has been a Godsend for me and my family.The owner Maya has lived up to her word. She treats her patrons the way she would want her own family treated. She is fair and honest and she has gone above and beyond to help my mom. I will forever be greatful to her.

Her primary caretaker is Dana. I love her! She takes such good care of my mom and that is so important to me.

I go see my mom 3 to 4 times a week. The place is always clean and the other patrons look well care for too. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Sincerely
Douglas Family

very nice and clean and wel...

very nice and clean and well organized but no availability at this time

This house is in a rural part of Esco...

This house is in a rural part of Escondido, and sits up on a hill with a view, and a nice breeze. Every room has a ceiling fan, and a French door onto the wrap around walkway or patio. Rooms are really nice - very clean home in every respect and Director is a true professional

We are currently updating our information about this care provider. To find out more information, or to schedule a tour, please fill out the form above.