Sylva Villas Assisted Living Facility - Silver Spring, MD

Satisfied with the care!!

I am satisfied with the overall tour that I had received at this community for my loved one. They where on time to our appointment and answered any questions that we had for them in detail. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities available for all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision for my loved one.

Lovely neighborhood. Both the front a...

Lovely neighborhood. Both the front and back yards are large, attractive, flat, and walkable. Lovely trees, vegetable garden area. House is in a on a quiet service road parallel to (and separated from) a busy road; I prefer signs of life like that. Clean inside, neat, organized. Saw and spoke to a couple of the residents, staff, going about their day. Huge shared bedroom, fun purple carpeting, large bureaus. (I would suggest arranging the beds and bureaus differently, tho?, to reflect two separate individuals rather than two partners.) What I appreciated about Grace was that when we walked past an occupied bedroom, she did not disturb the resident who was resting on the bed. (At one of the places I visited last month, the caretaker opened a bedroom door the resident had left ajar and did disturb the gentleman so I could take a look; I didn?t like being part of that intrusion and wouldn?t want someone doing that to my dad.) When I first walked into the house and saw a large living room, I thought, ?Oh, a nice non-TV sitting and visiting area.? But then I learned that that half of the house -- the front part where you enter -- is for Grace and her family and is off-limits to the residents. It was kind of hard to walk past a lovely room that the residents can?t use. So there is only one common room for sitting, dining, and family visiting. That's not my preference, especially for the price. That's the only reason for the 3-star rating.

has operated assisted living for 10 y...

has operated assisted living for 10 years, has 20 years experience working in a nursing home (not a nurse, family business-son trained in mental health licensed for 8 beds, would help dad adjust to shared room (did not seem too interested in the fact that a private room was his preference) doctor comes 1 x per mo, nurse every 40 days, podiatrist every 90 days

Love the place. Staff is great.

Love the place. Staff is great.