Avonlea Ridge Assisted Living - Silver Spring, MD

No vacant beds at this location, filled with women. Indoor common area too small. Not very clean. No staff to speak with - Owner filling in. She had another location w/men but tour need to be arrange for another time when she is available - not interested.

Really upscale home. The problems I had with it is that all of the assisted living space is on the second floor, with stairs for those who can climb, and chair lifts for those who can't. I felt the gate at the top of the stairs was lacking in height and security. My mother could have figured out how to open it. I think that was my main issue. You may love it. It just wasn't for us.

Care for my friend

I like this community for good care.The staff is very nice and attentive. The food is a good variety The staff seemed very involved with the resident.The meals seemed to be appealing. I liked the activities that are offered for her to participate with others. The community is clean and recommended for the value and care for other families

Aonlea Ridge does a great Job

My mother is a resident at the Avonlea Ridge facility on Carters Grove Drive in Silver Spring, MD. We've had a great experience at this beautiful assisted living home after moving in in early February. The owners and the staff are very caring and professional. We look forward to a more regular schedule of activities in the future. However, Avonlea provides a greater degree of personal care than other homes I've seen. They demonstrate a genuine and constant interest in the welfare of their residents.

New Resident's Review

My mother is now a resident at Avonlea Ridge's new facility. The facility is beautiful and the proprietors are professional, experienced, knowledgeable and caring. Things are going very well and I'm very pleased with the service they're providing.

WHILE MILLIONS OF SENIORS EACH YEAR ARE FACED WITH THE DIFFICULT DECISION OF HAVING TO MOVE FROM THEIR HOMES DUE TO INABILITY TO FULLY CARE FOR THEMSELVES, AVONLEA RIDGE ASSISTED LIVING IS PROUD TO BE ABLE TO OFFER THEM A HOME AWAY FROM HOME.

OPEN IN MARCH 2014, AVONLEA RIDGE IS A 5-BED ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY LOCATED ON A 1/2 ACRE WOODED LOT IN A QUIET RESIDENTIAL SILVER SPRING NEIGHBORHOOD. LOCATED MINUTES FROM SEVERAL SHOPPING CENTERS, RESTAURANTS, HOTELS, HOSPITALS AND ONLY 30 MINUTES FROM OUR NATION'S CAPITOL, AVONLEA RIDGE ASSISTED LIVING IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING QUALITY CARE WHILE ALLOWING OUR RESIDENTS TO ENJOY THE NUMEROUS LOCAL AMENITIES.

THE STAFF AT AVONLEA RIDGE ASSISTED LIVING IS COMPRISED OF THE OWNERS/MANAGERS WHO ARE BOTH REGISTERED NURSES WITH OVER THIRTY-FIVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN GERIATRIC NURSING. IN ADDITION, PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANTS WILL BE ON STAFF 24 HOURS DAILY TO RENDER QUALITY CARE. ALL PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANTS ARE QUALIFIED GERIATRIC NURSING ASSISTANTS, WHO HAVE COMPLETED THE INSERVICES AND TRAINING REQUIRED BY STATE LAW.

BY LIMITING OUR CAPACITY TO 5 RESIDENTS, WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF INDIVIDUALIZED CARE WHILE ENCOURAGING INDEPENDENCE.