Sunset Park Place - Dubuque, IA

Taking care of mom

Sunset Park has been a blessing for my mom. The staff is caring, compassionate and attentive to my mom’s needs. The activities are engaging. It is clean and decorated so it ‘feels like home’.

Kayle Neegaard

What a blessing it is to read these words and be able to share your testimonial with our team members at Sunset Park Place! Thank you so much for choosing a place that 'feels like home' for your mother. We are so appreciative.

The building is a little outdated

I toured this community when looking for a place for my parents. Out of all of the places I’ve toured, this one had the best food. It’s a smaller establishment and they had local chefs that prepared the meals onsite. I don’t think the building was very well kept up with, though. Some of the furnishings were a bit older and the building, overall, was a little outdated. The dining area was nice, though, and the food was good. There wasn’t a lot of room to walk around because the grounds were sandwiched between 2 parking lots. They also didn’t have a lot of greenery or nice views, so I was a little disappointed in that regard.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to give us feedback regarding your recent visit to Sunset Park Place. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and the food! We will take your comments regarding the furnishings and use them to make improvements. Again, we appreciate hearing about your tour!

All Their Services Are Great

I’m very pleased with Sunset Park Place because my dad is accepting the transition so well. The staff is awesome, the food is good, and dad is very happy with it, which is the most important thing. They also have a lot of activities and games to keep the residents busy. All of their services are great and reasonable, and I would definitely recommend them.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with Sunset Park Place. We're so happy to hear that your dad is enjoying himself. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do. We appreciate your referrals!

clean

Very clean and well maintained,

Kayle Neegaard

It's great to get feedback like this. We appreciate you taking notice of the pride we take in our community!

Summary of care

Our family member, [Removed] has been very well taken care of by your staff. We feel that [Removed] are exceptional in their duties. They are patient, caring & treat [Removed] like family. His quality of life has been enhanced since moving to Sunset Park vs: other facilities he lived in.

Kayle Neegaard

We are so happy to hear that your loved one has found community and contentment at Sunset Park Place. It will be our pleasure to share your kind words with our team members. Thank you very much!

Sunset is a great place, employees are friendly and always helpful.

Kayle Neegaard

What wonderful feedback! Thank you so much for sharing!

Very Pleased with Sunset Park Place Staff

My family has been very pleased with the very helpful staff at Sunset Park Place. The process of transitioning my parents from living at home to moving into Assisted Living was less stressful because the staff was so kind, caring and helpful.

Kayle Neegaard

We are so happy to hear that your parents' transition was a smooth one thanks to the assistance and care of our team members. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to provide further assistance! Thank you!

Very kind staff!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and it has been a little bit of a difficult adjustment for her. Although the staff are very kind and have been attentive to her needs she is having trouble making this place home. She has not been that impressed with the meals so I am thinking we are going to start making them for her. Overall the care is fine at this place and we are making the best out of our situation.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for sharing your mother's experience with us. Our goal is to roll out the red carpet for every resident who chooses to call Sunset Park Place home. We are upset to hear that your mother is unhappy with the culinary experience at our community, as dining is a focal point of resident life. Sue Mills, our tenured Culinary Coordinator is willing to work with your mother to any extent to ensure she is pleased with the offerings provided. Please feel free to reach out to us via phone or email to review available options. Thank you!

A nice tour

I toured this community and found the staff to be very nice and were able to answer my questions. This is a bigger community then what I was looking for. They offer me a lunch. at my tour and I was very pleased with the food. I like the staff who answered my questions on the services. Familes might want to tour this nice community for a loved ones care.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Sunset Park Place. We're happy to hear that you found the staff and the meal pleasing. While our community is larger in size structurally, our residents are a close-knit group. Our "Friend for Life" program ensures that new faces find their way around easily and always have a friend to help them out should they need a question answered or task completed. We'd love to have you visit again!

Experience at Sunset Park Place

Following returning home after hospitalization and several weeks in skilled nursing, mom was willing to look at assisted living facilities. My siblings and I had already checked out several. When we took her to see them she felt immediatlely at home at Sunset Park Place. After a month there, she is very happy. She feels that all of the staff are very caring and friendly. She feels "at home." I now need to make an "appointment" to see her, since she is so involved in the various activities offered. She goes to exercises daily and is first to sign up for the "party bus" when it goes out.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us! We are so happy to hear that your mother has found Sunset Park Place to be a perfect fit for her. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make her home more enjoyable!

Taking some time to adjust!

The staff at Sunset Park Place have been very easy to work with and very helpful with the move. They offer a variety of activities for the residents to partake in. The community is well kept throughout and do a pretty good job with cleanliness. The food is not like homemade food but it is pretty good for a commercial kitchen.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking the time to review Sunset Park Place. We are happy to hear that our staff has been easy to work with and aim to continue providing exceptional customer service. Please let us know how we can improve the culinary experience for you personally! It is our goal to roll out the red carpet daily for each and every one of our residents!

A Wonderful Community, My Tour Went Well

I really liked this community. I was very impressed with all they had to offer. This was a community I was considering moving my brother too. The location worried me a bit, it is close to high school and my brother enjoys walking around. I was worried he would get lost. It is a very wonderful community with kind people.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review Sunset Park Place. We're glad you enjoyed the community and hope you will give us the opportunity to speak with you more about the location and options for your brother at our community.

Feels like home

We toured Sunset Park Place today and we were very impressed. From the moment you walk through the front door it is very inviting and feels like home. They offer an extensive list of activities and opportunities to make friends and socialize with your neighbors. We loved the theater, library, spa, and dining area. The apartments we good sized with great views of the lovely neighborhood. The memory unit was very inviting and comfortable with a private patio, fish tank and family style dining room.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing, Tara! Our goal is always to provide red carpet service and hospitality to all who enter our community. It sounds like we've reached that goal! We appreciate this feedback!

My favorite of all the faci...

My favorite of all the facilities toured. Cindy was very respectable and helpful.

Kayle Neegaard

We are so happy to hear your experience was a good one. It is always our goal to offer red carpet service and hospitality!

Very nice place.They where very helpf...

Very nice place.They where very helpful.

Kayle Neegaard

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for sharing!

Sunset Park Place Retirement Community is conveniently located in a quiet residential valley in the heart of the growing Tri-State area (Iowa/Wisconsin/Illinois), close to area hospitals, medical clinics and shopping. We have been an established presence in eastern Iowa since 1996, providing quality care and outstanding service to our residents.

Our six acre campus boasts a main building with 55 assisted living apartments including 9 apartments in our secured Alzheimer's/Dementia unit, Weland Gardens. We also have 8 lovely Town Homes for care-free independent living.

Our main building is "Home Sweet Home" to the married, widowed, or single...independent, frail or mobility disabled. The residents in our Assisted Living Apartments may simply need help with meals, mobility, housekeeping and the challenges of everyday living or may experience mild memory disorders with dementia or Alzheimer's.

Sunset Park Place offers our residents INDIVIDUALIZED SERVICE PLANS. We are committed to meeting the special physical, mental and emotional needs of each individual with a "custom-design" approach. Our professionally itemized service plans are need-based, offering considerable savings over traditional long-term care housing plans with expensive, all-inclusive levels of care.

Sunset Park Place is dedicated to providing a quality, caring, enjoyable, home-like environment for residents, families and employees that promotes independence, dignity and growth opportunities through a supportive team approach.