Pinicon Place - Anamosa, IA

Pinicon Place - Anamosa, IA has yet not published prices.

Wow! True kindness

I visited Pinicon to see if they could help us in the search to find a place for my mom. It turned out that they weren’t the right fit for us, but that didn’t stop the nice gal from taking a lot of time with us to lead us on the right path. She even gave me her cell and said to call if the places she referred didn’t work out. Thank you!!! We greatly appreciate your hardwork and dedication.

I would not want to be anywhere else!

I have lived here for eight and a half years and would not want to be anywhere else. I don’t have anything to worry about anymore. I don’t have to cook or shop for groceries anymore. The meals are great, and if I want something different than what is being served all I have to do is order something else! I have my privacy in my own room and my own bathroom. My room is my home and even though it’s not my house, I have everything I need here. If I want to go to another room to watch tv, I can do that. I just love being here. I don’t have to clean anymore and I love that. It’s so nice and clean here and my family is so glad I’m here, too!

I love living at Pinicon Place

I love living at Pinicon Place. It is the attitude of the staff from management to the care team that makes Pinicon Place great. I have a feeling of security here; and even more importantly, I feel like I am wanted and not a burden to anyone.
Anytime I am out of my room, I get greeted by everyone I meet. There is always a smile on their faces while they greet me. That attitude starts at the top and works its way down. The leaders of Pinicon Place are all very personable and skilled at the handling of the elderly. The people who live here with me come from a time when we respected and honored our elders. We also took care of the belongings we had and took pride in everything from how we looked to what we do. That is how I feel Pinicon Place is operated. There is a level of pride here that makes me feel like I belong.
Another thing that makes Pinicon Place great is the entertainment. Almost every hour there is something to do. It could be anything from something musical to bingo or a craft. We even go on outings and that brings me to another point. Here at Pinicon Place my loved one does not have to take off from work to take me to local appointments. With the Pinicon Place van, they can stay at work and Pinicon place can get me to and from my appointments. We also go places like the theatre, lunches and more.
One of the outstanding things about Pinicon Place is the Chef. [Removed] is gifted at being able to come up with different kinds of foods and presenting it in a different kind of way. He also does a meeting once a month so he can find out what we like and what we do not like so we can have the meals we want. He does his best to accommodate all our wishes. That is truly wonderful! Almost as wonderful as the made to order breakfasts we get to enjoy every day! I so appreciate the fact that we can have anything we want for breakfast from bacon and eggs with toast to simple cereal or oatmeal.
Pinicon Place also has a room for every budget. They go from smaller rooms to more spacious rooms. They even have a bedroom with a living room. No matter what you are looking for in space, Pinicon Place has the option for you.
I have so enjoyed living at Pinicon Place! I thank them so much for making me feel like I am wanted and appreciating me!

It is home!

I have been made to feel very comfortable here. Staff has been so accommodating. It is truly home for me. I have a feeling that each and every one of the staff truly care and want to do everything they can to make my life better. I cannot say anything other than how great it is here.

Not a good fit for us

We are in the memory care unit it is a locked facility and I got kicked out because the staff brought in a boyfriend and I asked him to leave my wifes home. He didn't belong there if he didn't have family there. They have great caregivers and it is nice and clean. They try to engage her to join the daily activities. The management leaves something to be desired.

“ Treat me like a Queen”

My Mom loves her room at Pinicon Place, It is a very clean, bright and a very friendly place.
It is fun to visit her, she has been In other facilities that were not like Pinicon and it was not pleasant to visit.
My Mom loves that she doesn’t have to cook, clean or do laundry and she loves doing activities with the other residents/friends.
It is so sweet, the residents all look out for each other, and make sure they are going to eat or activities.
My Mom feels very special being able to get her hair and nails done once a week, she feels like a queen.
You see my Mom worked very hard on the farm, most of the time did her own hair and very rarely until her senior years was able to have her nails painted, due to chores.
Our family very much appreciates the care and concern that is shown to our Mom at Pinicon.
If you ask her any given day, she will say “They treat me like a Queen”, and we could not be happier!

Treat Me Like a Queen

Communication, respect, fondness

Pinicon Place staff truly make this facility work for its residents. We have always found the facility to be very clean. That's so important. And our family member seems to be very busy all the time and that is very beneficial too. There are little things that slip through the cracks once in a while. Mostly that happens as staff changes. And yet on the other hand, sometimes those staff changes make things better in some way. Older folks for the most part do not like change. That is a given. We as a family try to promote with the Pinicon staff in Anamosa that we look at their efforts for our loved one to be a 'true teamwork effort' with us. It is so true that it takes all of us communicating helpfully and respectfully and fondly. Thank you very much to the Anamosa Pinicon staff for your care of our loved one. She has blossomed in the year and a half she's been your resident.

Pinicon Place - Best Decision We made for our Loved one.

Moving our loved one to Pinicon Place was one of the best decisions we made. We were so nervous at first not knowing what to expect, especially after we knew she would need to be placed in the Memory Care Unit but we took the advice of the staff there and realize now that this was the best place for her to be. The staff has been amazing and always keeps us informed of how our loved one is doing when we're not there. I've come to know the staff there and many of them call me by name when I come in so having that connection has been wonderful. Just knowing that our loved one is being so well taken care of when we can't be there has taken a huge weight off our shoulders. The newsletter they put out every month has also been great to keep our family informed of all the activities they have for the residents there. Once in awhile we'll see a picture of our loved one involved in some activity in the newsletter and so that really makes us feel great knowing that she's keeping busy while she's there and making new friends. I would totally recommend Pinicon Place if you're looking for a Care Center for your loved one. Like I said earlier, it was the best decision we made.

Dad's time at Pinicon

My mother was the caregiver in the family. When she passed away we realized the severity of dad's dementia. She always covered for him. We had to find somewhere to place dad so he would be well cared for. In the next week we were checking out assisted living homes in Cedar Rapids, Marion, and Anamosa. When we got to Pinicon Place we just knew it was the atmosphere for dad. We met with the manager at the time and the head nurse. We checked out the facility and its residents. Everyone appeared to be comfortable and at home. We were sold. The next couple of years dad enjoyed having his own space, talking to the other "guys" and eating good meals. As his dementia became more debilitating he was moved into the Memory Care unit. It provided a safe atmosphere for dad. Dad was a favorite of the staff, even if he was a "salty" character. I have always appreciated the care he received, the concern for his welfare and the consistent updates. Thanks

Mom loved living at PP!

While I can't speak for changes during the last year after mom passed away, my mom loved living at Pinicon Place for over seven years. The staff were always helpful and respectful. Mom considered many of the staff as good friends. I also received a lot of support from Administrators [removed] and [removed]. And I can't thank them enough for their care they provided when my mom's health declined during her last couple of months.

Mom loved visiting with other residents living at Pinicon Place. She thoroughly enjoyed doing crafts (especially making decorations for various holidays), participating in exercises and playing Bingo. I will never forget the times they played Hallway Bowling. Mom would laugh every time she talked about knocking down the pins!

There was a lot of renovation that was done the last two years mom lived at Pinicon Place. New floors, roof repair, carpeting, redoing the dining room and updating the furnishings. Unlike other assisted living units I toured, I always thought Pinicon Place was noticeably cleaner and I always felt welcomed as I visited the facility. If a parent can no longer live at home, as with my mom's situation, I would highly recommend checking out Pinicon Place.

A home away from home

I believe the care mother received was good, but not consistently good. She complained about the weekend staff and some of the evening staff being short with her. During the day when I visited, everyone was friendly, and helpful. There were good activities for the very able. But, anyone who needed assistance didn't have as many choices, @ for Bingo. Part of mother's issues were lack of motivation to participate. I believe if Sunday services were provided each Sunday, that would have helped a lot.
Medically, things were addressed if I brought anything to the nursing staff's attention.
I appreciated Pinicon Place willingness to keep mother there up to the end of her life. Hospice helped with that. However, mother's final fall left doubts in my heart of the attentiveness by staff. Otherwise, it was a very good place. I thank them for working with our family,

Caution

My mother likes life at Pin. Place. The staff seems sincerely interested and attentive to the residents (typical Iowa goodness). The food is much better in April 2017 up from darn awful. The weakness of the place is the health care. They miss things. I pity those without family to keep an eye on them. Administrators have been unresponsive to family communications. Their service is good but they've gotten fat and lazy.

5 Stars!!

My grandmother is in a great community. Her meals are nutritious and tasty. Her bedroom as well as the community have been up-kept and maintained clean. The staff are friendly and attentive to her care needs. Activities are offered on site as well for the residents. I would recommend a tour of this community to friends and family.

They need more consistency

When we moved my parents in there we had no one to greet us and give us an orientation. We didn't know how the laundry worked or what time meals were. That was hard because I had to figure out everything. We were just left there sitting and not knowing what to do. The elevator has been broken for 2 weeks. We're stuck upstairs because my dad can't use the stairs. The medications seem to come a different time everyday. There is no set time. My dad needs his pain medication before he goes to sleep. Everything else has been good. The staff seems nice. They just need more consistency.