Sunrise of Windsor - Windsor, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Clean Friendly environment. Lots of amenities and a fabulous view. the staff really made me feel at home and the atmosphere was very caring

Sunrise is just beautiful. My sister and |I were very impressed. We will certainly keep it in mind although we would like something closer to west side or LaSalle On.

Beautiful setting. Outastanding lunch was served to us.Staff seemed very friendly. Just a little further from my house than I prefer. I live in South Windsor and I want to see Mom everyday.

Sunrise is more to my taste. I loved how organized they are. I plan to revisit there again as well.
There is an issue that has come to my attention and that is, I make most of my own meal fresh daily. I discussed with [Removed] (Director of Sales) the possibility of being able to make my own meals when I prefer. They may be able to accommodate me.
A though that has come to mind. Are there smaller facilities out there that are more like a home setting where I could have a 1 bedroom with private washroom and living room, where I could prepare my own meals when I wish?
Maybe I could do a better job of explaining this on the phone.

Regards,
[Removed]

A Caring Place

My sister and brother-in-law moved to Sunrise within the last months. She to recover from a broken hip and he because his mobility issues were beyond what she could handle with her own recovery. He moved from an extremely bad Windsor facility and was very happy in his bright room at Sunrise overlooking the river. They were both pleased with the care they experienced at Sunrise. Unfortunately he suffered complications from a stroke and passed away on Friday. The staff have been caring, comforting and compassionate with my sister. She is overwhelmed with their understanding and concern for her well being. We travelled to Windsor and spent time at Sunrise with my sister. We were invited to have lunch with her while in Windsor and enjoyed our meals together. The staff were kind and considerate. We were impressed with their caring ways and thank them most sincerely for helping us through a difficult time. We are encouraging our sister to remain at Sunrise until her hip is completely healed so she will continue to receive excellent care and balanced meals.

Great Experience (so far) in all aspects!

All I can say for now is that our experience in getting my mother a room was fantastic. She will be moving in within the next few weeks, so I can not rate the care services or activities yet. My mother fell in love with Sunrise immediately. She loves the light coming in from all the many windows, the lunch we had was delicious, the staff we encountered went out of their way to make us feel like "family", mom also loved the "homey" feel and coziness of the common areas. Her room is not huge, however, we think it will be plenty big enough for her needs. My mother is very independent as of right now so her cost is on the lowest scale. We felt it was a safer place for her than her home where she still lived alone, she is 83. Cooking was becoming more and more of a burden and we were finding she would not want to make a "real" meal and make frozen Mac-N-Cheese often. My mom is a bit sad and nervous, as are we, that she will be leaving her home after 50 or more years. The next month or so will undoubtedly be very difficult however we still think it is the best option.
For my mom, the monthly cost will be a challenge but we are considering renting her simple house to off-set her costs at Sunrise.
Deborah from "A Place For Mom" was soooo helpful to me in all aspects of this whole process. I am so glad to have met her (by phone). We have had hour long conversations about family and what are the best options for "My Mother"! I feel that I can call Deborah MY friend.
Paul from Sunrise was also fantastic. (I think my mom has a crush on him.) He led us though the process of getting mom a room and helping her to understand the financial end of things. She is still very determined to understand and be a part of the decisions that need to be made. Paul spoke to my mother with respect at all times. He was understanding and compassionate!
So far GREAT is all I can say.

Would not recommend to anyone.Nothing like what they tell you.

My parents have lived there 5 months. There cost has doubled. My mother has never been this sick and we originally went in for care for dad. I would never recommend this place. Food is the same. Activities are terrible and the same all the time. People are sitting around doing nothing. No parking
Not sure how other families deal with the cost, but look at your invoices. 5 months and none have been right. Now they insist on administering their meds and they can't even have rub for sore muscles, cough medicine, cream for eczema. So disappointed in this place and will be moving them out asap so they don't run out of money.

very unhappy with costly care

VERY COSTLY They get you in and then within a couple months the price sky rockets with "extra care..." they think family member needs but oh wait it will cost you $$$$ per month.
Not happy at all. If we can move mom we will. Its all about money
Activities are the same all the time and residents are just sitting around falling asleep. bingo during day, movie at night. woohoo
What happened to activities that get seniors excited, keep their minds going, laughing ......

Our mom has received exceptionally friendly, highly personal service in the beautiful environment which Sunrise provides. The peace of mind in knowing that all her needs are met in such a caring, respectful, lovely senior living community is invaluable. The staff are all compassionate and thoughtful, dedicated, wonderful people and our family feels truly blessed to be part of such a caring community.

This is a place for mom!

The staff that takes care of mom Nicole, Debby, Brandi, Michelle and a couple other ladies (I apologize I don't remember all their names, but want them recognized) are more than wonderful!
Mom's Case Manager Jennifer Cox and Tracey, plus the Nursing team Erin, Lily, Ashley (I know I am forgetting one more of the nurses, I think his name was David, he was new to the home) are more than awesome!
Delores and Rene are so sweet!
The Welcoming Staff Joanne, Miranda, and all that attend the front desk are always happy to see us!
Even the kitchen staff try to accommodate mom's food choices. The food always looks and smells fresh. Mom even gets excited about her meal that day.
We can rest easy everyday because we are assured that mom is being taken care of properly like we would do if we could.
We are grateful for such a loving and caring team!
Thank you!

Directly located on majestic Riverside Drive East, directly across the street from The Peace Fountain and Coventry Gardens. Sunrise of Windsor is located between Pilette and Buckingham (streets). Belle Isle- is located in Michigan and is part of the Metro Detroit area- we can see Belle Isle and hear their church bells here at Sunrise of Windsor, Ontario. Our location is fantastic for viewing the largest fireworks display in North America- The International Freedom Festival- which is shared/on the border of Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan. Our location is just a short drive to the Via Rail Train Station. People choose Sunrise because of our Mission: To Champion the Quality of Life for All Seniors; Our Principles of Service: Preserving Dignity, Nurturing the Spirit, Celebrating Individuality, Enabling Freedom of Choice, Encouraging Independence, Involving Family and Friend; Our Core Values: Passion, Joy in Service, Stewardship, Respect, Trust; and Our Foundational Belief: Belief in the Sacred Value of Human Life.