Sunrise of Baton Rouge - Baton Rouge, LA

Staff is caring and respectful

I like this facility because they give my mom a lot of attention. The staff members here are personable, caring, and respectful. For activities they offer things like baking clubs, bingo, and movie nights. The building itself is clean and well maintained. However, it is 20 years old and starting to show its age. The food here is excellent and my Mother raves about it. I like that they offer a lot of local dishes and food. I would recommend this facility to other families.

I'm so grateful to have found Sunrise of Baton Rouge!

The moment I walked into Sunrise I felt like I was home. My dad and I are treated like family. The employees and volunteers are kind, thoughtful, cheerful and caring. The food and dining experience is superb. I live out of state and communication is very important to me. I never have difficulty reaching staff and getting updates. They call me with any changes or needs. After 6 weeks, I remain pleased with everything!

Care and comfort

I like the care from this community for assisted living. We liked the activities directors. The aides were good and caring. The meals were really good and she did like to participate with the other residents. The community was clean and well maintained. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one. Some small improvements could help with some of the staff.

Very nice community!!

The community was beautiful and very well maintained. The staff was friendly during our tour and gave my loved one and I a lot of useful information. I did think the price way way to costly for the size of the studio they offered.

Everyone at Sunrise has been so nice and helpful. The staff has been so patient during my Father's adjustment period.

I would recommend Sunrise of Baton Rouge!!!

The staff at Sunrise have been great. They help my mom to get involved in some of the activities. She likes to go on walks and has attended a church service. She likes the food and I am pleased with the menu. She is still adjusting to being there but she has made friends and I think this will help with her adjustment.

Find another place!!!

Both of my parents were there. Poor call returns from staff nurses, administration and team leaders. The food was terrible!! The menu was not appropriate nor healthy for the elderly population they serve. Examples of the food were: frozen cheese pizza, hot dogs, chicken breast sandwiches (chicken was 2" thick), dry turkey, some brown/grey colored soup they insisted was vegetable but had no resemblance of vegetable soup, lots and lots of chicken.....I could go on and on about the poor food choices. Definitely need a new chef!! Often ran out of food items like ice cream, soft drinks and juices. How do you run out of items when someone is paying as much as they paid to live there. Some of the staff were excellent while others were cold hearted and just there for a paycheck. Another issue there is their resident pet. It is an over sized dog that plopped itself down in the lobby. Residents, visitors and family have to walk around this monument of a dog. He was a true tripping hazard for the residents. The dog is also bipolar....one day he would greet you like your his long lost friend the next day he was barking at you. I did hear they went up in cost after we left----definitely not getting the best care for your bucks here!!

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at [removed] so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Review of Sunrise of Baton Rouge - Baton Rouge, LA

we were able to re-schedule our tour for Thursday 317 at 1000 am. I wish we could afford to place my husbands mother here. The staff was extremely friendly the facility was very clean and it was quite pretty. Unfortunately we cannot afford to place her here. Wish we could...

Look Elsewhere! Bait and Switch!

This facility takes advantage of residents. The Resident Care Director has used a clause in the contract to raise care rates for my mother without input or authorization from my mother or me and refuses to comply with instructions. He states, "I am not required to obtain a families approval when it comes to changing care per resident agreement article 1 section F". The rate has more than tripled with an increase of $1500+ per month within 5 months. Further, it appears my mother is being charged for services not received, based upon our observation and commentary from Sunrise aides. It appears the Resident Care Director just wants to increase profit for the business without regard to my mother. I strongly suggest you look elsewhere for an assisted living facility.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so we may learn more and follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

super pleased

My mother in law is living at Sunrise of Baton Rouge and I have really been super pleased with everybody there. They have done everything possible to make her feel at home. I could not have asked for a better place. They have really gone above and beyond. They are always checking on her. She has been a little stubborn in saying she does not want to stay there and wants to go back home, but as far as I am concerned, she is in the best place she could possibly be.

Sunrise did not have very good care.

Sunrise did not have very good care. They were also pretty expensive. We have moved and now are paying less and getting better care. There are other options, and this is not the best.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

It was expensive, but not as expensive as most of the places

We toured here when we were looking for options. It was nice and they were friendly. It was expensive, but not as expensive as most of the places. Residents were in one room singing.

We toured this. Very nice.

Everything was fine. It was comfortable, they have been very good.

Everything was fine. It was comfortable, they have been very good. There really isn't anything that I can think of that I would like to see improved or done better.