Starlight Care Home - West Covina, CA

Looks can be deceiving!

We are not happy and very disgusted with this community. The tour was great and we thought that this would be great for my loved one. Instead I see aides sitting around watching television while my loved one is screaming in his room for help. They always turn off all the lights at 6 pm. I feel that, that is to early for everyone to have to go to sleep. They do not do any activities with the residents they keep them in there beds all day long. To say the lease we are trying to find another place.

A nice place t live

I really like the atmosphere here. The staff was nice and caring and answered all of our questions. They had activities for good participation for others. Very clean and well taken care of. I would recommend families to see this great place .

Review of Starlight Care Home - West Covina, CA

1st impression on entry not good with the large front yard overgrown with weeds. Greeted by young caregiver who informed me she already had several residents in wheelchairs and might be too much for her. Toured with the site manager Rebecca. House looked clean but saw several large and small roaches on kitchen walls and cabinets. The toilet chairs in both bathrooms looked old and rusty. I felt very uncomfortable throughout this visit. Too many red flags

I've taken the tour. Overal...

I've taken the tour. Overall, it is fine. It is shared room. I'd like to take a look at the single room as well as. Also, I'd like to take a look larger kind of facility just to compare.

Give the elderly member of your family the care they need at Starlight Care Home. Located in sunny West Covina, Calif., this assisted living facility cares for a maximum of six patients at a time to ensure each senior citizen gets the care they need. Typically, the minimum age for patients is 60, but this age requirement is waived if your parent's needs match those that are provided. No matter how much assistance your loved one needs with daily activities, Starlight Care Homes' staff is happy to help. This senior living community provides help with dressing, restroom use, medication dispensing, the scheduling of medical appointments and more. Housekeeping services keep your parent's room tidy without them having to risk a fall by cleaning up themselves. Laundry services provide clean, folded clothes for the elderly member of your family. There are on-site activities each week for the residents of Starlight Care Home. This keeps minds active and bodies moving. The assisted living facility offers complimentary transportation for all of the senior citizens in its care, so going to an off-site appointment is never an issue. Should a medical emergency arise, Methodist Hospital of Southern California is located approximately 3 miles away. Each room at this facility offers a private bathroom, and the showers are wheelchair accessible, so everyone has the opportunity to use them. The apartment-like rooms provide a homey feel in a setting that gives your loved one all of the care they need. Three meals are provided each day, and snacks are available throughout the day, as well. Make your parent's life as easy and comfortable as possible by choosing Starlight Care Home.