Amazing Place

My father passed away a few months ago from cancer. Our family, including my beloved father, had just moved to Hawaii and didn't know he was ill until the end, but neither we nor the medical facilities on our area were able to handle his needs. We were forced to look elsewhere to provide for him.

My mother, his wife, was buried in California, and he wanted to return to California to be near his friends and his wife. We did not have any family in California, but a very good friend suggested we call Judy. From the moment I spoke with Judy, I could tell she was genuinely concerned for her patients.

We have had several friends who have entrusted their loved ones to Judy, and like us, would show up at random, unexpected times to visit. In my experience and theirs, the place was always spotlessly clean. The patients were always happy and had their needs met. My father was even given pedicures! The food always looked delicious. My father loved oatmeal, and Melinda was always willing to make it for him.

The caregivers he had, Edmund and Melinda, are rare people. We were always a six hour flight away and so couldn't care for his needs, and this was very troubling for us. Judy assisted us with hospice and medication, and always with such patience. She was a gem in a very trying time and took on the burden we couldn't.

When my sweet father passed away suddenly, we took the first flight to California, but since our flight was delayed for several hours, we didn't make it in time for his passing. Judy and her staff waited patiently for us to get there so that we would not have to see him in the morgue first. They always showed my father such great respect, and this didn't change with his death.

We are humbled to have found a place like St. Jude's so that we could meet his dying wishes and help his life end as comfortably as possible. St. Jude's has been an absolute blessing to us.

We thoroughly appreciated the staff, at Queen of the Angels.

We thoroughly appreciated the staff, at Queen of the Angels. I stayed overnight for a few days and witnessed such good care by the staff. It would have been a little more beneficial if there was a little more social engagement. The food was good. We loved the Mcgee family, and all of their locations were top notch.

One of the most difficult problems facing our nation today is elderly care. Our loved ones are left with few options in old age. We at St. Jude’s have experienced first hand the trials of finding a humane, dignified, and spiritual lifestyle for our loved ones.
Our mother and grandmother suffered from Alzheimer’s disease. Searching for help, we experienced most facilities to be sterile and institutionalized and having only their basic needs met.
We discovered a wonderful “Home” for the elderly that provided her with care, which we had hoped and dreamed. This experience inspired us to create St. Jude’s Homes for the Elderly. St. Jude’s now has four homes and the first one has been dedicated to our mother and grandmother. We call it Toni’s Place. In her honor, we vow to provide a holistic approach to caring for our loved ones:
We provide a warm, positive environment in a family home setting.
We view each person with a genuine concern in which his or her physical, emotional and spiritual needs are met.
We have great success in non-responsive residents with a lot of love and individual attention.
Laughing, praying and singing! That is what you will hear upon entering ”St. Jude’s Elder Care”.