Somerford Place Roseville - Roseville, CA

Wonderfull, great staff, my brother, [name removed], is going to go check it out.

The staff addresses concerns quickly

This facility has been outstanding. This was the first community I looked at and the one I kept going back to. I just feel like all of my concerns that I've brought forward, they have been addressed and taken care of. Since my Aunt has moved in, everything is going very well. All of the staff members are friendly and personable. They not only know my Aunt's name, but they know my name. I also like that all of the staff members have been there for over 10 years. The facility itself is very clean and they are actually planning on doing a remodel soon. I would really recommend this facility.

A tour for comfort and care

We toured this community for the care of my father. We wanted a small community for care. The staff was nice and helpful. They offer a nice variety of activities for the residents who are able to participate. The community is clean and would recommend families to tour this community for the options that are available.

The ambience of this facility was not as fresh inviting as other facilities, however we liked the staff very much. Also, we were informed that they are beginning a major remodeling project since a new company recently took over. Pricing was very reasonable, and I expect it will increase when the improvements are made.

Match Making Facility

I for one had a very bad experience, during the time my husband was there. First of all every time I went to visit my husband, he was always pushing the same female resident around the facility and, calling her by my name.The problem with this is my husband is Passive Aggressive, meaning if anyone was in his way while he was pushing her he would just run them down. Also he is very unstable walking and, always uses a walker but, he leaves his walker to push the female resident which is a safety,volatation Also while I was searching for his clothes in his dresser I found 2 pocket knives, another safety issue. He was there seven months and no one thought to check and see what was in his chest of drawers. Other patients were allowed to wander in and out each others rooms, any one of them could have found those knives.
Then I find out that even though they are aware of his Diabetes, they never gave him his special diet for Diabetics, they stated that everyone gets the same thing to eat at every meal. And I found out that the only time that his blood sugar level was checked was when he went to his DR. appointments.
When I brought these concerns to Human Resources there reply was; Patients Bill of Rights with that smirk on her face.
When I was picking him up because, we were moving him out, my daughter stated to the nurse, well I guess that female resident will be lonely now ,and she said oh no we have her lined up with someone else.
So if that someone else is your husband be ready for a big heart break. I have Congestive Heart Failure, and this whole ordeal just about did me in .
So the bottom line is that this facility is playing Match Maker, to make their job easier by, someone else occupying this resident.
[Removed]
I paid alot of out of pocket money a month, and this type of care is not acceptable. they also said that it is ok for the residents to interact this way because she is single and has Alzheimers.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and resident care and safety and comfort are our top priorities. I think that we could set your mind at ease regarding these concerns by reviewing care plans and our policies with you and your daughter. We do provide specialized diets, but we are also obligated to follow physician-directed orders when it comes to specific care issues. I also want to assure you that when our care staff initially puts away resident's belongings -- as well as when laundry is done on a weekly basis -- we ensure that there are no unsafe items in resident rooms. Lastly, while our residents do form relationships with their neighbors it is always on a friendship level. Please contact me at the community to discuss this in more detail, and we wish your husband well in his new setting closer to other family members.

A day at somerford

I've been very pleased with some ford place until today when I realized my brother had not changed his shirt for 4 days or more and it was not even his shirt nor had he had a shower for over a week because he would not accept a shower from a woman. it seems the aides are rather inexperienced in dealing with these problems and today there was only one aide in the garden area for 14 patients and she was supposed to have the day off.p

Five Star Reviews

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and for helping your brother make the transition to our community. It was also a pleasure speaking with you directly regarding your concerns. At Somerford Place, as you would expect, we desire to exceed the expectations of our residents and families and I apologize that your initial experience did not meet that standard. Per our conversation, the situation has been resolved and I am confident that we can provide the lifestyle and care for your brother that meets and hopefully exceeds your expectations. Thanks again for your feedback. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the community. Kind regards, Margaret A.

The value is outstanding

I love Someford Place Roseville. The value is outstanding. They have more activities than any of the other places that we checked with. I am responsible for medication, clothing, and pull ups, etc. I just bought her some pull ups and they seem to be missing. I am going to talk to them about that today because I am not sure what is happening. That's really the only issue I have had here. Overall it has been a really good experience.

Cannot Say Much Just Yet

I really cannot say a whole lot about the place right now, it is just too soon to tell on a lot of things. There have been a few issues so far with my loved one, but the response of the caregivers has been immediate and we were informed right away.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Somerford Place of Roseville. While we are pleased that the caregivers have responded promptly, we would like to also ensure that any other issues are being addressed. My door is always open, please reach out to me. Best, Judy Rodrigues, Executive Director.

We Love It

We walk into the area and there is no odor and my loved one is always clean, which is a big thing for us. And I have been there for some of the meals and they look like big healthy meals. We looked at a couple places, and this one jumped out at as right from the start.

good except for their diabetic care

I was under the impression that they handle diabetics (which they do to a degree) but they do not have a dietitian on staff and as such do not have diabetic meals prepared.

They have done really well with everything else. The people there are all really nice and helpful. Everything has been great except for their diabetic care.

It's such a dark place, they said they were keeping stimulation down but it's just creating a depressive atmosphere.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to write a review about Somerford Place of Roseville. For more than 12 years, Somerford Place of Roseville has specialized in the areas of dementia care and memory loss. We have high expectations for care delivery and customer service. The health and welfare of our residents and peace of mind of our families are of the utmost importance to us. You are correct in your observations about the lighting in our community. The lights do become dimmer as you enter the houses to create a cozy home-like atmosphere for our residents. Because our comprehensive activity programming includes live entertainment, games, socials, pet therapy, music, etc. the main area of our building can be very stimulating. With that in mind, we have designed the individual houses, where their bedrooms and dining are located, to be more peaceful and calming. I encourage you to come back and visit our community again. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you so much for your consideration. Margaret Allison, Executive Director.

This Memory Care facility is very pretty and nicely decorated & landscaped, with 2 enclosed and nicely landscaped courtyards. An outdoor path allows residents to walk a loop within the fenced property. They use a Montessori approach to help the residents stay engaged in life with activities of daily living like sweeping the floor, doing as much of their own self-care as possible, etc. Margaret gave me a tour and is very professional and experienced in working with the elderly, including those with Alzheimers. The activity schedule looks good and I'd like to come back to observe some activities. Most of the rooms are private rooms and are roomy and well-designed (with the toilet easily visible from the bed, for example, to allow residents to stay continent as long as possible).

Mom's new home

Love that they encouraged us to customize her room to her liking, we hung pictures, hat hooks and her favorite Knick-Knack shelf full of her things. The care givers are always available to call, just to check in with to see how she's doing. They will help her with the phone when she wants to call out or she gets a call. Happy, friendly small community feel.

Somerford, a caring environment.

My family member has been at Somerford for 7 months as a resident. My assessment of the facility is very favorable. I visit almost every day and can see in the daily activities the interaction of the staff. There is such a personal and patient response from the caregivers to each one of the residents. I have personally observed how their patience and skilled response calms situations. They are in tune to each and everyone's special needs and respond accordingly. There are daily activities and exercise programs to keep the residences stimulated. The residences are encouraged to mingle and this seems to help in establishing friendships.
I found this the best place for my family member of all the facilities that I have seen

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. We are very happy with them. It's clean and the staff is friendly. We haven't had any complaints about them and my husband loves them.

NO thankd

Somerford place calls itself asst living but it seems more like skilled nursing. Almost all the patients are in wheelchairs with walking people wandering the halls. It seems like there are too many patients per staff also. The people working the rooms seem rushed. The place also smells like pee. Some patients were yelling at people.The person selling the room acted like everything was just tine and I had a hard time believeing what she was telling me. The people in the activity area were playing a TV game where most of the patients looked bored. The person playing the game had fun but no one else. It is also very expensive. Also the place looks dirty and smelly.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to provide excellent care in an environment with all of the warmth and hospitality of home. We scrutinize ourselves daily as part of our efforts to achieve the high standards and personal touch that we expect of Somerford Place of Roseville. Likewise, we ask our residents and families for their invaluable input through a variety of venues. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would love to get a better sense of what, specifically, you may have observed so we can address and correct any issues.

Warm Regards,
Margaret Allison

Somerford Place --- Outstanding!

Somerford Place in Roseville has superior staff that is respectful and kind to the residents, their family and friends.

My father (Leon ‘Ray’ Rhea) had attended the day program previously.

Now that his memory issues have progressed, he lives in a shared room at Somerford Place, though he currently doesn’t have a roommate. The staff understands memory loss/changes/progression, and work to stimulate the resident appropriately and individually based on their needs.

If you have a family member with memory issues, this is a 'peace of mind' place that honors, stimulates, cares for, and loves your family member, like they were their family. They engage the resident 7 days a week in daily activities appropriate to the individual. You will not find your family member sad or alone.

Everything from nursing, general hygiene, meals, exercise, activities, mind stimulation, and simple conversations (though sometimes one sided) helps honor and respect the resident.

I thank God for Somerford Place for my dad.

Liked the smaller eating ar...

Liked the smaller eating areas that were very kitchen like, did not like the out of room shower rooms, the curtains on the bathrooms. Did not like the worn look of the facility but the staff seemed pleasant and helpful

Very nice place! LVN's and RN's on st...

Very nice place! LVN's and RN's on staff 24/7. Also, they will feed the patients, take them around in their wheel chairs, etc. if they cannot move around thereselves. Very carring atmostpher. Nice yard. They BBQ, and have lots of events. Works with Kaiser, and can provide transportation to and from Dr. Appts. I am approx. 5 mins. from the place too.

Part of a community called Five Star,...

Part of a community called Five Star, specializes in memory care only, doesn't look like AL

Tour completed. Impressive!

Tour completed. Impressive!

Nice place not an affordable one for ...

Nice place not an affordable one for my dad.

For over 14 years, we have differentiated ourselves by specializing in the care of those with memory impairment. Our interior is designed to allow residents to securely navigate throughout their home.

Our four cottage-style neighborhoods feature shared and private rooms, skylights to minimize sundowning; two beautifully landscaped, interior courtyards to promote a sense of freedom and to promote a comfortable environment. We also offer the award winning Bridge to Rediscovery Program.

These features are only part of what makes us special. To this end, interior hallways are designed to encourage residents to securely find their way from point to point, and level, clear paths wind their way through the lush community gardens, encouraging exercise. Stop by to meet our trained dementia care staff and experience the unique setting that our residents call home.