Serra Mesa Guest Home I - San Diego, CA

Short term stay . . .

My father-in-law lived at this board and care home for about 6 weeks. He is bed-ridden and required full time care due to a number of health issues, including a memory care issue. The staff members were very kind and treated him very well. My father-in-law was unable to participate in any activities because of his medical status. Unfortunately, the cost became prohibitive for us and we decided to have him live with us and supply in home care services for him. The Sierra Mesa Guest Home has 5 rooms and is very clean and welcoming. My wife and I would recommend this home to others.

Met director. Started with 3008 Melbo...

Met director. Started with 3008 Melbourne, one of their other properties. 6 beds. Same street as Mission Home IV. Neighborhood not very attractive but house is nice - has decent landscaping and curb appeal. Director seems professional, and knowledgeable about dementia care. Regular (basic) activity program - exercise daily, music therapy 1-2x/month, a few other things. Very nice patio/back yard area, would be lovely place to spend warm days. Private room $3500-4000/mo. Second choice: 8693 Celestine - similar size, services. Better neighborhood than 3008 Melbourne, including large park at end of block; not as attractive a house, but still ok. Residents seem younger here. Back patio ok but not as inviting as 3008 Melbourne.