Gold Canyon Care Home - San Diego, CA

Weirdly painted exterior. Great views and I liked the dog. I think that Mom would fit in quite nicely.

Wonderful care

My Mother has been at this care home for almost 2 years.
I couldn't be happier. My Mother is always clean and dressed well. The food is better than at my house! It's good for my Mom because it's homey and not like a hospital. They are warm and caring. I am thankful everyday that I found this place!!!

Coming from a large family, this place felt like it had a lot of the same dynamics that a large house would have which was very comfortable for me, but may not be for others. There were clients of varying degrees of dementia and there seemed to be some immediate options of entertainment for them. This property is a house and [Removed] and his family were very friendly and helpful with information about the senior living (he teaches a class about it in the city). I am of the earthy type, so I was happy to see the chickens and various plants growing around the house, especially the grapes, yellow onions and sapote plants.The canyon in the back was lovely, but I was worried that my wandering father might be able to jump over the fence, so I decided that this might not be the right place for him. The staff puts on lots of events and seems to make an effort to provide activities for the clients.

Not what my grandmother needed...

When we toured this home, we thought it was depressing. I'm sure it works for other people out there, but a residential home was not what we were looking for.

A family home

The caregivers at this community are great. They are attentive positive and like to have a good time. My loved one seems to enjoy the food and they have chickens so they get fresh eggs. They offer fresh fruits, vegetables and salads with each meal. They keep the home clean and I would recommend this care home.

Loving and Caring

From the first moment speaking with [Removed] on the phone, I could tell [Removed] and his staff would care for my Dad in a way I would.
The canyon lies right behind the home. They have chickens and other therapy animals. It is a beautiful, peaceful setting. The staff is loving and caring. I could tell by the other resident's faces that this is a happy place.
I would highly recommend [Removed] and his great staff.
[Removed]

I found this to be too far away from my Uncles life. Facility is nice for an older home, very clean. Also he would have to share a room

It's close by, but the neighborhood doesn't look that great

Gold Canyon

I moved my Mom into Gold Canyon in April
It was the perfect fit for us. Only 5 minutes away from me.
They have been great and I am very pleased. They have more activities than just sitting in front of a TV.
Meals are all homemade. Nice outdoor space on the canyon. Flowers everywhere in front. Nice family owned business.

dad enjoys it

They are just really good at making everyone there feel comfortable. The food also is really great. Dad really enjoys being there. It's been a very positive experience and I would highly recommend Gold Canyon Care Home.

Nice size rooms and common ...

Nice size rooms and common area. RN on site. Minimum shared room $1500 but to handle meds and assist with shower will be $1800