Serene Valley Assisted Living Home - Scottsdale, AZ

Getting Good Care

My friend is doing as well as he can here. The staff is taking very good care of him.They are very nice and kind and show affection towards the residents. We didn't expect him to do any of the activities they may offer due to his medical condition. I am sure the food is okay though he complains about it. I would recommend this community to anyone

Best It Is Going To Get

After moving from one community to another my mother seems to be doing ok. As with any move, there is an adjustment process and getting into some sort of routine. She is socializing at her own rate and doing things that are in her comfort zone and match her personality. The food is good. The staff is always kind and welcoming very friendly and helpful. The community is well maintained very clean, good lighting, the temperature is regulated well. Security does not seem to be an issue.

Paul was friendly and answered my questions well. The common area is open and welcoming. There is a patio out back and seating on the front porch as well. There is a service available for Doctors to visit their patients there in the care home. It looks well laid out and efficient.

Great

My father In Law was living here. He loved the place. This place was great.

very pleased

I am very pleased with Serene Valley Assisted Living Home. My wife had a stroke 12 years ago so she cannot participate in activities really and that is why I chose this facility. It is a 10 person care home. I feel like she would have gotten lost in a larger facility. It is small enough that she can do things she likes. The staff are absolutely wonderful. They are knowledgeable and caring. They call and keep informed any time something is going on. I made the right decision by choosing this facility. They keep her active with household duties which she enjoys and is able to do. I am very happy.

The Very Best

Serene Valley is a facility where we moved our Father, knowing we had found a place we could leave him with no guilt. We were happy to know he was being cared for by people who were as concerned for his wellbeing as we were. They took care of him like he was their Father too.

He was 92 and had Alzheimer's disease. We could stop in, unannounced, any time of the day and always felt welcome. He was bathed every day and was always up and dressed. When he could no longer feed himself, they fed him. One day I arrived and the aid was singing to him as she fed him dinner. I never saw any staff member sitting. They were happy and caring, always busy taking care of the residents. The facility is clean and smells good, unlike some of the Alzheimer's facilities we toured that looked and smelled like warehouses for the dying. The meals are prepared by the staff, not prepackaged or frozen food. Fresh fruits, vegetables and homemade soups, were always part of the meals.

When the end was near family members were in and out around the clock. We were always welcomed by caring concerned staff. They grieved with us when our Father passed away.