Serenades by Sonata - Memory Care at West Orange - Winter Garden, FL

Toured, nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Serenades looked like a very nice place, overall! All of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional, and the facility was clean and well kept. This was a little out of the way for us so we ended up selecting another community, but I'd say this one is worth a look!

Serenades by Sonata Winter Garden is awesome!

We are so very happy with Serenades by Sonata in Winter Garden, Fl.
The team is totally focused on providing excellent care 24/7.
I visit my Mom frequently and have a high degree of confidence in the entire staff.
I have had experience with several other assisted living facilities and they don't come close to the care at Serenades.

Margaret and her team deserve kudos for everything they do each and every day!!!

Serenades has been wonderful

My mom has been here a few months now and we have nothing but praise for Serenades. The staff is almost universally wonderful and they all provide great care for my mom. We choose Serenades because we have two friends who have a family member there and they gave Serenades high marks. We give it the same!

[removed]

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY!! BEWARE!!

I GIVE IT ONE STAR FOR MISMANAGEMENT AND POOR CNA ATTENTIVENESS, DON'T LET THE OUTWARD APPEARANCES FOOL YOU!!

EXPECT AN ADDITIONAL LEVEL OF SERVICE CHARGE THAT COSTS YOU MORE BUT DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY ADDITIONAL OR BETTER SERVICE!!

MANY TIMES THE FLOOR IS UNSUPERVISED OR UNATTENDED, EXPECT FREQUENT TURNOVER AND RESIDENT FALLS!!

FAILURE TO ORDER REQUIRED OR REQUESTED MEDICAL EQUIPMENT HAS RESULTED IN MULTIPLE HOSPITAL VISITS, BED FALLS, HEAD INJURIES, STITCHES AND BED SORES

CURRENTLY IN LITIGATION FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT RESULTING FROM BROOKE ELLIS', EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S RESPONSE TO IGNORE RATHER THAN SETTLE PROPERTY DAMAGE CLAIMS.

ALWAYS REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY NO MATTER HOW SMALL TO THE STATE OF FLORIDA GOVERNMENT AGENCIES! AHCA, DCF/APS, FLORIDA ELDER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT/FL OMBUDSMAN, CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL. KEEP ALL CONTACT INFORMATION IN YOUR CELL PHONE FOR QUICK RETRIEVAL AND ACCESS.

EXECUTIVE STAFF IS QUICK TO BLAME SUBORDINATES, OTHER MEDICAL SERVICE PROVIDERS, PATIENTS OR THEIR FAMILIES FOR ROUTINE PROBLEMS OR CRISIS SITUATIONS!

IF YOU HAVE AN IMMEDIATE CONCERN OR ISSUE, CONTACT THE WINTER GARDEN POLICE DEPARTMENT OR THE ORANGE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT AND DOCUMENT AN UNBIASED INCIDENT REPORT. YOU MAY NEED IT IF YOU NEED TO LITIGATE!!

KEEP A JOURNAL OF DAY, DATE AND TIME; AND TAKE PICTURES OF INCIDENTS AS THEY OCCUR.

PHOTOGRAPH AND RECORD ALL YOUR PERSONAL CONTENTS IN YOUR ROOM, CONTACT THE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES IF YOU FIND ITEMS MISSING OR SUDDENLY LOST!!

VIOLENT OR ABUSIVE RESIDENTS AND ISSUES ARE HUSHED BY MANAGEMENT AND NOT ADDRESSED!

MANAGEMENT DOES NOT RESPOND TO ATTACKS BY VIOLENT RESIDENTS UPON THE STAFF, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY WILL RESPOND TO ATTACKS TO YOUR LOVED ONE!!

EXPECT FAILED EMERGENCY RESPONSES, LACK OF CNA TRAINING AND PROTOCOLS.

EXPECT NOT TO BE INFORMED WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE'S CARE PLAN CHANGES.

BEWARE OF MRSA, SCABIES, CONTINUOUS URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS AND FUNGAL INFECTIONS!!

THERE IS MORE .... BUT I WILL STOP FOR NOW!!

.... IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO BE IN THIS FACILITY, YOU CAN AFFORD A GOOD ATTORNEY!!! LOCATE AN ATTORNEY THAT SPECIALIZED IN NURSING HOME ABUSE, NEGLECT AND PERSONAL INJURY BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS!!

THIS IS A TRUE AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!

I FEAR FOR MY MOTHERS LIFE UNTIL I CAN MOVE HER ELSEWHERE!!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY!! BEWARE!!

Michelle Auster

Sonata Senior Living has taken your expressed concerns very seriously and have concluded investigations of the allegations you have cited below, on your posts, your letters, and your emails. All allegations and reports to AHCA and other State agencies regarding this matter were also thoroughly investigated by the State and deemed unfounded, as documented in public records. Unfortunately, Sonata Senior Living’s attempt to resolve this amicably have proven unsuccessful and we were notified your attorney is no longer representing you. Although Sonata has determined the investigation into this matter closed, we remain steadfast in our commitment to raise the bar for all memory care providers by offering a state of the art community and maintaining the highest quality standards. Although we regret this unfortunate situation, it has provided a reminder that we must take every grievance as an opportunity to reflect upon ways to improve, and for that we are grateful. We wish you and your Mother the best.

Really nice facility!

This place is broken up into neighborhoods so you don't have a nursing home effect and it is more like an assisted living facility. They help a variety of people as well.

Brooke Ellis

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are very proud to bring an Award Winning Purpose Built design to the West Orange community that fosters the independence of our residents while supporting individuals that are living with memory impairments in varying degrees.

The Best Care for my Mother

The staff at Serenades By Sonata West Orange cared for my wonderful mother for the last 9 months of her life in 2013. My mother was 96 and needed 24 hour nursing care and the staff at Serenades took the best care of her from the nurses to the maintenance personnel. The facility is VERY clean and always welcoming to family members.
My mother was treated with the utmost respect and the administration is open to all comments and requests.

Thankful for the care that my father receives!

Serenades at West Orange in Winter Garden, FL has been the best decision my family has made for my father since he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. When we could no longer keep him safe at home, we did extensive research for the best possible solution for his well being and quality of life. Serenades was the answer to the hardest decision we've been faced with to date. This facility and group of professionals deliver more then what we could have expected. The living quarters are strategically laid out to cause less confusion for residents. The ratio of residents to care givers is just right. The staff is extremely knowledgeable of the Alzheimer's disease and knows how to appropriately respond to different scenarios. The facility and residents apartments are always clean, smelling fresh. Serenades partners with a group that comes in three times each day to interact with the residents. The activities are easy to follow, varied so as to not be monotonous and stimulating! The staff encourage families to participate in their loved ones lives, such as attending the planned activities, eating a meal or dropping by for a visit at any time! The team st Serenades does a STELLAR job caring for my father.

Private pay only. Private ...

Private pay only. Private room - $5300. Shared room - $4800.

Brooke Ellis

Thank you for your interest in our community. Although, we are a private pay community, we do assist families with Veteran's Benefits that can help assist loved one's with financial assistance that covers the cost of assisted living. If you are interested in more information on this benefit, please give us a call, we'd love to help.

Excellent care for a loved one.

My mother has been a resident since September 2013. The facility is beautiful and very well kept, but staff is what makes this facility outstanding. I just can't say enough. The entire staff is kind, caring and treats the residents like family. I never worry about my mom's safety or happiness. The team in charge of activities does a wonderful job of giving variety and keeping the residents engaged. I am grateful we found such a wonderful place for Mom.

Fantastic facility, caring and great staff who take wonderful care of the residents

Serenades West Orange in Winter Garden, FL, is what a facility SHOULD be for everyone everywhere who struggles with finding quality care for a loved one when it is no longer possible to care for him or her at home. In addition, Serenades is for Alzheimer's/dementia care -- a niche desperately needed in this country.

We moved our Mom from the memory care unit of an assisted living facility to Serenades West Orange in May 2013. It has been a wonderful experience from the get-go.

Serenades is so far superior in all ways to the other facility: clean (as in CLEAN); bright; wide hallways to accommodate walkers and wheelchairs as needed; motion sensors; well-placed helpful lighting in the rooms for residents (such as a light strip next to the bathroom door, permanent nightlight over the toilet); good food (individually served to each resident -- food kept warm on the built-in induction burners on the kitchen counters; well-trained staff; friendly, caring, and attentive staff; excellent/timely communications and follow-up with staff via email/phone; meds dispensed by RNs with iPads (and residents' photos for proper ID) (Note: Mom was mis-medicated multiple times in the other facility, which manually wrote down the meds); RNs 24 x 7; secure -- no chance of your loved one wandering out of and away from the facility; excellent/stimulating activities (music, dancing, arts and crafts, language arts, etc.) provided by Team Elliott Education 3 times a day, 7 days a week.

We went from being totally stressed out about Mom's care because of constant problems (some minor but mostly MANY major ones) and spending 80% of our visit time following up with the executive director and resident care director at the former facility to being able to really visit with Mom at Serenades West Orange. A very few minor items were handled expeditiously without our having to constantly follow-up like at the former facility.

Our stress level concerning Mom's care has gone down 1000% because of Serenades West Orange!

Our dear Mom is declining rapidly with late-stage Alzheimer's at this point, but we know she is well cared for at Serenades West Orange.

THANK YOU EVERYONE AT SERENADES WEST ORANGE for "getting it" in what quality Alzheimer's/dementia care should be.

Top of the line, but more for someone with dementia and she would have been locked down. She didn't want that. She would have felt like she was in jail. Was like a five star ritz carlton and the staff was wonderful. It was beautiful, and the staff was great! This would have been my number one pick but she wasn't that demented that she needed to be in a locked facility. They have a beautiful garden.

This is how it should be

This facility is amazing! My mom is well cared for and treated like family by all of the staff. The residents receive healthy meals, fresh fruit, and snacks all day every day. There is a nurse on duty 24/7. There are activities daily and the staff is exceptional. My mom was at Emeritus of Ocoee before coming to Serenades, she was abused, denied food and medically neglected. I'm so thankful that we found Serenades. The facility is beautiful! They go above and beyond! If you are looking for an Assisted Living Facility where your loved one will be loved, respected and well-cared for Serenades at Winter Garden is the place for them to be. Look no further, trust me.

Serenades by Sonata West Orange is an award winning purpose built memory care assisted living community that opened in February 2013. Recognized by the Assisted Living Federation of America's Best of the Best for our program and design, Serenades residents enjoy a home like environment while assisted with their personal care needs by certified nurse's assistants and licensed nurses on staff 24 hours a day. Through our partnerships with families, we are dedicated to caring for those living with Alzheimer's and dementia in a secure environment. Our Lifelong Learner's Program provides resident's with intellectual, researched programs for all cognitive levels that create daily moments of brilliance.

Our community consists of three neighborhoods staffed with consistent caregivers and we have an internal courtyard for residents to explore with raised gardening tables, walkways and water features.

Located in Winter Garden, our community is easily accessible from HWY 50, SR 429 and the Florida's Turnpike. We are a 1/4 mile from The Winter Garden Village off Daniels Road.