Seniors Nest - Stevenson Ranch, CA

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. She has a beautiful home but the rooms were small. The residents all stayed in their rooms and we came 2 times and it was the same both times. She said she took everybody outside daily. It just wasn't a good fit for dad. I would recommend families at least tour 2 or more communities so they can compare them.

Lucky to have found SN

Having a loved one struck with ALZ is very sad and depressing. This disease robes you of your loved one and tests your limits and patience as a person and as family. ALZ doesn't discriminate and it can affect anyone and everyone. Since we were no longer able to take care of our Auntie due to work/life schedule we have decided to tour several facilities in SCV. Seniors' Nest was our top choice because it was beautiful, charming, clean and highly recommended by family friends.

Our Auntie loves living at Seniors' Nest and is very well taken care of by [Removed]. Her roommate is very sweet but quiet (unfortunately the progression of the disease) but is able to carry out some conversations at times. She is able to have conversations with other residents and enjoys sitting on the patio along with them.

[Removed] really treats us like family. She is compassionate, thoughtful, caring and extremely patient. We made a GREAT CHOICE and if there's a spot open, take it before it is gone.

Very friendly environment with very courteous staff. My primary concern was that there wasn't any active residents....everyone was sleeping or listless in their chair or bed. This was not an environment that I want my mother to be in. She needs stimulating conversations with people. This house was even more listless than the first [removed] and everyone is in bed....

Nona Celeste

It broke my husband's heart when his mother could no longer stay home with us. With her mentation declining at warp speed, we needed help. Sure, we looked at [Removed], and they are all great placed, however, "Nona Celeste" needed more 1:1 attention, that these assisted living communities are unable to do (despite their claims). I happen to come across Senior's Nest one day, and was lucky to get a tour of the facilities, and see Halina & Michael in action. Halina is such a very gracious host; she made me a cappuccino and offered me a biscotti, and I felt like family. Halina discussed the particulars, and after consulting with my husband, I felt Senior's Nest would be a great fit for Nona Celeste. They have this dog, named "Peanut" (I think), that Nona Celeste really took a shine towards him, and Peanut was the consummate gentleman with Nona. Families may have issue with with regards to "over-medicating", Please know Halina & Michael have your loved one's interest at heart. Often times, in the dementia disease trajectory, medications often times have to be increased / changed to maximize comfort. I'm a hospice nurse, btw). It's unfortunate how dementia decimates a person's mental capacity and mode of living, but wouldn't you rather see your loved in a non-agitated, non- delirious state? It's reality (though not a pretty one for those left behind.) Overall, Halina & Michael treat "Nona Celeste" as if she were part of their family. This is the best $$$ our family has spent for Nona's care.

We are so lucky to have found this place for our Father! The owners (Halina and Michael) are amazing and truly care for the well-being of our Father who has been there for over 2 years. From daily fun activities, delicious home cooked meals and impeccable care by Dr. [Removed], we are 100% that this is the best place for him and mostly importantly a PIECE of mind for our family. Thank you for everything!!

My friends mother was here for several months in 2015. She had Alzheimer's and they kept her sedated and on all kinds of drugs without notifying the family in advance 😒

The Seniors' Nest is located in picturesque Stevenson Ranch, California. Our living options include Alzheimer's Care, Assisted Living, and Independent Living. We have over 30 years' experience in caring for our patients and our staff receives constant training to provide the best care possible to our residents. Your loved ones can enjoy the privacy of the meticulously maintained facility or step out in the small affluent community of Stevenson Ranch. Approximately 1000 acres of the 6.5 square mile town is dedicated to parks, recreation areas, and open space, giving residents plenty of room to stretch their legs. For the adventurous, Six Flags Magic Mountain is just 3 miles north of the town. There is parking and access to public transportation at The Seniors' Nest, but also a facility provided vehicle and driver. We offer a gourmet food service and can accommodate special diets. Assistance with grooming, toileting, feeding, ambulation, and medication maintenance are also provided. We welcome residents with a number of conditions, including Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, Heart Disease, Incontinence, Alzheimer's, Depression, Diabetes (diet controlled, staff injection, and self injection supported), and those requiring breathing support. Whatever level of support is needed, we are dedicated to filling in the details to provide the best quality of life possible for seniors in our care.