Senior Helpers of Chicago - Chicago, IL

Senior Helpers of Chicago - Chicago, IL has yet not published prices.

• Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • Incidental Transportation
  • Mobility Assistance
  • Care For Pets

Bad management and insensitive

This company has completely bad management and total insensitivity. From what I have experienced and from what I dealing with their management has been a “Blaming the victim” type cases. Moreover, I do not like how they treat their employees. From the first day it was bad. The person that was sent over left and by that time I was so tired. I got off the toilet and fell over a crate. She had possibly moved it there because I know that she move things around. I was talking to the owners about it but I ended up hanging up because I was just so tired. The following day they sent a woman named [Removed] and she’s great. They did very well with training her. Before she came to help out three times a week but as time went on she didn’t have much time. At this point trying to communicate with the management got sticky. [removed] rather works with me on Wednesday but her employers wanted her to work somewhere else. The area where they wanted her was not convenient, but somehow they “emotionally blackmailed” her into doing so. This resulted with [Removed] being over worked and tired. She would be schedule on a Wednesday with me for a seven hour shift after working a thirteen-fourteen hour shift from that other location. She was overwhelmed and barely had any energy. I would tell her to go home and rest because she can’t properly do her job to help me out with things. When this was brought to the attention of Synergy Home Care they told me that if I send anyone home early I would still be responsible for paying the entire seven hours. This whole process has been extremely stressful for me. Another incident was when another employee ruined my $500 suitcase. When I told management they assured me that they’ll clean it to the best of their abilities and I said it wasn’t a matter of getting it clean it’s a matter of getting rid of it because I don’t want to be reminded of the event. You know if they didn’t want me to complain, they shouldn’t have charged me for those hours that I was never actually receiving help. The bottom line with everything is that they have bad management and they treat their staff unfairly. They charge more for the service hours and paying their employees less than half of that.

Very well trained staff

I liked all of the caregivers that cared for my Mother. I only had issues with one of them but they were very responsive to criticism and made changes. There was one woman named [Removed] and she was absolutely wonderful! She was very accommodating and was willing to do a split shift. She was willing to do 4 hours in the morning and 4 in the evening. I loved that she seemed so well trained. All of the staff knew what they were doing. There was one woman though who wasn’t always on time, she didn’t know her own strength, her personality didn’t fit my mother’s, and she forgot to administer medications a few times. Once I was aware of these issues, I called the agency right away and they fixed the issue. I would highly recommend this agency!

Given The Family Piece Of Mind

Things have worked out really well the few times we have had to use this service. The manager of the agency is great very easy to work with. Anytime we have needed the services the caretakers that have come out have been very professional and nice very kind. They come prepared to do what is necessary. The agency is easy to get a hold of if needed.

Care at home

The staff has been very helpful with helping me get someone to come into our home for care.The care taker is very helpful and willing to help with a lot of the household duties for my father.We like that the care take arrives on time and is respectful. We would recommend the staff and the care takers from this good in home care company.

Amazing organization

From the very first call, Jaqueline was supportive, caring and flexible. I was seeking some care for my sister, who was going home from a nursing home where she'd been placed after a hospitalization. I was working in Canada and not available to help.

Jaqueline listened to my concerns and helped me determine a schedule. My sister was a little anxious about having a stranger help her, but America was totally amazing, and made my sister quite comfortable.

America reported some concerns about my sister and the office called me to pass them along. Even the person who called was very sweet and compassionate. I was alerted to call my sister and get some issues resolved.

I couldn't be happier, and highly recommend Senior Helpers.

Excellent Care!

I can't say enough about the excellent care my parents have received from Senior Helpers. [Removed] is so connected and concerned for my mom. She comes early and is always willing to stick around if there's more to do. She handles everything from the cooking and cleaning to helping my dad into the shower. She's the glue that hold this household together.

So far they seem to be doing a good job.

So far they seem to be doing a good job. Mom gets the same girl every time and she seems to be getting quite attached. We haven't had any complaints, or issues with people being late or not showing up. So far we are pretty happy with the agency.

Very professional, addresses issues immediately. Management on top of things at all times.

It's worked out fine.

It's worked out fine. They have been helpful and reliable. We don't always need them, but when we do they have been here, and have been very helpful.

The care giver has been willing to help and is caring..

The care giver has been willing to help and is caring. They are able to provide services to my elderly parents. The friendliness, value, and care services are excellent. I would recommend the Senior Helpers of Chicago. I can't rate the cleanliness or activities because it is not applicable. The care givers come to my home to care for my parents. it has been a really good experience. it's been going great.

Mediocre

I used this agency and have had a couple different caregivers. Jarlilla is terrific! The other caregiver which I can't remember her name is definitely not of the same caliber. My rating is strictly based on what they do for me. I don't require too much assistance at this time so they help with light housekeeping and I'm happy with the service they provide.

They are responsive and making adjustments to helping the people out. I would say their a okay place.

They did not provide the meaningful activities to help with memory care.

They were very reliable and consistent. They were very friendly. For the short time we used them we had a consistent caregiver. I was looking for something not so much for the care, but more someone to work with my loved one to challenge them in the memory world, some card games or things that would keep the parts of the brain that are still working, working for as long as possible. They had a program on their website called Senior Gems, and focuses on what is precious and unique, and focuses on what they are still able to do, provide meaningful activities.
It states they will, foster supportive communication, and promote a positive environment, and provide meaningful activities. The last part, provide meaningful activities, is what I was looking for, and it seemed to me like they would work in a more therapeutic way. I feel like they did not promote meaningful activities. If I was looking for someone to go to the store, or help with general care, then they would be very good. When the gentleman came out and we discussed care needs, and the Senior Gem program, I don't think we were on the same page and he didn't know what the Senior Gem program was.

At Senior Helpers, our goal is to provide senior care in Chicago, IL, that helps patients stay independent in their home. Safety is a top priority, and we're able to help with everything from performing daily activities to providing complete Alzheimer's in-home care.
Senior Helpers serves Chicago, Wilmette, Skokie, and the surrounding areas. We're proud to have compassionate, courteous staff members who are committed to improving the quality of life of our patients. Our goal is to provide dependable senior care to our patients in Chicago, IL, and peace of mind to their families.