A True Family Environment

My father-in-law lived here for 2 years before recently passing away. He remained at River Bend in comfort through his last days and I couldn't be more grateful to the staff that he grew to love for all of their attentiveness throughout his stay here and especially in the days before he passed away. Their compassion was evident, not only for my father-in-law, but also for every family member and friend who came in to visit and say goodbye. River Bend will always come highly by me.

Best Assisted Living home in the area!

My sister lived at River Bend for almost 4 years and recently passed away there. The staff and administration are the most caring and compassionate people I have ever met. My sister absolutely loved living here and loved the food as well! They were always so helpful when we had questions and very accommodating when we came to visit. We will definitely miss all the staff that we have come to know so well and highly recommend River Bend to anyone looking for a nice, clean facility with loving staff members who actually care!

Think twice about River Bend

My mother is a resident of Riverbend Assisted Living in Great Bend, KS. She has lived there for over two years. When she first moved in and up until about 7 months ago I would have given 5's in all of the areas. Now I will give the residence a 3. They have had many of their help leave and they are very short handed. My mother's care is not anywhere near the quality it used to be. There was one incident, not that long ago, when only one care giver was in the entire facility. There have been numerous times when we have asked administration to relay a message to the CNA,s and CMA"s about a request for mom. Often times they will assume the message was given, but didn't check with anyone to see if the request was actually carried out. An example of this would be about 2 months ago my mother threw up and some of it hit the carpet. We asked to please have it cleaned up and still to this day, September 19th, it is still there. I do not put blame on the care staff for many of the problems because they do not have enough help to adequately care for the residents. My mother enjoys living at River Bend because of the friends she has made, so at this time she will not be moving. But if I were looking for an assisted living facility for my loved one, I would give River Bend a second thought.

Good Food Menu

My dad liked this one real well. They have more of a menu when they had meals and the staff was really friendly and stuff there also. I lived in Great Bend at the time and I had meals there that they didn't charge anything if I wanted to eat with my dad. That was really nice.

When the demands of living in your home require more than you’re willing and able to give on your own, you’ll find a welcome home here at River Bend.

River Bend is located on 3820 Broadway in beautiful Great Bend, KS. Great Bend provides family living at its finest with top-notch schools, quality parks, renowned wetlands on its outskirts, and a popular water park and zoo. We are the city with hometown charm that you are looking for.

River Bend is known in Great Bend at the facility of first choice. One of our families described it as like living in a little resort. The Residents at River Bend are still very active, maintaining their social clubs, and network of friends and hobbies. These activities include going to the club for morning exercise, having the bridge club meet at the facility, or going to Kiwana’s. We also have unique and exciting opportunities right in the facility from musicians, to a former Globe Trotter who gives presentations twice a month. We make a special effort to include our families in all the fun as well from a WII for the kids and grandparents to big family gatherings with food galore and incredible entertainment.

Dining is such a focal point of our residents’ day. It starts with an open breakfast – with eggs just the way you like them. We accommodate our early risers ready for toast and coffee as well as those who can’t start the day without a big hot breakfast. Comfort foods, foods familiar and favorite are part of our menu.

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our administrator helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved to access private our public long-term care benefits. Making it easy on the family is priority one.