Rittenhouse Village at Northside - Indianapolis, IN

[Removed] was very knowledgeable about financial information. He shared his experience with his own mother & was honest about my grandmas financial situation. He showed me companion rooms & individual rooms. The environment felt nice but more on the traditional nursing home layout.

I have some major concerns about the procedures they follow here for despensing the resident's medications, and I have talked with the new director of nursing and I feel that she is now addressing those concerns. This is a beautiful community with a wonderful open garden in the middle of the complex so the residents can come and go they are secure and safe, there is even a vegetable garden for them to work in if they choose to. My mom's room is so nice, everything is clean and her window looks out onto the garden area. My mom enjoys being a part of many activities and she is no longer just sitting in her room but she out making friends as well. this has been a good experience for her.

We toured this community for the care for my father. The staff was nice. The community was clean and maintained. The layout was not comfortable. The room were not what we were looking for. We would recommend that families tour this community for their loved one to see if it is a good community for their needs.

Highly Recommended

Rittenhouse was clean, well maintained ,and doesn't have the distinctive facility aroma. The staff seems knowledgeable, attentive, and make a concerted effort to make the transition as easy and smooth as possible.
It's small enough that each of the staff knows each resident by name, which is abundantly helpful during an otherwise stressful life transition.

Nice Community

We had a good experience with this community, during the time my mother was here. Unfortunately they were not able to provide her with the level of care she needed, but they did try their best. It is a nice place with kind people. Even though it didn't work out for us, I would recommend this community.

No Hiccups Or Problems

Everything is going good and well, there has been no hiccups or issues that we came across. We chose this community based on the price and location, the 2 key goals and the availability, we were short on time. Every interaction with various staff showed us they were interested and caring. It has been all good for us, no problem or concern. I have not witnessed anything wrong, misplaced, or lingering odors.

A tour for dad

This is a nice community. The kitchen are called mobile kitchens. Most of the residents have there doors open. Everyone here feels like they have there own space to be alone if they wish. They have happy hour and a nice library. The staff is very caring and available to help when needed. The activities are excellent. The food that is offered seems appealing. We would recommend this community for great care and a great value to others.

My Tour Went Well

My tour of this facility was very nice. The community looks nice and well-kept. The staff showed me all around the facility, everything looks nice and clean. Everybody was very kind and friendly. There are nice activities offered. The staff was very informative, they answered all my questions. The tour went well.

Great communication

We had some issues with medication. They could improve on checking her Meds to see if she is going to run out.They have communicated well with me. They do have a nurse practitioner come in and we like that. When I call I get immediate response. They get right on problems when they arise. The staff is friendly and I can take my dogs to visit. I would recommend this place for others who need a place for their loved ones.

Good place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Rittenhouse! The staff here is very friendly, caring, and professional, and they really do a great job looking out for the people who live here. It is clean, well kept, and they have a lot to provide for the residents.

Good fit for my father.

I looked at several facilities to place my 93 year old father who needed memory care. Rittenhouse Senior Living is the best fit for my father's needs. The staff is friendly and caring, and the price is competitive. My father has been living at Rittenhouse for a few weeks and he appears to feel, welcome, safe and well cared for.

Friendly, welcoming staff

We are pleased with our experience with Rittenhouse Senior Living so far! They are very concerned about making sure that new residents get integrated into all that their community has to offer. In addition to just helping them settle in and get comfortable the staff makes sure that the resident tries out all sorts of different activities and programs to find a daily schedule that works best for them.

The building design is a square with memory care on the back side. The general appearance was more like a nursing home with a variety of smells. Teea was great, but I really didn't have any opportunity to talk with other staff.

safe happy place

I really like Rittenhouse Senior Living of Indianapolis. I was a little nervous at first about putting mom in one of these places, but it has worked out incredibly well.

At Rittenhouse they always know where my mom is and what she's doing. It is a very safe place, with a very nice enclosed courtyard so mom can go outside and feel free yet still be safe.

I also like how they have different activities at least twice a day.

We are very pleased with our experience at Rittenhouse!

The Rittenhouse is a wonderful home for my mom.

I cannot say enough good things about the Rittenhouse. In the beginning, I was pretty anxious about handing my mom over to strangers. In the time since then, I have learned how much they care for her. Everyone who works there knows her and calls her by name; this includes the office staff and the maintenance people. They are all very kind to her and she tells me often how nice and kind they are. I can relax and go out of town as needed, knowing that she is with people who make it their business to look out for her, regardless of their position in the organization.
My mom is very mobile and they have multiple daily activities for her, both inside and outside the community walls. She goes on their weekly outings, plays bingo, watches tv in the living room and bakes on Fridays. She is never just sitting in her room when I go there.
Her safety is important to me. All of the doors to the outer world are locked, but they have a lovely inner courtyard where she can go at will to enjoy the sunshine, gazebo, flowers, etc., all safe within the confines of the Rittenhouse.
The size of the place is perfect; except for when she is in her room, she is never out of "eye-shot" of someone who works there.
Although they are "just" assisted living, they have every in-house service that you could want available on-site. The decor is very nice and the rest of my family said I did great at picking the perfect place for my mom. We are happy with the Rittenhouse; they definitely make you feel at home!!

Review of Rittenhouse Senior Living of Indianapolis Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Indianapolis, IN

I really liked Rittenhouse. Liked it all being on one level. Nice courtyard in the middle. My mom would fit in nicely. Could tell all the residents were happy. Staff was nice too. Another one of the top two.

NIce facility. Very old and...

NIce facility. Very old and reminded me of being runndown

Good location. Staff was ni...

Good location. Staff was nice. The building is a little dated and seemed a little 'nursing homey'. The fees are very reasonable though and within our budget.

the facility was clean but ...

the facility was clean but somewhat shabby. Many of the residents in the memory care area appeared to be relatively low functioning. There were numerous shared rooms. The activities seemed fairly limited. I did not feel my mother would happy here.

Nice enough, but not right for our Mom

This was one of the locations we toured when looking into care options for our Mom. It wasn't particularly impressive, although not outright bad. It was a community that was a mix of assisted living and memory care, and there was a big metal door separating the two areas. Just looking at it I knew Mom would be focused on it and end up wandering out at some point.

This had the look and feel ...

This had the look and feel of a nursing home. The tour guide was not the person originally scheduled and the person that took us around was not very knowledgeable about the facility and kept saying, 'You can call for more information.' It was clean and there were no odors sometimes associated with nursing homes but the few residents we did see did not look happy or engaged in any way.

I found Sharon Patterson and the rest...

I found Sharon Patterson and the rest of the front office staff to be caring, helpful, and experienced in a way that made the process as comforting and reassuring as possible. The facility is very clean and warmly decorated and the grounds are well-maintained. I felt much relief upon finding Rittenhouse and getting to know the staff.

Did tour today for future u...

Did tour today for future use when needed. Impressively clean, warm & caring.

Was impressed with the way ...

Was impressed with the way we saw staff working with asome individuals in the community, and maybe would consider this place as well for Dad.

This place was very nice but for some...

This place was very nice but for some vague reason that I can't put my finger on I didn't think Mom would like it.

Kind of expensive. Sounds like a nice...

Kind of expensive. Sounds like a nice, personalized community.

I visited the facility and had a grea...

I visited the facility and had a great discussion with the director. Highly recommend facility, it was very nice.

The people at Rittenhouse Senior Living believe that residents come first-in everything. We've created Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Care that places individual progress and personal fulfillment as our highest objective. This focus on each resident and his or her enjoyment of life gives Rittenhouse its refreshing charm.
Living Choices:
• Assisted Living
• Short Stay Respite Care
• Special Care Program for Memory Impairment ( Reflections Unit)
• Companion Living Choices
• Three Spacious Floor Plans

Our staff prides itself on respecting the privacy and individuality of our residents, while at the same time, creating a real sense of community. You can maintain the same independent lifestyle you have always enjoyed, plus have the opportunity to connect with your peers, participate in activities, and even form new friendships for a lifetime.

All inclusive pricing which includes 24-hour nursing care, medication management, laundry, daily meals and other services in your base rental price is something most places do not offer. But at Rittenhouse, we want to make life easier-and make billing clear and transparent for your family.

Always something going on...Gardening at 4? Singing at 2? Learning pottery? Rittenhouse offers a wide range of activities every day that raise spirits, stimulate minds, and promote happiness. A full time Activity Director develops and manages the weekly activity schedule with the help of the Resident Council.

A hug from the owners is nice. What makes Rittenhouse especially warm is its management. Owners are often right here giving the community the personal attention that very few other places offer, especially large chains with standardized programs that may or may not fit local individual needs.