Our family is very disappointed that the facility is closing. I want to say thank you to those that took very good care of my parents. Everyone was kind, and my parents felt at home.

Quality going down

My mother in law has lived there for many years and I can honestly say that the quality of care and the meals have gone down trimindusly. About two years ago when I visited her the staff was very friendly and treated my family as if we were living there ourselves. When I came to see her last week the employees looked like they didn't want to be there and no one greeted me. There was no one at the front desk to answer any question if I did have one. The meals were one of the best qualities about the place. My mother use to rave about the cooks and now we have to buy her groceries because the meals arent enough to fill her up and she's not a very big lady. She said it's hard to get someone to help her in a timely manner because they're always short handed. I don't know what has happened over the past year or 2 but I do know that my mother is not as happy as she was when she first moved in. If it was all up to me I would move her out but since it is one of the cheapest in the area we will have to keep her there a little while longer but I've heard good things about Market Street Living so we're going to check that out next.

Pleasant

This facility has a great down to earth feel. The residents seem to enjoy each other's company even outside of activities with makes for a great community. The staff members genuinely care about the residents well being and treat them well!

Great place

Beautiful and clean. Great friendly staff that treat everyone like family. Lots of activities.

I wish I had known about the Rathbone when my Mom was alive, she would have loved it.

The Rathbone has a touch of history, elegance and is a historic mansion with friendly and caring staff that are there to help you. The meals are prepared with care and are not your typical institutionalized meals, they are home cooking. They have transportation to take your loved one to the doctor, to events, and it is a beautiful "mansion" with that feeling of being home.

I would recommend this community!!

The staff are wonderful. They answered our questions and we have good communication. The community is clean and well taken care of. They offer a variety of daily activities. I would rate the food a 2. I visited numerous communities and this was the least expensive of them and mom likes living here.

Jeff Ludwyck

So glad we are serving you well! Thank you for the great review!

My experience with Rathbone has been ...

My experience with Rathbone has been a good one.
I'm very satisfied with the services provided there at Rathbone Home. The staff is great. They are very, friendly, and caring. They are also very personable. They know both my mom and I by first name. The food they provide daily is outstanding. They offer a lot of activities. The facility is always kept very clean. Overall I'm very satisfied and very happy with the care they provide for my mom.

Jeff Ludwyck

We are so glad you are happy with the service we are providing for you and your family. Thank you so much for your kind words!

Very nice place!

Overall they're doing a great job at Rathbone Home, we're very pleased with it. It's a nice looking, clean, well kept facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional! They do a great job taking care of their residents. I do think they could have a bit more variety when it comes to activities, however.

Jeff Ludwyck

Thank you for your kind review! We strive for the best and it brings us so much joy to hear that a family member feels we are caring for their loved one well.

We also appreciate hearing where we can improve. In fact, we totally agree! In the last two months we have made a focused effort on our activities program. This month we purchased a 15 seat shuttle allowing our residents to go on local excursions to nearby towns, restaurants, and activities. Over the coming season we are bringing in scrapbooking professionals, new bands/music groups, fashion shows, and even local pet breeders (everyone needs a little soft and fuzzy sometimes). This month we partnered with a local school so classrooms will be visiting monthly, and vice versa, our residents will be going to visit them in their classroom! In October we are throwing a fall festival for residents and family members complete with carriage rides around the neighborhood, games and much more.

We completely agree that a well rounded activities program is vital to the health and well-being of our residents. As I said, I truly appreciate your feedback and I hope you can stay in touch and experience all of the new, fun, and exciting things we have planned!

Compassionate Senior Living
We are a family owned and operated community built on a firm foundation of faith, love and trust.