Queens Village for Seniors - London, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Review of Queens Village for Seniors

I am very pleased with the care and attention given to my husband at Queen's Village. They were very quick to assess a recent incident and react to it. The Staff are well trained to dealing with his dementia and he seems to be adjusting well to his surroundings. They are open to criticism and will respond to any suggestions I might have. The facility provides activities that he joins in and crafts that he can do.

Amazing place

Queens is an amazing place with amazing staff. I recently moved my aunt in to a lovely room on the memory care floor. She had previously been at another home in London where she had been heavily chemically sedated. Queens believes in quality of life for the resident and has shown their outstanding abilities to interact with dementia patients without the use if chemical restraints. I have not seen my aunt this happy and engaged in almost two years.
I wish I had of known about Queens two years ago, the price is very resonable, the rooms are large and the love the staff shows to the residents is beyond words.

Very Impressive

Mom moved into Queens Village 6 weeks ago. We have been very impressed with the lovely attitude of the owner Francine, and all of the staff ... caring, considerate, knowledgeable and very helpful. Francine is completely direct and transparent about what can be provided and what cannot and the costs of additional services if needed. Many of the staff have been there for a long time, and they very obviously "work together" to provide the care for the residents. Much less "institutional" than any of the many residences we have seen. Meals are very decent and nutritious and any needs are attended to promptly with no hassle. Very impressive.

I loved Queens Village . The staff were so up beat and helpful. The place felt like home as soon as i arrived. Loved the size of the apartments offered. I felt like it was a place i could stay at if and when i need such a place and would have no problem putting my Aunt there.

Just the right place

We are so pleased with the queens village for seniors. The staff is truly caring and helpful and professional. They follow up on things. It's a family and team environment and everyone looks after the other. very happy.

Good work, Queens Village!

Although Queens Village does not have up-to-date amenities and apartments, I still prefer it to the others I've seen in London. The home is clean, and the apartments are well taken care of. But most importantly, the amount of living space you get for your money is far greater than what most up-to-date homes offer. Furthermore, the friendly staff are very flexible and will assist residents according to need. Other homes will charge for almost every service, e.g., medication administration, showers etc. Not at Queens Village. Here, one never has the feeling of being nickel-and-dimed. My father gets the assistance he needs at no extra cost, which creates a very relaxed experience. The technical assistance in the home is also very prompt and professional. The kitchen staff, the PSWs, the nursing staff and the manager are truly kind people. And that is what matters most in the end. Given the relatively small number of residents, one does not feel lost or tucked away at the end of a long hallway on a distant floor in a high rise. Instead, a real sense of community and closeness is fostered. I would suggest one small improvement: try to keep bags of dirty laundry and trays with dirty dishes out of sight in the hallways. Otherwise, keep up the good work, Queens Village!

previously toured residence. nice building suited for more senior people than self.

A wonderful place for mom

From the first moment I walked into Queen's Village I have not been disappointed. The residents and staff are active, engaged and positive. My mother is now a part of the Queen's Village family and I can't imagine a better or nicer place for her to be. In fact, I've informed my own children that I'd like to be in Queens Village if and when the need arises.

Disappointed

Dad was only in Queen's Village for a week so I don't have a long-term perspective on the facility. While I found the staff friendly and helpful, I was concerned that there weren't enough staff. My father has incontinence issues so having laundry done one a week is not enough. As well, those same issues mean that his washroom needed to be cleaned more often than it was and dirty clothes around the room dealt with in a more timely fashion.

Compassion and Care Excel Here!

We have found complete care and compassion for our brother at Queens Village. On Memory Lane, he is kept busy - there is almost always something going to keep him engaged and thinking and analyzing. If a ballgame is on, they encourage him to keep that memory of a beloved sport sport current in his mind - watch out - we have hockey, baseball and football all available in the coming month at once. He played them all! You may miss his bubbly personality for a while!.
Medical Care has also be most excellent. As previous Caregivers and as a relative, we have been most comfortable with the attention he has had.
This is a wonderful Facility - we could not ask for anything more from them.

Husband responds positively to respite time at Queens Village

My husband was a guest at Queens Village for 2 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed his time there. The staff are outstanding, going above and beyond to assure comfort, compassion and care. His case was unique to what they usually provide and yet he felt very loved and protected there. Two weeks after his vacation there, when back at his regular residence he asked "when do we go back to London?" As his verbal skills have declined significantly and his comprehension is limited, this was a great indicator of how much he liked it there and that Queens Village certainly exceeds the understanding and ability to help those with dementia. Thank you for giving my husband 2 weeks of respite in the environment of love and compassion.

We are very satisfied.

We are very satisfied. It's clean, the staff is friendly. I don't have any complaints at this point. It's been a rough transition, but I think Queens Village is a nice place.

Good place overall, could use more staff

In general I think they do a good job at Queens Village, for the most part the staff is very good and I think they do a good job looking after the residents. However, I do think they are a bit understaffed, some maintenance and cleanliness issues get ignored since there just aren't enough people to handle them. The food is also very institutional, although from what I have heard that is not too unusual for these places.

We were greeted by Franicine Lacroix who gave us an in-depth history and culture of Queens Village. As well Francines was very friendly and gave us lots of information to look at and review. The tour was good, staff was friendly and the people who live there did not appear to be as positive and friendly towards us then they did at Waverley. We were there around lunch time so this may have had something to do as to why we thought the residences did not appear to be outgoing with visitors.
On the plus side Queens village does have a secure ward (but does not give the appears of a lock down ward) for advanced dementia patients. Francine is French speaking and my mom would love that.

Queens Village is a residence for seniors providing a variety of care and services serving the communities of London since 2004. Nested in the prestigious community of Woodfield, we enjoy living in a
We offer our residents an extension of their home by providing a personalized assistance program. Our services include Independent and Assisted Living Care, Alzheimer's and other Dementia Care, Respite Stays and Post Surgery Rehabilitation. Our services are designed to keep our residents independent while maintaining their dignity.

We are licensed under the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority and a member of Ontario Retirement Community Association.