Poet's Corner Residential Care Facility for the Elderly - Pleasant Hill, CA

Home was clean and looked well maintained. Staff appeared attentive and well-groomed. One resident has severe dementia, another is lightly impaired with dementia and still active. Home serves three meals and snacks during the day. At least two caregivers are around 24/7. Medications are kept in a lockable closet. Care plans are customized for each resident. They have someone come in each Wednesday to provide music or other special activity. Caregivers appear to interact with residents based on residents' needs. Caregivers do not have medical certifications. Injections or wound care requires third-party medical

A Community I would Recommend

This is a community I would recommend, they are taking good care of my father. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They have a good staff here. They do offer nice activities for the residents. The food is nice, they serve nice meals. This is a community I would recommend.

Friendly staff, great food

They do a great job at Poet's Corner, I'd give them top marks across the board! The staff here (Vicky in particular!) do a wonderful job looking out for the residents. The facility itself is always well kept and clean, and usually smells like freshly cooked food! And the food is very good, my loved one has been eating bigger portions and more regularly since he moved in! I would highly recommend the place.

So Happy With My Choice!

We love it! I think the value is great and the care is superb! I don't really think they have many activities but my aunt's not really interested anyway. I really liked the people there and it was all about getting my aunt the best place so even though I have to travel I'm very happy with my choice.

The question I asked, they had the right answers. My aunt doesn't' want to be there because she doesn't want to be anywhere but she never says she doesn't like them. The other day I took her to a doctor's appointment and when we were leaving she told he owner she would miss her while she's gone.

There was a room available with a bathroom. There were some I looked at that were cheaper and there were some that were more expensive but it wasn't about the money so much as the service. I would highly recommend them!

Great Memory Care Methodology

I definitely loved their methodology of treating memory. They have a special program that I believe they developed (or maybe it was someone they worked with that developed it) that really focuses around keeping the residents engaged and in the community. There are multiple activities going. They also have a thing were if a person has trouble going to sleep and waking up they have an alarm that is music to slowly brings them out of sleep or lull them into it. It's a very calming and soothing approach. They do a lot with music which I really like.

It just had a whole hospital feel to me that I didn't like. There weren't any green plants or anything - very institutional.