A Dangerous Place to Live

After touring this facility a few months ago we felt compelled to write this review in order to help others avoid a probable mistake moving here. We returned around a month ago to ask questions with the current residence for their personal point of view after the tour. This has helped me in many ways deciding the options available to my Mother. We understood this was a reputable facility with senior and disabled residents and that was all. We were told openly by current residents gun shots are not uncommon and a couple months ago a man was killed during a gang related confrontation. The WiFi does not work in the building this building as stated by the building residents, because it is too far away from the office. They told us they have complained but most things fall on deaf ears and they are treated disrespectfully with indifference as if the management is being bothered. So why should the distance from the office have anything to do with the WiFi access included in their rent? Mother needs computer access to arrange appointments, internet access for email, Facebook, social media in general and information concerning anything she so desires. How frustrating it would be not to have a real basic need similar to power and water in this day and age? The smoking is extreme and bothersome and so are the drugs and alcohol, which were blatantly open. Anyone dealing with rehabilitation from these addictions would probably be tempted to revert to their old life since it is in your face in broad daylight. We saw residents even do maintenance around their building, picking up cigarette butts, garbage in the parking lot and covered areas. It appeared these residences were not the problem but there was quite a lot to be done on the building and grounds. My Mother wants to live in a place where she may invite friends over but this seems dangerous and we agreed on the same points. The thought of her being afraid is more than anyone should endure no matter what their situation. Don't fall victim to a sugar coated presentation. Revisit on your own terms and you'll get the real scoop on a facility. There are some good points, but these certainly outweighed anything we were up-sold to believe as far as my Mother's care and safety. Find a place to call home, not a money maker through the Sate.

I'm a current resident its hard to get used to the revolving of room mates, I believe that Peachstone need to come up with a better way to match their room mates together. I'm in a situation now where I have made 3 complaints to management and only thing they did was send a letter. No one came to investigate or talk to my room mate. I have to listen to his company argue with each other, domestic abuse to a female, children being left in the room alone. guest leaving without locking the door and just returning at will. room mates company used my pots, bowls, silver ware without asking. left dishes in the sink. when I told him about them leaving dishes in the sink he removed the dirty dishes from the sink and put them in the pantry. This is unacceptable, this weekend alone I had to call the police three times because of fights and people knocking on the door 2am in the morning. I fear for my safety so I'm looking to move elsewhere

My Friend Is Doing Much Better

My friend is doing much better since his move this community. These are more apartment for senior living, so he is still able to keep his independence. The apartments look great, everything is nice and well-kept. As far as staff our only experience has been with the ladies in the offices, they have been very nice and friendly. There is a social room, where the residents go to socialize. It has been a good experience and I would recommend it.

I moved here a year ago

I moved in here almost a year ago and I have had a pretty good stay so far. The leasing staff and maintenance are very helpful. I'm not really sure where the bad reviews come from as I have had a very peaceful stay.

The only problem I have had is that it can be hard living with roommates, but once it is reported to the office they handle it quickly.

Absolutely Awful!

This place is Horrible! 5 people in 1 apartment for 600 a month for one. Probably three of the four roommates (as is my case) smoke inside the rooms, are filthy, use drugs and have prostitutes frequent the apartment that has only one front door. Tenants party pretty much every night, yelling, fighting and playing loud music right outside on the balcanys. And the placed is trashed with garbage bags that residents leave out everyday for maintenance to pick up....but it's probably picked up once a week. This place really is bad! Rather be in a weekly motel than this dump.

Great Place to live

I've lived here for 5 months. I really enjoy living here. Its nice and clean over here. I like the way the staff handles things. They help me with getting connections with resources and things like that. The maintenance is very quick to fix things and goes out of their way to help with other things. I recommend this community to all my friends and anyone who is on a fixed income. Its very safe. I don't worry about anyone breaking in or trying to get my things.

Good Apartments, Low Rates

This place has a very different set up, but it is very affordable where rent includes all rent. They are completely handicap accesible with elevators on every building. Maintenance staff is on call at all times. Staff seems to be very friendly and tries to help however they can. I would reccomend this apartment to anyone in the area, espcially if you have low income.

Love my apartment.

I have lived here at Peachstone for 5 years. The rates are excellent with all utilites included, I love the envirmonet with the neighbors. Location is very close to nerby stores, senior activites, etc. I enjoy the monthly activities they provide especially Bingo!! Also the staff are very helpful and caring.

This living is shared with 3 other people, although he would have his own bedroom and bathroom everything else will be shared with others.

Peachstone Independent

Not a good place to live in one has trouble sleeping or not accustomed to loud noise volumes, [removed] daily ambulance and police visits, or roommates that don't wash their clothes or themselves. The $100 decorating fee should be refunded as carpets weren't shampooed, stove burners are rusted and burnt, the refrigerator, stove, and washer/ dryer need to be pulled out to clean the floors, and the window seals were black with soot and cigarette butts. The ceiling fan globes need to be washed and the floor molding is filthy. There is old and rotting food in the refrigerator and cabinets, which hadn't been cleaned in months. Plus, the exterminator had to be called out already for baby roaches. I'm constantly cleaning as one of the tenants has a body fungus and doesn't shower; as well as, is a hoarder. Management says they have no jurisdiction on their hygiene or the cleanliness of their individual rooms. But there is also a lack of keeping the common areas cleaned. The table is always sticky and ants have been crawling in some of be living room chairs. Definitely, don't come here if you're not a smoker. There is excessive smoking throughout the grounds, to the point of having a butt cleaning contest. Thank goodness, I've only signed a 6 months lease.

Everything seems to be pretty good right now.

Everything seems to be pretty good right now. We don't have any complaints or concerns over food, or staff, or how clean it's kept. No complaints at all really. They seem to be doing a good job.

Many heavy smokers here

This was a nice enough looking community, in terms of the facility itself, and the rooms are a very nice size for the price. However, this is a very smoking friendly community and it was making my loved one very sick. Even in her private room there was a noticeable cigarette smell. If your loved one is a smoker and would not mind this sort of environment I'm sure it would be a nice place, but we had to move my loved one out for health reasons.

Review of Peachstone Independent Senior Living Senior Apartments in Marietta, GA

Dorms. Definitely not what I'm looking for n

Nice, clean Pleasant Professional Staff, The residents were very friendly, & hospitable,& welcoming..

Yes, I love it and the area...

Yes, I love it and the area... ready to complete the application today.