Palm Villas - Redwood City, CA

This seems to be a lovely, caring facility but too pricey for us.

Gary has been wonderful!!

My wife will be making the move into this community shortly when she is more mentally ready. We have been working closely with [Removed] and he has been wonderful. He has been making different arrangement's for us and accommodating our situation as best as he possible can. I am looking forward to the experience she will have there in the future.

Love this place!

I love Palm Villas. They are so kind and loving to all the patients. They are always responsive to me when I call. I have consistently witnessed them dropping everything to immediately attend to patients with any need they may have. They really do treat the patients like family members. They have also been so supportive and helpful to me as a caregiver. Love this place!

Palm Villas is excellent! I'm extreme...

Palm Villas is excellent! I'm extremely satisfied with the services provided, cleanliness of the facility, friendliness of staff, care provided, activities offered, and just overall services.

recommended

I’d give them more than a five if I could. This community is like a family and your loved one needs to have care, this is the only place I’d consider for getting the care a loved one needed. They dealt with my loved one’s passing well.

I highly recommend it.

The food is unbelievable, it's home cooking. Being on the smaller scale, I highly recommend it. It smells good, every room has a window, it always smells fresh. They really are wonderful. The people that own it and the people that run it, they really make us feel like family. We were on a waiting list for a different community but there wasn't any room. I am so glad it worked out that way, now.

Too similar to environment ...

Too similar to environment dad was in in a skilled nursing facility which he did not enjoy. Dad would have most enjoyed the bowling activity. Good location for family to visit, but that is not why he is moving.

Really Good Memory Care

It seem to be very clean. They are extremely friendly. I think that the value is really very good. My husband can be combative. He was there just a little while and had to go the hospital. Now he's back again and I think that they are doing a good job. It's a memory house so all the people can be difficult. I think they're doing a great job. They do have activities. That probably is not their best feature. They do a cute game of bowling in the afternoons and some crafts. They did an awful lot for Halloween. It's not a high priority for me because my husband is not really interested or able to do activities. They have people come and play music and they watch movies. There's not a lot going but there's something every day.

I think that it's very good. There are little thing like they do laundry and you might get someone else's clothes back.

In the first few days there was a lot of acting out and he was much more combative than he ever was at home. I think it was the transition. They would have been well within their rights to say they didn't want to keep him but they did keep him and I though that was very good. They really worked with me to make his staying there possible.

I was impressed with how knowledgable...

I was impressed with how knowledgable the owner was about his residents and their needs. They really know how to serve people with dementia! I was really impressed with the fact that the medical director is an MD - and they routinely work with "house call" doctors and even a dentist. Home cooked organic meals! The dogs were cute. Some of the facility is a bit funky, but it did seem clean.

Family run facility; one owner physic...

Family run facility; one owner physical therapist background -- believes in making patients more mobile. Daily activities. Small dogs help reduce anxiety, etc. Specialize in dementia/Alzheimer's. Rates all inclusive care including room/board, assistance with daily living, incontinent care, three nutritious meals and snacks daily, medication management, cleaning services. Transportation available.