The Waterford at Creekside - Pensacola, FL

Waterford Creekside Not Paying Bill

They are not paying there bills, and the Director and Accountant will not returns calls after 6 weeks of non payment. I'm wondering if they are having a cash flow problem.
Hoping it's not affecting the quality of patient care?!

The set-up at Waterford is quite different. I think it is pretty homelike for the residents. Staff and personnel are engaged, friendly and very caring of the residents. Everywhere was clean and well-organized. If [name removed] was more aware and independent, he would do well here among other military men.

Having Some Concerns

This community is leaving me with some major concerns and now I am questioning whether or not I made the right choice. One of the reasons why we chose this place is because of the director of nursing who they have since let go. I am not a fan of the attitude that I receive when I call to check and see if my mother has received a shower I am getting conflicting information from a couple of different people. There is a lack of communication especially when it came to the storm they were very slow in getting us information whether they were evacuated to another location. They have hired a new site director who I have met and she seems nice and professional. The community is clean and well maintained and from what I'm told the food is okay. I was happy to know it is a continuous care property and if mom needed more help I wouldn't have to move her.

Home like atmosphere, great care, at a decent price

My mother has Alzheimer's. She was in an assisted living facility, but her short term memory was getting worse, and she never wanted to leave her room. We knew it was time to move her into a memory care facility so she could get the individual attention and care she needed. The staff here is absolutely wonderful. They are always helpful and kind. It does not appear they have a high turn over of caretakers as some other places do. All the residents are well groomed, dressed and clean whenever we visit. The kitchens in each cottage give it a nice home-like atmosphere. We noticed a few minor housekeeping flaws, but the staff quickly corrected them when we brought it to their attention. Residents are grouped by their cognitive abilities into one of several cottages; this approach seems so much better than everyone being grouped and living in one large facility and shared dining room. Being in the early/middle stages of dementia, mom would have never understood why she was living with people in advanced stages of the disease, so this approach works well for her. The medical staff reviews her charts and keeps us informed of any concerns. The Waterford is a nice facility with decent medical care at a reasonable price as far as memory care facilities go. My mother has a roommate and we are happy we didn't put her in a private room. We know what a tough decision it is to place a loved one in a facility, and we looked at many in the Pensacola/Gulf Breeze area. Creekside gives you peace of mind when you have to make that tough decision.

Home like atmosphere, great care, at a decent price

My mother has Alzheimer's and vascular dementia. She was in an assisted living facility, but her short term memory was getting worse, and she never wanted to leave her room. We knew it was time to move her into a memory care facility so she could get the individual attention and care she needed. The staff here is absolutely wonderful. They are always helpful and kind. It does not appear they have a high turn over of care takers as some other places do. All the residents are well groomed, dressed and clean whenever we visit. The kitchens in each cottage give it a nice home-like atmosphere. We noticed a few minor housekeeping flaws, but the staff quickly corrected them when we brought it to their attention. Residents are grouped by their cognitive abilities into one of several cottages; this approach seems so much better than everyone being grouped into one large facility and shared dining room. Being in the early/middle stages of dementia, mom would have never understood why she was in with people in advanced stages of the disease, so this approach works well for her. The medical staff reviews her charts and keeps us informed of any concerns. The Waterford at Creekside is a nice facility with excellent medical care at a decent price. My mother has a roommate and they keep each other company. It is nice to know she has a companion in her room! We are so happy we didn't put her in a private room. We know what a tough decision it is to place a loved one in a facility, and welooked at many in the Pensacola/Gulf Breeze area. Creekside gives you peace of mind when you have to make that tough decision.

WOULDNT SEND MY WORST ENEMY HERE

Very first night Nov 2016 I arrived with my mother in a wheelchair Friday night 7 pm. Two staff were talking all the residents were already in bed. CNAs kept talking to each other, didn't even know mom's name very rude and didn't offer assistance to my husband mom or me with items we brought for her stay.
10 days later back from vacation. I had nurse call EMT and mom transported immediately to ER at West Florida Hospital for decubitus sores on both her feet that were so bad the photos would make you ill.
Once admitted she had to stay 4 days to be well enough for discharge and come to find out the sores were the least of her problems.
Prior texts and emails to the executive director went unanswered. Do you think anyone called me to see how my mother was doing during her hospital visit or absence from this facility? NOT ONE CALL OR EMAIL.
THEY GOT HER MONEY AND THAT WAS IT - WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT.

Good Respite Stay So Far

My brother is here at this community for a respite stay. So far everything is going pretty well. It is a nice community. They do a good with the cleanliness of the facility. The staff for the most part is kind, and caring. I know he is in a nice secure community. It is still a work progress, but he is in good hands. I would recommend this community, it is a nice place.

Not impressed yet

I have had experience in rehabs and other facilities with different loved ones. None are great. This facility could be very nice. The presentation is nice but much of how any facility rates depends on its employees. When you are in an assisted living memory care facility and personal hygiene needs are consistently not met, somethings wrong with management, supervision and what the techs understanding of their jobs are. They do not seem to understand people with dementia who say no may do what they want if they just come back in 5 minutes or just do it.
Definitely some educational opportunities here on what an assisted living means and on patients with dementia.

Always there to please!

The staff has been just great. They have done a great job with my loved one. Me and my family always feel bad when we leave and the staff makes it a lot easier for us and my loved one. They are great about communicating with us. The only thing that we brought up was that my loved ones carpet smelled like urine. They were able to take care of it.

They offer a cottage style living!!

The staff at this community are very kind and generous. They have had some turnover. My uncle likes the healthy food. They offer a variety of activities. The community is clean. I would recommend this community.

Take it off your radar

Such a disappointment. Care is sporadic and haphazard. This is no oversight on showers or care. The caregivers ignore resident needs. I would recommend looking elsewhere. We finally did.

Dads care

Apparently they changed ownership towards the end of 2015. There are a lot of new employees, most of which are just learning and aren't familiar with Alzheimer's, Louie bodies, etc. Nor proper care.

Communication

My husband Walter [removed] seems to be adjusting and that is good for me. I find it difficult to eat with him due to your reservation policy. It seems to take a long time for a request of mine to taken care of. Many times when I ask the techs about it, they say they passed it on and they don't know why it wasn't taken care of. This involves lost laundry,late or incorrect medications in addition to requests for medication to be prescribed. It took several days after a rash Walter had to get a Rx to help it. Showers can be "instant" or through depending on who does it. I do the showers many times, because he says he hadn't had one when he wanted it, or it was not long enough for him to get clean. Many times I come in and he has not had any deodorant on. I feel like if he gets no shower, he should at least get his face and underarms with deodorant and peri area cleaned.Everyone is very nice and tries to help, but so many things fall through the cracks. Why am I disclosing my monthly payment if it is not with the review? Walter is not interested in your activities.

Outstanding!

This has been a unique experience. They provided for my mom and my needs as well. They have a Very outstanding and professional staff. My mother has improved tremendously. The Pacifica Senior Living Creekside is outstanding. Thank you to "A Place for Mom"!! This has been a great experience. I would highly recommend the Pacifica Senior Living Creekside to anyone searching for a great assisted living community.

Good Place

I love this place. The staff and attendants are very helpful and polite. They are great with communication, I always know what is going on. It is a great place to visit my loved one in.

They are doing an excellent job.

They are doing an excellent job. I have no concerns about how clean it is. they are very accommodating and helpful. They are doing everything they can for her, and she doesn't always make it easy. I am very happy with Pacifica.

Everything has been good. Friendlines...

Everything has been good. Friendliness of staff, cleanliness of the facility, care, activities, and services have all been good.

Very caring caregivers.

It's been a difficult transition period. I liked that they are there 24 hours. I know that she is taken care of. Thus far in our relationship with the caregivers, they are incredible, and they seem to be very, very caring.

I recommend this place!

I recommend this place! I have recommended it to a lot of people. It’s expensive. If you don’t have insurance –it might out of many people’s means. It’s extremely nice. We only used it for respite care. It’s a wonderful place. The staff is just phenomenal

decent community

The community was very clean. The staff was very friendly. I don’t get a chance to be there very often, but the community seems like a good value. They could have more activities. It seems to be serving its purpose.

He has moved 5 times since Jan. 9th. I hope we have found his home.

He has only ben there a week and I have seen him once so I was pleased with the care so far, but not enough time to give a full evaluation. I call, and today they said that he was talking a lot and his sence of humor was entertaining them all. I am going for a visit on Thursday and will get a better idea of how he is adjusting to his new home.

It's been very good, a little expensive, but very good.

It's been very good, a little expensive, but very good. We chose it because of the cottages. They are small cottages with a maximum of 18 patients in each cottage, so they had more one on one attention. We liked that they don't have to go to the cafeteria they bring the food to them.

Beautiful

We toured. This is assisted living, and at first they told us that they couldn't take my mom because she had had a suicide attempt. They told us that if she did well at University Pines, however, that they would take her once she was ready for assisted living. It was a beautiful facility, but she wasn't ready for the full assistance. It was comforting to know that we had a back up plan when we needed it.

Not Impressed

This is a memory care place. I was not impressed with the director, she seemed distant. She took me into one of the facilities that she thought would be a good fit. They were serving lunch and the food did not look at all appealing. They were having baked potatoes that were baked and over baked, they had that yellowish brown look. It looked like they had the people so drugged up that they were just zoning around. Hospital feel. She showed me the room, there were two residents to a room with no type of privacy between the two residents - one big room, no curtains, nothing.

The senior living community in Pensacola, FL provides residents with a positive, nurturing environment that encourages health and happiness while promoting companionship among residents and staff. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. We offer a variety of benefits geared toward seniors with cognitive impairments, including music and memory services, pet therapy and aromatherapy. As Northwest Florida’s only all-Memory Care community, we provide a support group for families of residents as well as educational seminars that are open to the public.