Otterbein senior lifestyle choices - New Albany, OH

Otterbein senior lifestyle choices - New Albany, OH has yet not published prices.

Wish I would have gone elsewhere.

Our first experience a year ago with the Gahanna location was positive. When the Gahanna location was not available this time we choose the New Albany location thinking it would be the same or better quality. I was absolutely wrong! It appears they are way understaffed and at times inattentive to the needs of the residents. Protocols for patient rounds do not appear to be followed with any rigor. Staffing for evening and weekend shifts is a concern. While responsive to calls that should not have to be made in the first place, there is no excuse for the apparent lack of care and attention. I realize patient care especially for the elderly can be a real challenge. However that should not be an excuse when considering the exhorbirant amounts being charged for this care.

This was an awful experience for both my parents

Unfortunately, both of my parents came here following their hospital stays. My mother called me in tears the same night she was admitted and we brought her home the next day because of the awful way she was treated. No one would respond to her buzzer because they were all sitting in the lobby playing with their phone in fact when I came to see my mom they also had their friends sitting there with them that did not even work there. The one aide that finally showed up to my moms was rude and told her she'd just have to wait for someone else to fix her TV and walked out. My father was never given a shower, nor did they ever change his clothes in the four days he was there, he developed a rash because his depends were never changed on a regular basis and because of my dad's dementia he was not able to communicate even if someone had asked him questions. There were not even any towels in his bathroom when we came to visit him. I would never recommend this place to anyone for any reason, It was awful.