Mt. Zion Home For The Elderly - Union City, CA

For My Dad

After moving my dad into the Mt. Zion Home For The Elderly he is doing well. The staff are doing okay.

Love, laughter, and tender care.

I had to move Mom in a hurry for the third time after Dad died. I was a mess, and Mom had dementia. I was so nervous about all of her moves and choosing a place where she could stay, be cared for and be happy. I am so impressed by the kindness of Resty, He kept Mom active, with crossword puzzles, singing, games and exercise. They took such great care for Mom, that I left with a BIG hug of appreciation, and love. Mom was treated like family. I couldn't ask for more.

My sister and I toured various care facilities in our area for our mom. Although we deemed all of them acceptable, we decided on Mt Zion Home for the Elderly the moment we ended our visit. We find the Home to be a clean, friendly, cozy environment with great professional care. The facilities, activities and grounds are excellent. All in all we feel our mother will be very well cared for at Mt Zion Home for the Elderly.

Rough Around the Edges

This community is VA approved. There are only a couple of problems that I see that could use a little work. First impressions are very important and when you walk into this community there is not enough places to sit down and relax. It seems like the front room is too small for people to be comfortable. It could use a better sitting area. There is a small issue with the staff speaking a foreign language in front of the residents. I feel like it is slightly disrespectful to speak in a different language in front of the residents because it is a place of business. Also finances should not be discussed in front of the residents and should be discussed in a more private setting. They do provide excellent care and the food is fine. The community could be updated a little but overall it is a good place to be.

This is my second choice but the mont...

This is my second choice but the monthly cost is VERY good ($1000 less than Green Gables Villa). The director and his wife are really nice and I think my father would be well cared for here. They are a bit on the religious side and have a priest visit on Sundays to offer communion. My father would NOT like that and if they leave him alone that would be ok but if they try to push him he'd be really upset.

DESCRIPTION

Mt. Zion Home for the elderly is a private pay six (6) bed residential care facility for sixty (60) years old and above residents who may have non-ambulatory/ambulatory status. This facility was founded on December 12, 2011 by Restituto and Gertrudes Sabadera. The latter is an active California registered nurse with over thirty three (33) years of nursing practice, while husband is a certified nurse assistant and administrator of the facility with over thirty two (32) years of combined work experience in the field of accounting, administration, safety, health and logistics.

We are dedicated to quality care for residents, serving all residents with dignity, respect and compassion. We encourage and support resident independence, assisting residents to retain the ability to provide self care is emphasized. We provide room, board, housekeeping, supervision and assistance with the activities of daily living like eating, dressing, walking and personal hygiene. Our level of care is intended for people who are unable to live by themselves, but who do not need 24 hour nursing care.

We offer a wide variety of fun and stimulation activities which are appropriate for the cognitive and physical abilities of the resident. Active participation in our activity program is encouraged; however, residents may choose the activities they would like to participate in. Appropriate care plans are followed to meet each resident’s unique needs.

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

The neighborhood is quiet, friendly and peaceful residential area close to Tropics Senior Community Homes. It is half mile away from freeway 880 near Union City Ralph Ruggeri Senior Center, commercial area such as Lucky Supermarket, “IN and OUT” Burger House, Mexico Lindo, Outerback, U.S. Post office, Seafood Supermarket, Island Pacific, beauty parlor, barber shop, medical/ dental offices, Washington Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Hospital. Nearby cities are Hayward, San Leandro, Fremont and Newark.

COMMUNITY INFORMATION

Mt. Zion is a one storey single detached house built in 1977. The total square foot lot is 8,799 with 1,542 Square foot of living space.

The interior and exterior of the house was renovated on June 2011. It is wheelchair, scooter, walker and cane friendly. Bathroom is wheelchair accessible equipped with sufficient grab bars to prevent falls and injury. Rooms have upgraded laminate flooring. Hallways, living room, and kitchen are non-skid tile flooring. It has new kitchen cabinets with granite countertops. Our backyard is significantly huge for any outdoor activities like walking, any morning exercise, picnic and gardening.

The atmosphere is cheery and homey where residents will enjoy the feeling of being in their own home as opposed to a clinical environment. We treat our residents as a member of a family with love, dignity, respect and compassion. Individual care plan is supervised and monitored by a registered nurse on board.